Removed my M8 lens cover yielding great results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

twoeleven99

Sep 17, 2009
NYC/TAMPA
www.leopolancophotography.com
Troll much. Whats your problem? Take Leo Polanco Photography elsewhere. This is a damn camera phone for Pete's sake.
@Andy might as well close the thread. Too many l33t photographers in here. Seems like everyone is a expert now days.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thank you for agreeing with me

ARHD M8

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

+1 to frost, two11 notice how frost has more than 2x your thanks but only ~50% more posts. Because he doesn't run around starting arguments with people posting some interesting experiments.

I trust the OP when he says he's a professional photographer. Instead of calling him out because you think you know what it takes to be one when you aren't, how about you take in the info. Like I am. I never would have thought the M8 was capable of high level photos, but now I do. It's like you're rejecting the knowledge.
I don't understand what the bicker about how it shattered really matters. I have a fake display Galaxy S5 (you know, plastic screen) and it's deeply scratched in a way that looks like cracks. Also, plastic can crack in a way that is similar to glass just like how glass can scratch like plastic. Stop trying to sound smart.

Either way, the thread was a good read and I appreciate OP for posting results. I'm not a serious photographer though I do notice the differences in the pictures, but I'll live with the worse quality shots just for the sake of protection and aesthetics.

Sorry for rejecting the knowledge

ARHD M8

twoeleven99

Sep 17, 2009
NYC/TAMPA
www.leopolancophotography.com
Look white knights,
I won’t even get into how many contradictory comments the op has made in this thread, or get into whether he’s a photographer or an engineer, or if by post 9 he’s directly challenging members about his expertise.

I never once mentioned what it is i do for a living to gain credibility, another member brought that up. you either believe me or you don’t with what i am about to tell you.

My post history is available on the many devices I’ve owned on xda and you can go back and see if i’m a forum troll who starts arguments or if i help people out. You only need to look in the z1 section to see how much time i took out to write up an extensive guide trying to help people complaining about the camera on that device.

I will say this and never enter this thread again…

Here are FACTS, take it or leave it.

The camera on this phone produces moire artifacts, fringing in high contrast areas, and it clips color channels.

HTC didn’t say, “ lets put a piece of glass/plastic in front of our camera lens to **** with people while they’re trying to take pictures “ its there for a reason. OP has not provided the GREAT results proving that removing this glass will improve camera function, it will not. What will happen though, I guarantee, is dust falling directly on the lens, and scratches, directly on the lens, instead of the protective piece producing spots and lines throughout your image from there on out.

Have a goodnight. Sorry if I rubbed people the wrong way.

Signed, l33t photographer troll

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Thank you. I appreciate it!
Many gear heads don't get photography at all. They're more interested in the hardware(thinking that alone yields great photography. But usually gearheads are the very ones who are most inept at the art.
Look at what Ansel Adams did with far inferior equipment and post processing techniques.
Glad you get it!

I get where you're coming from. Years ago I was very into photography, I had SLR cameras and lots of other equipment. I started off with a manual focus SLR, I had to set my own shutter speed and fstop . I learned a lot with that first camera, framing, judging the scene, and how different settings change the picture. I learned how to shoot into the sun and that flash isn't just for night time shots, things that most people would never think of doing with a camera phone.
I also had a small dark room and use to develop my own black and white pictures. Photography is an art, no matter what camera you use the final photo depends on the user.
Unfortunately all my equipment got stolen and after that I didn't have the heart to build it up again. :(

Reactions: Nauju and domotang
I've been following this thread awhile now. With regards to the subject, it's not something I would risk doing, a complete removal. However I can see the potential benefits of fitting a third party replacement.

With regards to the antics in this thread. Mature please people. Some of the comments in here have been so child like. I hate coming to a technical forum like this and see comments which read like my 4yr old wrote them.
Some of you make some valid points but the way you deliver them is poor. The OP was offering a potential tip. There was no need for people to start ripping in to him. He has nothing to prove to anyone with respect his experience in the industry. However on the flip side the OP did not do himself any favours by exclaiming great results without having posted before and after photos. But still, everyone chill out. Were all here for the same purpose. Stop mud flinging.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

domotang

Apr 2, 2008
Some of you seem to be interested of the potential of the M8 as a photographic tool (and not just a snap shooter). The following were taken with with the M7 or M8. Enjoy!
a9uzy6y9.jpg

ta4u2uty.jpg

uqu8uvub.jpg

ybubaqeh.jpg

4yqunuqy.jpg

na7e2y9u.jpg

azehepur.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How about we post respectfully like adults. Posting like children will get this thread locked.
    The following is a photo from my wife's M8 WITH the lens cover(freshly cleaned) ;
    7aty7era.jpg

And this is my M8 without the lens cover;
    vu2a6a4e.jpg

do you have the original ?

lol ok

Texas State Parks bought these from me. Both shot with the M8.
    ru4a7evu.jpg

namyna2u.jpg

Some of you seem to be interested of the potential of the M8 as a photographic tool (and not just a snap shooter). The following were taken with with the M7 or M8. Enjoy!
    a9uzy6y9.jpg

ta4u2uty.jpg

uqu8uvub.jpg

ybubaqeh.jpg

4yqunuqy.jpg

na7e2y9u.jpg

azehepur.jpg

A few examples of shots easily accomplished by the M7 and M8
    uty8a7ar.jpg

u4ezyty8.jpg

anava8ah.jpg