Looked everywhere, going nuts, can't get into home screen

Search This thread

BradFazner

May 31, 2014
hey guys, bought firetv a while ago in usa, worked perfectly, was a prime member so it came all setup for me. moved to canada, screen popped up:enter your existing PIN set for amazon instant video. i try what i think it is, like 00000 or 12345, doesn't work AND the error is A connection to the internet could not be established. Please try again later. got a new modem/router when i got internet here in canada, then switched to my original router from usa, still has the same problem.

i mostly use it as a media streamer using plex, i don't expect to get amazon instant video, but i can't even get past this screen.

thanks a ton!!

Newcron

Sep 13, 2010
Did you try contacting Amazon support? They're usually very responsive.

Also, look up a way to remove the FireTV from your account so it can be reinitialized. It's probably confused because of the country change. You should find this from your Amazon account on the web.

BradFazner

May 31, 2014
Couldn't find the number!
Did you try contacting Amazon support? They're usually very responsive.

Also, look up a way to remove the FireTV from your account so it can be reinitialized. It's probably confused because of the country change. You should find this from your Amazon account on the web.

Newcron

Sep 13, 2010
Couldn't find the number!

From the Amazon homepage, all the way down to the right there's a link for 'Help'. Click on that and just follow the instruction. There's a bunch of options and one of the options is 'Call Us'. The last time I had to contact Amazon support I didn't find a phone number either, but after following the instruction I had the option for them calling me. They called me within 2 minutes!

BradFazner

May 31, 2014
AHA! figured it out. plugged in ethernet cable, so internet works without having to log into my wifi, then code works one time out of a bunch of tries, then it still wants me to put in that code again for some reason at random times, so i factory reset it, and unplugged the internet, started and it prompted me to join a wifi connection. now it works great, but i took off the parental controls so it wouldn't ask me for my pin (i had fyi changed my pin to 00000 but it only worked every once in a while). thanks for the help guys