[Kernel] [.38.8] intersectRaven's Kernel (AVS/CAVS)01/08/2011 22:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

apacheo

Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
Read back a few pages. :p

Completely missed that, even though I've been following the thread.. it moves quickly sometimes :)

I spoke too quickly about the 800mv kernel though... a bit unstable on my N1. Reverted to the 900mv kernel for now and we'll see how the savings go there :)

Need stability, as its kind of hard to flash different kernels without a laptop handy :)

EDIT: Given that I'm home all day today I might play with the 825 and 850 and see whether they are stable.

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Completely missed that, even though I've been following the thread.. it moves quickly sometimes :)

I spoke too quickly about the 800mv kernel though... a bit unstable on my N1. Reverted to the 900mv kernel for now and we'll see how the savings go there :)

Need stability, as its kind of hard to flash different kernels without a laptop handy :)

EDIT: Given that I'm home all day today I might play with the 825 and 850 and see whether they are stable.

I know. Just last night 2 pages were added to the thread while I was sleeping. :p

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
I've flashed without wiping the battery stats or cache for 850 and it's working well. Just flashed 800 and seems to be fine so far too. Will report back if it's working well. I've the same HBOOT as you, intersectRaven (if it makes any diff).

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Yea i know, but I meant, is there anyway to limit the voltage when the CPU is at 998? :D Instead of having it at 1.25, would it be possible to limit it to say, 1100 or maybe even 1000?

Uhmm...no? Well, there is but that wouldn't be wise since AVS tries to follow the inner whining of the CPU as to how much juice it wants. If you lower the maximum voltage to that (fyi, current maximum is 1275mV) I'm pretty sure your processor will throw a really bad tantrum. :p

I've flashed without wiping the battery stats or cache for 850 and it's working well. Just flashed 800 and seems to be fine so far too. Will report back if it's working well. I've the same HBOOT as you, intersectRaven (if it makes any diff).

Good for you! I don't think there are people with different HBOOT as ours though since I think that's the standard release version and it isn't flashable (I think...). :D

exelinguy

Mar 13, 2010
I am running stable on 800 but realized that every now and then my phone was rebooting when I used power governor. Perhaps the Desire UI requires more power when it sleeps. The phone is perfectly stable when awake.

I will try the 850 kernel to see if it still keeps rebooting while power governor is on.

veescript

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
i'm running the 800mV AVS fine for now, i'll update if I'll have some problems...
i have the stable cyanogen mod rom

Edit 1: the wifi works after doing the trick
Edit 2: Done a Short Bench on SetCPU --> 280ms average
Edit 3: Doing now a stress test to see if the 800mV kernel is good or not... i will tell you later
Edit 4: The stress test was successfull! NO ERRORS...now i will stress it my self :p

Last edited:

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
i'm running the 800mV AVS fine for now, i'll update if I'll have some problems...
i have the stable cyanogen mod rom

Edit 1: the wifi works after doing the trick
Edit 2: Done a Short Bench on SetCPU --> 280ms average
Edit 3: Doing now a stress test to see if the 800mV kernel is good or not... i will tell you later
Edit 4: The stress test was successfull! NO ERRORS...now i will stress it my self :p

Good luck! Post again if you're one of the lucky ones! :D

800 is ROCK SOLID for me, might you pm me (or post if you don't care) a 775 version?

I think 800mV is the lowest that the regulator supports if I'm not mistaken. :)

veescript

Dec 28, 2008
I had just now the first reboot....hope it will be the first and the last one..

hmmm...second reboot....the nexus reboot itself when it's locked OMG!

Last edited:

veescript

Dec 28, 2008
it is normal that reboots only when it is locked ? because it has not rebooted when i was using it....then i'm now trying the 825mV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AVS Kernels updated. :)
    AVS Kernels released! :)
    dropped from 100% to 78% in 24h its pretty impressive... :eek:

bty, what is "NETWORK TUNING" :confused:

From previous replied i found only enable the script by option 1 then 6 to save. what else I should do?

I don't have SS4N1 in front of me, I will take you through some settings from my head alone, so please excuse me if some info may be off. You're a smart guy, you'll figure it.
    So; You've flashed the CAVS kernel and SS4N1. Reboot, start Terminal Emulator.
    Type

su
    sscfg

Look for the Load presets menu option. Go there, load a preset. I started with Moderate. Go back to main menu. Press 2 to display current settings, then press 1. It will show you the current preset. All features will have 1 if enabled. SS4N1 should have the 1 flag as well, meaning it's enabled.
    From there, I press Enter to go back to main menu. In main menu I press 4 to customize settings. Press 1 to Enable/Disable features. I disable the Dewonkifier and Network tuning.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    I enter 2 to customize the AWAKE mode.
    Press 1 to customize the power governor. It will ask you for the governor you want when AWAKE, I enter 3 if I recall correctly, that's on-demand. Interactive is also very good, even more responsive but eats the battery faster. I go with On-demand, it's very good for me.
    It will then ask you for the Min-Max operating frequencies when the phone is AWAKE. I go with the stock, 128000 for min, 998400 for max.
    It will ask you for the Up-threshold, I enter 90 so the CPU will wait on the lower frequency until it's used 90% before ramping to a higher frequency. Good for battery and trust me, the phone is snappy.
    Press Enter and you will be back to customize the AWAKE mode. I choose the 2nd option, UV Min-Max when AWAKE. For me, I've noticed my phone would consume the battery faster if undervolted. So, I press 2 to configure the UV when AWAKE. I set Min @ 0, Max @ 0. When done, it will show you the tweaked voltage table.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    Press 3 to customize the SLEEP mode.
    Choose 1 and change the SLEEP Power governor to Conservative.
    Min freq 128000
    Max freq 384000
    Up-threshold: 98
    I go back to configure the SLEEP mode, choose the 2nd option to change UV options, I again choose Min and Max 0.
    I go back to the main menu, press 5 to save settings to SD card using the 1 option.
    I go back to main menu and finally Apply the settings.
    Exit Terminal, the settings apply on the fly, but I reboot for good measure.
    Have fun!

PS. I was using SetCPU before SS4N1, I now have SetCPU but it's not enabled (no set on boot ticked), no profiles defined. i do all the tweaking from SS4N1, I just monitor with SetCPU. Why use SetCPU when thanks to fine users here we can enjoy a great kernel and a great GUI to configure it? BTW, thanks ch33kybutt for SS4N1 and IR for the kernel!
    I have the same questions, I just haven't searched thru the old posts yet.

Noboost, cfs, wififast or advantages of AVS vs CAVS?

NoBoost -> restored the volume levels of stock kernel
    CFS -> ignore since I only release CFS nowadays
    WiFiFast -> make WiFi stay awake while display is off; useful for WiFi calling app
    AVS -> voltage settings are set at known stable (majority) levels
    CAVS -> voltage settings are set same as undervolted SVS kernels (like CM) but can be altered using script or through terminal
    Fixed kernels are up. :)