[Q] HELP!!! How to root Android 4.0.4 dual sim chinese tablet with one click?

Search This thread

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Hi all and hope your okay,

I have an android 4.0.4 dual sim chinese tablet that i would like to root. I would like to know if there is a working one click root android app or a pc software that would root this device of mine? I have tried a few one click root programs but without success and some are still under development and some yet dont support root of android version 4.0.4 yet. Does anyone know of any working one click root methods for android 4.0.4? Thanks for any help. Take good care.

my tablet information:

Latest dual sim 7" HD Tablet Phone (Phablet) with MTK6575 cpu

Operating System: Android 4.0.4
Model: MID
Kernel Version: 3.0.13
Build Number: ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2

Last edited:

femmy4us

May 6, 2008
Re root your dual phone

I have the same device.i did root it but i am not good in writing details of how to do it.i can forward the procedure to you if you can leave your e mail.this is on condition thatyou will write the details on how to do it on this website so that others that are facing this type of your issue will be able to solve it using ths procedure

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Thank you my freind, I promise to write up the whole root procedure.

I have the same device.i did root it but i am not good in writing details of how to do it.i can forward the procedure to you if you can leave your e mail.this is on condition thatyou will write the details on how to do it on this website so that others that are facing this type of your issue will be able to solve it using ths procedure

Thank you very much femmy4us my freind, you are a life saver. My email address is : i_coolguy_20uk_i@yahoo.com . I promise to write up the whole procedure for others so long as i can do it and understand it myself, p.s i hope its a one click solution.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012

hope you can post a solution soon my freind.

femmy4us

May 6, 2008
Alps,ics.mp.v2.2

Files and instruction already e-mailed to the above e-mail address. Once again i take no credit for it

Reactions: alz_uk

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
MTK6575 Android 4.0.4 build: APLS.ICS.MP.V2.2 Now successfully ROOTED

Files and instruction already e-mailed to the above e-mail address. Once again i take no credit for it

I cant thank you enough my freind, this guy femmy4us is a superstar a truely considerate helping genuine kind person. Now the Dual sim MTK6575 Android 4.0.4 tablet phone with the build number: Alps.ics.mp.v2.2 can now be successfully ROOTED. I will post detailed info. on how to root this device in a moment, NOTE: this method well may work with other Android 4.0.4 devices but has not yet been tested. Please inform us all if this trick works for your device and state the device and its build number etc.

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
MTK6575 Android 4.0.4 build: ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2 OneClick ROOT Method

This is a modified Haipai I9220 root method used to ROOT the MTK6575 Dual Sim Android 4.0.4 chinese tablet phone with build number ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2.

NOTE: This method may well work for other Android 4.0.4 devices but has not been tested.

This is a ONE CLICK root method but needs setting up before use.

Before using this method please make sure you have your usb cable driver installed and working! (search the net for MTK65xx usb driver on google if you dont have it already)

First of all Download the attachement file Android 4.0.4 mtk6575 Alps.ICS.MP.V2.2 ROOT.rar and extract it to you system using winrar. Then

1. Go to your device settings and turn OFF usb debugging and connect the device to the pc using the cable and select "Turn on Usb Storage" on your device when the prompt appears.
2. Now your internal memory and sd card should be mounted on your computer as drives e.g F:\ and G:\ so you should be able to access your devices internal memory and sd card as drives in my computer or windows explorer, go to your devices internal memory drive on widows explorer (NOT THE SD CARD DRIVE) e.g the first of the two drives and
3. Locate a folder called ‘ data’ (if its not already there create it) and open it
4. Create a new folder inside 'data' folder and name it “local” . Remember it is without apostrophy
5. Open the local folder created and create another folder inside the local folder. Name this folder “tmp”
6. Open ‘Root- without- unlock- folder’ (It is in the file that you downloaded and extracted to your hard drive) and copy both “su.file” and ‘superuser.apk’ files to ‘tmp’ folder you created on your devices mounted internal memory drive.
7. Now turn off usb storage on your device and unplug your device
8. Go to settings, developer options, make sure usb debugging is checked this time (ON)
9. Plug in your device again (it may also be wise to enable "stay awake" option in developer options so your screen wont switch off and you will be able to see whats happening on your device).
10. Open Root haipai I9220 folder. (It is in the file that you downloaded and extracted to your system)
11. Double click root.bat and carefully follow the on screen instruction
12. After it is completely done and your device is rebooted for the 3rd time, there will be a prompt to allow superuser installation on your device because the option will come up on your device after restart, choose accept or allow and thats it your device is fully rooted!

To make sure your device is rooted you should now see a new app called superuser in your device.

NOTE: Make sure you dont unplug the cable halfway during the root process or you may brick your device!!!!

All thanks and credits go to the original developers of the programs and to femmy4us for bringing it to us and sharing it with us.

ENJOY!.

Last edited:
Reactions: neodexter

mohammad.nomaan

Nov 11, 2012
Manama
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Android MTK 6577

Hi,

I have a chinese Android dual sim mobile, HDC i9300 MTK 6577 Android 4.0.4.

Will this rooting software and procedure work on it as well.
Also, as l am new to the Android usage, how do l upgrade the phone to 4.1

Please advise

thanks

This is a modified Haipai I9220 root method used to ROOT the MTK6575 Dual Sim Android 4.0.4 chinese tablet phone with build number ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2.

NOTE: This method may well work for other Android 4.0.4 devices but has not been tested.

Before using this method please make sure you have your usb cable driver installed and working! (search the net for MTK65xx usb driver on google if you dont have it already)

First of all Download the attachement file Android 4.0.4 mtk6575 Alps.ICS.MP.V2.2 ROOT.rar and extract it to you system using winrar. Then

1. Go to settings and turn OFF usb debugging and connect the device to the pc using the cable and select "Turn on Usb Storage" on your device when the prompt appears.
2. Now your internal memory and sd card should be mounted on your computer as drives e.g F:\ and G:\ so you should be able to access your devices internal memory and sd card as drives in my computer or windows explorer, go to your devices internal memory drive on widows explorer (NOT THE SD CARD DRIVE) e.g the first of the two drives and
3. Locate a folder called ‘ data’ and open it
4. Create a new folder inside 'data' folder and name it “local” . Remember it is without apostrophy
5. Open the local folder created and create another folder inside the local folder. Name this folder “tmp”
6. Open ‘Root- without- unlock- folder’ (It is in the file that you downloaded and extracted to your hard drive) and copy both “su.file” and ‘superuser.apk’ files to ‘tmp’ folder you created on your devices mounted internal memory drive.
8. Go to settings, developer options, make sure usb debugging is checked this time (ON)
9. Plug in your device again (it may also be wise to enable "stay awake" option in developer options so your screen wont switch off and you will be able to see whats happening on your device.
10. Open Root haipai I9220 folder. (It is in the file that you downloaded and extracted to your system)
12. After it is completely done and your device is rebooted for the 3rd time, there will be a prompt to allow superuser installation on your device because the option will come up on your device after restart, choose accept or allow and thats it your device is fully rooted!

To make sure your device is rooted you should now see a new app called superuser in your device.

NOTE: Make sure you dont unplug the cable halfway during the root process or you may brick your device!!!!

All thanks and credits go to the original developers of the programs and to femmy4us for bringing it to us and sharing it with us.

ENJOY!.

Reactions: kholil

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Hi,

Please advise

thanks

Hello,

It may well work for you too. You wont find out until youve tried it and i dont think it will brick your phone. OR you could try this link made for your model:
http://colonelzap.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/hdc-galaxy-s3-i9300-rooting-and-play.html

What is the build number of your dual sim phone? is it the same as alps.ics.mp.v2.2?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

hassbany18

Feb 8, 2012
root for HY731

Hi there..i watch above post about root for 4.0.4..so i have a Hyundai 7" tablet that model name is HY731..it have 4.0.4 version ..so please tell me can i root is successfully and without problem..yes or no?if yes,how??!!..Thanks guys

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
Hi there..i watch above post about root for 4.0.4..so i have a Hyundai 7" tablet that model name is HY731..it have 4.0.4 version ..so please tell me can i root is successfully and without problem..yes or no?if yes,how??!!..Thanks guys

What is the build number of your tablet? You can got to "settings" in you device and "about tablet" and find out the build number from there.

Reactions: hassbany18

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
the build number : hy731.20120926
the kernel version : 3.0.8

It's been confirmed working only on the build number ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2. I havent heard from anyone else reporting its worked for them or it hasent worked for them on their device so you may well go ahead and give it a shot it may work for you aswell since its Android 4.0.4 with the same file structure.

If you do go ahead and give it a shot do please remember to give us feedback and make sure you follow the instructions carefully!

Last edited:
Reactions: hassbany18

ayonbaxter

Nov 12, 2012
George Town
V1277 or V12 or Starlight Dou Chinese Dual SIM Phone

I have this lovely Dual SIM Chinese phone which I would like to root for several reasons. I am told by a Chinese correspondent that it uses either the MTK6575 or the MTK6577. The build is E1911_V77_BAOL_G20_20120813. I suspect from the build that it is the MTK6577. I am having an issue with Play Store only showing free Apps and I would like to fix that. Also, I would like to fix the red underline (incorrect) English words that is showing while I am using the android keyboard.

Do you know of any specific Root script that will work with this?
And in you instructions you mentioned the folder /data, however, on this phone that folder is a sub folder of Android folder. i.e. android/data. Will I need to rewrite the runme.bat to reflect this path or make a folder /data?

Thanks
P.S. The phone is called the V75 or V1277 or the Starlight Duo on this website Lightinthebox.com

1. Go to your device settings and turn OFF usb debugging and connect the device to the pc using the cable and select "Turn on Usb Storage" on your device when the prompt appears.
9. Plug in your device again (it may also be wise to enable "stay awake" option in developer options so your screen wont switch off and you will be able to see whats happening on your device).

ENJOY!.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwraggcan

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
I have this lovely Dual SIM Chinese phone which I would like to root for several reasons. I am told by a Chinese correspondent that it uses either the MTK6575 or the MTK6577. The build is E1911_V77_BAOL_G20_20120813. I suspect from the build that it is the MTK6577. I am having an issue with Play Store only showing free Apps and I would like to fix that. Also, I would like to fix the red underline (incorrect) English words that is showing while I am using the android keyboard.

Do you know of any specific Root script that will work with this?
And in you instructions you mentioned the folder /data, however, on this phone that folder is a sub folder of Android folder. i.e. android/data. Will I need to rewrite the runme.bat to reflect this path or make a folder /data?

Thanks
P.S. The phone is called the V75 or V1277 or the Starlight Duo on this website Lightinthebox.com

I couldnt find any information on your tablet my freind, Is your android device android 4.0.4? You you may well try what you are saying and it may work. Personally i am only a messenger passing on the information and dont know anything about android programming.

It looks like this method will root most android 4.0.4 tablets with the same file structure.

ayonbaxter

Nov 12, 2012
George Town
Re:V1277 or V12 or Starlight Dou Chinese Dual SIM Phone

I couldnt find any information on your tablet my freind, Is your android device android 4.0.4? You you may well try what you are saying and it may work. Personally i am only a messenger passing on the information and dont know anything about android programming.

It looks like this method will root most android 4.0.4 tablets with the same file structure.

It is really a phone although I don't think that makes any difference. Yes is it is an Android 4.04 phone.

Thanks

alz_uk

Oct 3, 2012
I've just rooted yet another android 4.0.4 phone with this technique. Remember if there isnt a folder called data on your phones internal memory then creat it and follow the instructions in the first page of this post and you should be okay.

SEGA_1986

Nov 14, 2012
Hi all, who know, where to get the firmware on my phone GT-I9220?

Hi all, who know, where to get the firmware on my phone GT-I9220?

Model: GT-I9220 5-inch MTK6575
Kernel Version: 3.0.13
Build Number: ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2
Custom build version: L207.MTK6515.2012_09_10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re root your dual phone

Alps,ics.mp.v2.2

MTK6575 Android 4.0.4 build: ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2 OneClick ROOT Method

3. Locate a folder called ‘ data’ (if its not already there create it) and open it

ENJOY!.
    Android MTK 6577

Hi,

Please advise

thanks

1. Go to settings and turn OFF usb debugging and connect the device to the pc using the cable and select "Turn on Usb Storage" on your device when the prompt appears.
    9. Plug in your device again (it may also be wise to enable "stay awake" option in developer options so your screen wont switch off and you will be able to see whats happening on your device.

ENJOY!.

What is the build number of your tablet? You can got to "settings" in you device and "about tablet" and find out the build number from there.