Clarivue HD GLASS Screen Protector

Search This thread

TheBDub

Jun 9, 2008
Corvallis, OR
Wow, I wish I would have found this before I ordered my voyager 2, this looks nice. Update us when you get it and install it!

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tapatalk 2

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I use clairvue screen protectors on all my phones, but I'd love to know how the glass ones perform. Really though, what's the advantage if a glass screen protector over the standard ones? I have no issues with the smoothness or the spen on the regular ones.

Sent from my iPad 4th gen using Tapatalk 2

INCREMENTAL

Nov 4, 2012
I use clairvue screen protectors on all my phones, but I'd love to know how the glass ones perform. Really though, what's the advantage if a glass screen protector over the standard ones? I have no issues with the smoothness or the spen on the regular ones.

Sent from my iPad 4th gen using Tapatalk 2

I ordered the glasszone one because of the color options was the main reason but the glass ones are suppose to be way stronger, no scratches and don't show much fingerprints but really its just personal preference.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

PrinceCaspien

Jul 8, 2008
I ordered the glasszone one because of the color options was the main reason but the glass ones are suppose to be way stronger, no scratches and don't show much fingerprints but really its just personal preference.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

glasszone glass sp is not a good sp as it is not 100% clear......there will be lots of lines....

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
I was going to order one but the website seems to be down. Oh well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Have yet to receive the screen protector, and based off their website I believe this promo is apart of a pre-order. As soon as I receive it I will let you guys know, and include a review.

I'm not sure it's part of a pre-order because I checked on my order on their website and it's already changed to "shipped". Pretty fast considering I ordered it a few hours ago!

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
I bought products from Clarivue for years but this last time I bought screens for the HTC DNA. I ended up selling the DNA while the screens were shipping and instead wanted to get Note 2 screens and was even willing to pay all the shipping etc.., but they also wanted me to pay a restocking fee on the DNA screens....even though they had never even been opened!!! The stupid fee along with all the shipping made it easier/cheaper to just order the Note 2 screens and throw the DNA ones away. Needless to say I will never do business with them again and I'd been loyal since my Nexus One days.

It was like 3 or 5 bucks and for a loyal customer of years they wouldn't waive it for me. I would have bought these glass protectors in a heartbeat if not for this...I almost bought them anyway... but stayed strong in the end. :)

Anyway I hope you guys enjoy them I'm sure they are nice screens. They make nice products but when I needed good customer service it wasn't there.

simbany1

Oct 27, 2010
Any updates/reviews on this. Post seemed to have just stopped. Interested in getting an idea on how the Clarivue HD is working on for whoever has it. Bought the MIME, but I feel like sensitivity was affected when typing. It didn't register the keys all the time. Contacted MIME and they send to send it back for an exchange or refund. Put one of my extra iSmooth sp's back on and I'm happy for now. Just curious about the Clarivue.

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Any updates/reviews on this. Post seemed to have just stopped. Interested in getting an idea on how the Clarivue HD is working on for whoever has it. Bought the MIME, but I feel like sensitivity was affected when typing. It didn't register the keys all the time. Contacted MIME and they send to send it back for an exchange or refund. Put one of my extra iSmooth sp's back on and I'm happy for now. Just curious about the Clarivue.

Been using mine for around a week and a half now. Seems fine. I think once or twice I might have hit a key and it didn't register but not sure that was down to the protector. Haven't noticed anything else to be honest. Works perfectly for me :)

Reactions: simbany1

ksoze

Jul 20, 2007
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sony Xperia 1 IV

I'm pretty pleased with mine - I didn't realize they included a sealed wet-wipe (supposedly anti-static and anti-dust formulated), so I ended up with dust particles after I wiped the bare surface down with a Microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol. Since I figured I had nothing to lose - as I had an obscene number of dust particles under the glass, I decided to pry it out again and wash it using liquid hand soap and water.

Basically I ended up applying it like a Zagg protector using 99% Alcohol in a spray bottle as a liquid base to a) reduce dust particles and prevent water spots, b) shift the Clairvue into position. I ended up with a pretty decent job - there is only one tiny dust particle - small enough that it isn't visible unless you pull up a white background. There is no air bubble surrounding it and it only showed up a week after the initial application.

My friends who also purchased the same protector applied it successfully without the issues - as they were forewarned by me about the wipe, so I guess the wipe really does help in the installation.

They also included 4 plastic buttons for the home button - to make it easier to press the button down - it came in White, Black, Blue and Grey. The issue with these buttons is that they seem like they're for the S3 and not the Note. It still works but its definitely not the proper shape of the Note II button.

There may be a small loss of sensitivity (maybe 1%?) - but I'm not 100% certain as really hard to tell if its the app or the phone. S-Pen functions fine. The glass is really, really smooth compared to plastic ones - well worth the extra cost. Also resists oils very well - requires fewer wipe downs compared to the plastic ones.

I would definitely buy again - and I'm only including what I went through to apply it since I failed to install it correctly - yet it is recoverable and not all is lost. The adhesive layer is strong enough for some washing. I probably wouldn't pry it out now though as the adhesive has probably cured a little bit. I don't believe it's supposed to be reusable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Couple questions:
    1) Does it stick firmly all the way around the edges?
    2) How much of a gap is there at the edges?
    3) If you have a white background, say on a webpage, can you see any discoloration? Almost like colored pixels? Some SP's do this.

I appreciate your review thus far!

Sorry for the delay.

1) For my personal one, I do notice a small pocket of air along the edges. They range from 0.5 mm 1mm in size. I'm not sure if it was because I had pried it back out again so many times or not - you don't really notice it as the screen protector extends past the AMOLED screen and these air pockets are outside of the screen area. The only areas where it shows a pocket is to the sides. My previous eBay plastic screen protector did this as well. I do not believe it is possible to get it 100% flat, unless they cut the glass to cover a smaller portion of the screen. I believe the very edge of the screen is curved by Samsung, so it really may not be their fault.

2) They cut the glass very well - there is a 3mm gap left from the edge of the phone to the glass surface. The glass screen protector extends past the screen 0.75mm on the left and right sides. There is about 1.5mm clearance in the home button area and speaker grille and front facing camera. There is a larger gap on closest to the top and bottom edges of the phone.

3) There is no discolouration at all - it looks like a very clean ultra clear plastic screen protector until you touch the edge of the screen protector. That's when you notice the thickness of the glass. It does resist grease better than the plastic variety, so it stays optically clear longer. There is no Anti-glare effect, and it does unfortunately reflect the light very well as well. It behaves and looks like the bare gorilla glass.

When I have a white background, it looks fantastic - no defects or discolouration - until you find a dust particle or oil smear. I have 1 dust particle that is only visible in a white background and it looks like a hot pixel, so I will most likely leave it as is.

Having used a glass protector now, I cannot see myself going back to the regular ones again. Aside from the extra protection, the glass makes cleaning the screen much easier. I find that the oils and fingerprints tend to smear all over the plastic ones unless you use some kind of liquid or alcohol solution first. For the glass, a simple wipe will easily clean the screen.
    Link here

$39.99 MSRP use code 'glass' for 25% off ($29.99)

Let me know what you guys think, I am pretty tempted to give it a try... oil and fingerprint resistant.

(after it's in the cart it automatically deducts the 25%)
    Any chance you could post some pictures?

Here's mine on my phone.
    Just got mine in. Tried to install it their way and i had all kinds of bubbles. So i took it back off, sprayed a spritz of alcohol on the back side, laid it back down, and slowly worked out most of the alcohol. Then I took a blow dryer to it. Worked out WONDERFULLY. Just be careful if you try to do it that way... that thing will slide around on you like crazy until you get the alcohol out.

I'm pretty pleased with mine - I didn't realize they included a sealed wet-wipe (supposedly anti-static and anti-dust formulated), so I ended up with dust particles after I wiped the bare surface down with a Microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol. Since I figured I had nothing to lose - as I had an obscene number of dust particles under the glass, I decided to pry it out again and wash it using liquid hand soap and water.

Basically I ended up applying it like a Zagg protector using 99% Alcohol in a spray bottle as a liquid base to a) reduce dust particles and prevent water spots, b) shift the Clairvue into position. I ended up with a pretty decent job - there is only one tiny dust particle - small enough that it isn't visible unless you pull up a white background. There is no air bubble surrounding it and it only showed up a week after the initial application.

My friends who also purchased the same protector applied it successfully without the issues - as they were forewarned by me about the wipe, so I guess the wipe really does help in the installation.

They also included 4 plastic buttons for the home button - to make it easier to press the button down - it came in White, Black, Blue and Grey. The issue with these buttons is that they seem like they're for the S3 and not the Note. It still works but its definitely not the proper shape of the Note II button.

There may be a small loss of sensitivity (maybe 1%?) - but I'm not 100% certain as really hard to tell if its the app or the phone. S-Pen functions fine. The glass is really, really smooth compared to plastic ones - well worth the extra cost. Also resists oils very well - requires fewer wipe downs compared to the plastic ones.

I would definitely buy again - and I'm only including what I went through to apply it since I failed to install it correctly - yet it is recoverable and not all is lost. The adhesive layer is strong enough for some washing. I probably wouldn't pry it out now though as the adhesive has probably cured a little bit. I don't believe it's supposed to be reusable.