3.5mm audio adapter for HTC now available!!!

Search This thread

Blueangel180

Dec 5, 2008
My friend from delhi has it on his old gene,its of a chinese make and cost 1.1 k,drivers came with it on a mini-cd.but the shop he bought it from closed down :|

Surfing speed is good and it detected most wi-fi networks,it also came with 256mb built in storage,is anyone else using this kind of SDIO wi-fi or GPS card?let me know

karan999

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2008
My friend from delhi has it on his old gene,its of a chinese make and cost 1.1 k,drivers came with it on a mini-cd.but the shop he bought it from closed down :|

Surfing speed is good and it detected most wi-fi networks,it also came with 256mb built in storage,is anyone else using this kind of SDIO wi-fi or GPS card?let me know

Sure...will let u know :)

Using BesFen's Manila 2D WM 6.5 21815(NEW KITCHEN) for new gene.
With an Kingston 8GB SDHC Storage card.:cool::cool::cool:

My previous rom(using alternately too;))
Thanks to Sumit for his Sumit's VanillaManila Ultimate ROM v3.1.1 (build 21046)

Links to my best enjoyed cabs on gene :
Rapidshare link :
http://rapidshare.com/files/24773697..._Cabs.rar.html

Megaupload link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6D4JEJW

nimish_fun

Jul 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hey Karan,

Thanks man for this info...i cant tell you from how long i have been searching this in Pune and Bangalore..but coudnt find till date..i will definately go to MG road this weekend...and will boother u again (sorry bout tht :D) if i dont get one in Digial One.

Thanks again.

karan999

Dec 3, 2008
Hey Karan,

Thanks man for this info...i cant tell you from how long i have been searching this in Pune and Bangalore..but coudnt find till date..i will definately go to MG road this weekend...and will boother u again (sorry bout tht :D) if i dont get one in Digial One.

Thanks again.

great!!!...also try for YC A200 multiconnector.i have described it in my thread.do read.ur not bothering me.:p its okkkkk.its my responsibility to reply. :)

i got the same for Rs 150 only (3 USD):cool:

hmmm..cool.i did say,prices may vary from places to places.

Using BesFen's Manila 2D WM 6.5 21815 ROM(NEW KITCHEN) for new gene.
With an Kingston 8GB SDHC Storage card.:cool::cool::cool:

Rapidshare link :

Megaupload link:

nimish_fun

Jul 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thanks karan999.

I will try for YC A200 multiconnector as well.
I have asked about the screen guard also, if you have come across some good quality stuff then please let me know :)

karan999

Dec 3, 2008
Thanks karan999.

I will try for YC A200 multiconnector as well.
I have asked about the screen guard also, if you have come across some good quality stuff then please let me know :)

sorry for late reply.actually the thread is shifted from the GENE section.never mind.well,the screen guard(original HTC) will cost u about Rs.500 or Rs.600.it absolutely depends where u stay.the price may vary.i did enquire and confirm RT outsourcing(htc service center in pune) about the price.they told me flat Rs.570.u may visit some of the local dealers for a cheap one.but original or no,i cant garruntee u that.

Using BesFen's Manila 2D WM 6.5 21815 ROM(NEW KITCHEN) for new gene.
With an Kingston 16GB SDHC Storage card.:cool::cool::cool:

Rapidshare link :

Megaupload link:

karan999

Dec 3, 2008

nimish_fun

Jul 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thanks Mate!!

@Karan: Didnt reply coz cudnt go to Digital One in MG Road this weeekend.. You know how its been raining in Pune :D
But thanks for the info, i now know what to expect, where and for how much. I will share myy experience with multiconnector for earphone once i buy that.
Also i have asked a query HERECan you please look and see if you have some info to share with me. Till now i havent got any response.

Thanks again!!

karan999

Dec 3, 2008
Definitely there is a solution.

@Karan: Didnt reply coz cudnt go to Digital One in MG Road this weeekend.. You know how its been raining in Pune :D
But thanks for the info, i now know what to expect, where and for how much. I will share myy experience with multiconnecter for earphone once i buy that.
Also i have asked a query HERECan you please look and see if you have some info to share with me. Till now i have'nt got any response.

Thanks again!!
Hi Nimish:),
are u a new gene/old gene user?
is your pda in warranty?

if your pda is in warranty don't worry.this is not a software problem.u need to get your device checked at RT outsourcing(HTC service center).the new office is opened in camp itself.they wont charge u anything.i feel that there maybe some water spilled on the gene circuit.get it cleaned up.
as far as syncing is concerned,try to use opal USB to PC to sync your device as a pen drive.this helps in faster data transfer.

To flash your gene you definitely need active sync.opal's USB to PC wont work here.to flash your gene via SD card read the posts here.

To connect your pda via bluetooth to your PC.read charge1313's post.

Currently using : BesFen's Manila 2D WM 6.5 21815 ROM

Alternately using : Sumit's VanillaManila Ultimate ROM v3.1.1 (build 21046)

Rom upgrading is not easy.please be careful.
[GUIDE] Step by Step Guide for Upgrading P3400 and P3400i ROM + FAQs

:) 3.5mm audio converter for HTC. :) Storage card information for HTC GENE users.

nimish_fun

Jul 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi Nimish:),
are u a new gene/old gene user?
To connect your pda via bluetooth to your PC.read

Hi Karan!!
Sorry for the late reply :D
No i dont have warranty period left on my Mobile. I guess i will have to show my gene to a service centre after all...coz as of now i cant connect it to my PC...and there are no proper tutorial for flashing through SD card.
I have already checked the link you provided...though informative it dosent tell us how to unlock (if that is possible) through SD card.
Since this is my first time i dont want to take any chances...and guess will go at it after geting my USB slot repaired.
Will check at RT Outsourcing in Pune.
BTW is this also in Camp??
Thanks.

kooolchief

Mar 1, 2007
Pune
another place in pune

my friend brought his 3.5mm audio adapter.....for 130rs (after bargaining ;) ) few days back

the address is :
Purohit Communications
Shop No.63,old natraj theatre complex,j.m rd,bhosale shindhe arcade,deccan gymkhana,pune

u'll find everything here for htc gene....batterries and body too....

well i never used this adapter....caz i modded my original hands free speakers with sony walkman series speakers :)
and da sound is awesome !!!

will write a tuturial on how to do it....shortly !

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 56

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
Hi Karan!!
Sorry for the late reply :D
No i dont have warranty period left on my Mobile. I guess i will have to show my gene to a service centre after all...coz as of now i cant connect it to my PC...and there are no proper tutorial for flashing through SD card.
I have already checked the link you provided...though informative it dosent tell us how to unlock (if that is possible) through SD card.
Since this is my first time i dont want to take any chances...and guess will go at it after geting my USB slot repaired.
Will check at RT Outsourcing in Pune.
BTW is this also in Camp??
Thanks.

if you disable usb connection from your winmo's activesync, then also u cant connect.

deepv84

Feb 26, 2008
my friend brought his 3.5mm audio adapter.....for 130rs (after bargaining ;) ) few days back

the address is :
Purohit Communications
Shop No.63,old natraj theatre complex,j.m rd,bhosale shindhe arcade,deccan gymkhana,pune

u'll find everything here for htc gene....batterries and body too....

well i never used this adapter....caz i modded my original hands free speakers with sony walkman series speakers :)
and da sound is awesome !!!

will write a tuturial on how to do it....shortly !

i got it but can u modify it with sony's round button (means change orignal call button stuff with sony)

because i like that mor than htc's flat one!!!!!

kooolchief

Mar 1, 2007
Pune
i got it but can u modify it with sony's round button (means change orignal call button stuff with sony)

because i like that mor than htc's flat one!!!!!

yeah u can dat too......but u'll need to solder da htc connector cable to the sony mic pcb....it wud b much easier if u can get da schematics of both da pcb...or a lil experment will do the work !
i'l have to search my external hard drive for da schematics.