Good idea or bad idea? Your thoughts?

Search This thread

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
Hello everybody I am gonna start a project that I'm gonna try make a nexus feel based ROM for our phone for Locked bootloader as I am one!

Do you think this is a good idea? Will you guys help me with good ideas for it? And help solve issue with it?

Thanks
-JPH

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aaron_035

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
Hello everybody I am gonna start a project that I'm gonna try make a nexus feel based ROM for our phone for Locked bootloader as I am one!

Do you think this is a good idea? Will you guys help me with good ideas for it? And help solve issue with it?

Thanks
-JPH

I think the idea is ok, but there are SO many Roms that model off Android / Nexus. What you could do (if you're really good and have a community to help you out) is make a unique rom that uses the same apk format as Android. You can make the interface a lot more creative. For example, Ubuntu Touch has a unqiue way of launching and minimizing apps. You can also have a better settings / tweaking management or maybe try running the latest upstream kernel (Linux 3.14).

Last edited:

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Sounds like a good idea, but the models c6916/users like me need it the most due to the fact we will NEVER EEEVERR EVAAAAA get our bootloader unlocked :(

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
OS porting from Nexus to Sony? I don't know, the OS from Nexus have to be very "magic" to have this idea. What the benefits? What this porting will do what we cannot do on the Original Sony OS? If there is nothing like "WoW" then is not worth it.

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
OS porting from Nexus to Sony? I don't know, the OS from Nexus have to be very "magic" to have this idea. What the benefits? What this porting will do what we cannot do on the Original Sony OS? If there is nothing like "WoW" then is not worth it.

Hello. I mean like stripping sonys android and make nexus look as possible while having sonys customizable settings

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
Ok? Or I could develop a SMART ROM that use smart functions from other roms like smart call handling

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
The launcher is readily available from the Nexus so that's half the battle but afaik if you want to create a rom from the ground up and it's not stock based then wouldn't you need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash it? Idea's a good one but not sure how you would overcome the locked bootloader issue.

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
The launcher is readily available from the Nexus so that's half the battle but afaik if you want to create a rom from the ground up and it's not stock based then wouldn't you need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash it? Idea's a good one but not sure how you would overcome the locked bootloader issue.

What I mean is stripping sonys firmware with there stuff. And trying to add Aosp stuff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks
    -JPH