My NOTE 3 in 2010 mercedes-stream and telephone problems

Search This thread

bob52r

Mar 10, 2013
Miami, Fl
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I have an aux 1/8 stero aux jack in and blue tooth for the telephone

THE PAST
With the note 2 this was a breeze headphone jack from phone out into the mercedes aux in and everything came through the car's audio system.
Easy and good sound for phone and music. without the aux hard wire the car's bluetooth worked well with the telephone calls and notifications

TODAY Note 3
If i use headphone jack out, then sound from apps hard wired into aux works well, but the phone calls will not re-direct thru bluetooth nor pass through the headphone jack out into the mercedes aux in.. this means i cannot hear the phone ring nor make nor hear in coming calls..

Suggested solutions--please
i am not all that tech savy. my current solution for driving alone is headset hard wired to headset. ....i like kilpsch. I have tried playing with the settings and cannot get everything to work as it did with the note 2 in the past.

I tried looking around and did not see a solution posted elsewhere.

enfurno

Apr 13, 2010
www.clickrover.com
I have an aux 1/8 stero aux jack in and blue tooth for the telephone

THE PAST
With the note 2 this was a breeze headphone jack from phone out into the mercedes aux in and everything came through the car's audio system.
Easy and good sound for phone and music. without the aux hard wire the car's bluetooth worked well with the telephone calls and notifications

TODAY Note 3
If i use headphone jack out, then sound from apps hard wired into aux works well, but the phone calls will not re-direct thru bluetooth nor pass through the headphone jack out into the mercedes aux in.. this means i cannot hear the phone ring nor make nor hear in coming calls..

Suggested solutions--please
i am not all that tech savy. my current solution for driving alone is headset hard wired to headset. ....i like kilpsch. I have tried playing with the settings and cannot get everything to work as it did with the note 2 in the past.

I tried looking around and did not see a solution posted elsewhere.

Question, does the bluetooth in your vehicle only manage calls and not all audio coming out of your device? I'd assume not if you are having to hardwire the phone in order to listen to audio. That just seems very odd. I'm not certain that there is even a way to adjust how the phone manages different outputs in this sort of setup, but you might want to have a look at the call answer options when you have the device set up in this fashion. There may in fact be a way to answer the call via bluetooth, I know when I am linked up in my vehicle there are several options when a call comes through, one of them being "headset" I believe, which is bluetooth.

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
I dont have the issue with mine. I have a Nissan Maxima 09.... I can not play through bluetooth, so I go through the audio port as well. I answer my calls while BT is on even when playing music. Only thing I can think about is you have the volume down on one, namely your BT audio. The dang N3 separates an remembers volume on multiple devices. Your car should switch to BT once you get a call though. Your car will get the signal and switch.

Can you test whether or not it works if you have BT headphones or an ear piece? I can use my BT headphones to control the music: play, stop, next prev... while I am listening via the headphone jack. And still answer calls.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Question, does the bluetooth in your vehicle only manage calls and not all audio coming out of your device? I'd assume not if you are having to hardwire the phone in order to listen to audio. That just seems very odd. I'm not certain that there is even a way to adjust how the phone manages different outputs in this sort of setup, but you might want to have a look at the call answer options when you have the device set up in this fashion. There may in fact be a way to answer the call via bluetooth, I know when I am linked up in my vehicle there are several options when a call comes through, one of them being "headset" I believe, which is bluetooth.

I just thought answer options bro.

bob52r

Mar 10, 2013
Miami, Fl
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
2010 mercedes audio system Blue Tooth only manages telephone, never BT audio from note 2 or note 3.

i have tried playing with the settings menus. Could this be an idiosyncrasy of the mercedes system rather than the note 3?

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
2010 mercedes audio system Blue Tooth only manages telephone, never BT audio from note 2 or note 3.

i have tried playing with the settings menus. Could this be an idiosyncrasy of the mercedes system rather than the note 3?

Yes... There may be an updated audio system firmware for your car. I am going to check on mine when I take my car in for the 50k tune up. Might have to swap entire radio system out, not speakers just console.

bob52r

Mar 10, 2013
Miami, Fl
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
With NOTE 2 worked well as slade described with his nissan. telephone through blue tooth and music/stream through aux out jack on phone to aux in jack in car . this was very acceptable for me.

With NOTE 3 unacceptable. if plug in my aux to car aux, then no telephone sound at all.

could the note 3 blue tooth software have changed so that blue booth for telephone cannot be seprate from aux out through headphone jack?
how can i fix this???????????????????????????????????????/