[Q] Odin Won't Detect Phone

Search This thread

hithernik

Jun 25, 2014
Hey forums,
I rooted my phone but I accidentally downloaded liquid smooth rom for my Safestrap enabled Galaxy S4 for Verizon. After that, The Samsung custom screen would boot then, it would either boot loop or go to Safestrap. When it goes past Safestrap, it just has a black screen which vibrates twice then just stays black. I tried installing other rooms but that did not work either. I then wanted to flash the stock firmware but it wouldn't work on Kies so I tried to do it on Odin. On Odin, the software won't pick up my phone. I have tried everything such as reinstalling drives, switching computers, Switching OS's, and changing USB. What can I do other than using Odin?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey forums,
I rooted my phone but I accidentally downloaded liquid smooth rom for my Safestrap enabled Galaxy S4 for Verizon. After that, The Samsung custom screen would boot then, it would either boot loop or go to Safestrap. When it goes past Safestrap, it just has a black screen which vibrates twice then just stays black. I tried installing other rooms but that did not work either. I then wanted to flash the stock firmware but it wouldn't work on Kies so I tried to do it on Odin. On Odin, the software won't pick up my phone. I have tried everything such as reinstalling drives, switching computers, Switching OS's, and changing USB. What can I do other than using Odin?

So you reinstalled the usb drivers. Did you try changing back and forth between media and camera? You do have enable usb debugging checked, right?

Does it ask you if you agree to let your computer connect via usb when you connect to your computer?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If the phone does on even get warm when you put it on the charger I would say it's a hard brick. If that is the case jtag would be your only option. I have the equipment to do so but I have not had a reason to use it yet. I thought I was going to have to do mine but the warranty company decided to replace it.

Reactions: hithernik

hithernik

Jun 25, 2014
If the phone does on even get warm when you put it on the charger I would say it's a hard brick. If that is the case jtag would be your only option. I have the equipment to do so but I have not had a reason to use it yet. I thought I was going to have to do mine but the warranty company decided to replace it.

Do you know anyone who could do this for me or any simpler way so I could do it myself?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Hey forums,

Does it boot into downloader mode successfully?
If Odin doesn't recognize it, try a different USB cable, and failing that a different PC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.