Doogee DG280 LEO

Search This thread

_JoaoCampos

Jul 4, 2011
Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto
pespt.net
d1.jpg

Just pre-ordered this one as a gift for my cousin (gave her a cutout of it since her birthday was yesterday :p).

Roughly the same specs as DG310 (which I'm very happy with), but it's 4.5" inch (which kinda makes more sense for the FWVGA screen resolution).
It's apparently built with durability in mind.

• CPU: Mediatek 6582 Quad-core 1.3 Ghz
  • Android: KitKat 4.4
  • Size (mm): 133.5*68.3*8.8(L×W×H)
  • Camera: 5.0 MP (back) / 1.3 MP (front)
  • RAM: 1GB
  • ROM: 8GB
  • Dual-sim, 3G, WIFI, BT4.0, GPS, 1800mAh battery by BAK.

Rest of the specs here: http://www.doogee.cc/products_detail/&productId=106.html

It's currently 80$ on Dealextreme + 2 phone cases, from tomorrow to 10/1 82.99$ + an 8GB SD-card.

viperasp

Oct 7, 2008
Bucuresti
Is there a way how to root DG280 ?

There is a way of rooting dg280. I've done it twice, yet i am not sure how it worked the first time. The second time root genius made it possible.
See attached file.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Also i have made a third attempt at rooting the phone and you should know that in order for any of the above root exploits to work you must not install the r10 update released on february 10th. If this update is already installed you manually flash the full r7 rom image from doogee website. Also after getting root you cannot install the r10 update as this one bricks the phone and to recover you must also flash the full r7 rom image.
The r7 image flashing procedure is also pretty complicated because there is no real guide anywhere. There are some files that need editing, because you will need to disable the checksum verification in the flasher because you will get errors from one of the files, errors which are wrong. Also don't try to put the phone in download mode. To flash it just start the flasher select options (i used format+download) and hit the start button. It is just going to wait for a phone. After this just pull the battery from the phone, put it back (don't touch any buttons on the phone, keep it off) and just connect the usb cable to it. After a few second the flasher will show phone info and progress of format and rom upload.
There is also an issue with the usb phone drivers. You need good ones before any of the above procedures. I really cannot help with this because i already had a good number of compatible drivers installed and i just couldn't tell which is the best for this.

Attachments

• RootGenius_en.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,934
Last edited:
Reactions: s4tch

lorenc75

Nov 12, 2012
Very poor 2g/3g signal reception ??? any one else has experienced the same?

The phone has very very poor 2g/3g signal reception from the mobile networks. The call voice quality is too bad. Call dropping is frequent all the time and voice is transmitted distorted to the other party in call. I tried the phone with all networks that operate in my country, and the result was the same. The phone shows only 1-2 bars at signal cluster, while the other phones show full bars at the same location. So is anyone experiencing the same? Any fix available? Thank you.

TimoHL

Nov 17, 2014
@lorenc75
I bought the Doogee Leo für my daughter, and she's totally satisfied.
Signal reception is as good as with my Samsung S3, GPS and WiFi is also working good.
I rooted the phone to get a CWM recovery and to deinstall some of the China-Apps.

After 3 Weeks of usage her little brother broke the Micro-USB-Socket while playing Games on the Phone (Charger was plugged in) but that was also no problem, just opened the phone (9 screws) and resoldered the USB-Socket, so it's working again.
All in one I must say, for 80Euros including Shipment from Germany (No Taxes) a good Phone.
Ok, the Flashlight is not the brightest one, but hey.. it was a cheap phone :)

ItBoom

Dec 11, 2014
@lorenc75
I bought the Doogee Leo für my daughter, and she's totally satisfied.
Signal reception is as good as with my Samsung S3, GPS and WiFi is also working good.
I rooted the phone to get a CWM recovery and to deinstall some of the China-Apps.

After 3 Weeks of usage her little brother broke the Micro-USB-Socket while playing Games on the Phone (Charger was plugged in) but that was also no problem, just opened the phone (9 screws) and resoldered the USB-Socket, so it's working again.
All in one I must say, for 80Euros including Shipment from Germany (No Taxes) a good Phone.
Ok, the Flashlight is not the brightest one, but hey.. it was a cheap phone :)

i need help, the same thing happend to me, i opened the phone, but i do not know what to look for, can you please help? (i am not often on this site so please contact me on my facebook (Itamar Baum - (username is itwouldgoboom)) thank you.

TimoHL

Nov 17, 2014
How to Fix the USB-Connector

Hi everyone. Since I had a few requests on how to do the repair of the USB-Connector, I describe it here although it has nothing to do with Android development. Hope it's OK for you.

I just opened the phone (take out everything, loosen 9 screws).
Then I carefully turned over the USB-Board (1 more screw secured with some kind of adhesive tape) after pulling out the antenna connector, microphone and vibration motor.
Then there are the 5 micro-USB-Pins from the connector to the PCB. In order to have the right alignment of the socket, I insterted a MicroUSB plug into the socket. Then i soldered everything new with ENOUGH tin to get it a little more stable. All you need is a calm hand and a fine soldering-tip. Reassembly in opposite order. But double-Check for shortcuts. And if you are not experienced in soldering small parts, I'd suggest you let it do by someone who knows about this to prevent more damage.

Timo

Last edited:

ItBoom

Dec 11, 2014
Hi everyone. Since I had a few requests on how to do the repair of the USB-Connector, I describe it here although it has nothing to do with Android development. Hope it's OK for you.

I just opened the phone, then I carefully turned over the USB-Board (1 more screw I think and secured with some kind of adhesive tape) after pulling out the microphone and vibration motor. Then there are the 5 micro-USB-Pins from the Connector to the PCB. In Order to have the right alignment of the Socket, I insterted a MicroUSB Plug in the socket. Then i soldered everything new with ENOUGH tin to get it a little more stable. All you need is a calm hand and a fine soldering-tip. Reassembly in opposite order. But double-Check for shortcuts. And if you are not experienced in soldering small parts, I'd suggest you let it do by someone who knows about this to prevent more damage.

Timo

thank you! i was afraid to remove the usb board. it seemed that there are quite a few things connected there :) at the moment i do not have a fine tip though... guess i may just send it to be fixed :crying:

lorenc75

Nov 12, 2012
DG280 custom recovery

Hi there,

is anyone willing to share with us where to find / download a custom recovery CWM/TWRP for DG280 running lollipop 5.0 version?
I tried the only one recovery available for dg280 on needroom, but it is not working.

Thank you.

Tzul

Jun 25, 2014
Where can I recovery ?
Hi there,

is anyone willing to share with us where to find / download a custom recovery CWM/TWRP for DG280 running lollipop 5.0 version?
I tried the only one recovery available for dg280 on needroom, but it is not working.

Here's a CWM recovery for the DG280. Haven't tested it yet.
I tried to build Carliv Touch Recovery (CTR) and TWRP for the DG280... they kind of worked, but the touch screen is unusable! Maybe those recoveries are lacking the proper drivers.

gerstavros

May 30, 2012
Athens
Here's a CWM recovery for the DG280. Haven't tested it yet.
I tried to build Carliv Touch Recovery (CTR) and TWRP for the DG280... they kind of worked, but the touch screen is unusable! Maybe those recoveries are lacking the proper drivers.
I flashed it with flash tool in lollipop, doesn't work. Just shows the recovery image and no menu.
Also, i cant root lollipop!

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

The phone has very very poor 2g/3g signal reception from the mobile networks. The call voice quality is too bad. Call dropping is frequent all the time and voice is transmitted distorted to the other party in call. I tried the phone with all networks that operate in my country, and the result was the same. The phone shows only 1-2 bars at signal cluster, while the other phones show full bars at the same location. So is anyone experiencing the same? Any fix available? Thank you.

My dg280 has better 2g/3g signal reception than any other mobile i have tested here, even nokia/samsung/lg/motorolla

gerstavros

May 30, 2012
Athens
Has anyone managed to root lollipop? I am trying for hours from yesterday, i created custom system.img, custom recoveries, unsecured boot.img but even if i root it, it doesn't boot again..

unicastbg

May 1, 2011
Sofia
Sony Xperia V
Xiaomi Mi 5s
I have the Lollipop version and managed to get root very easy using this app - http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application. 4.5.0.803 is what I used.
update - can't get ES File Explorer to write to system/app. I always get a not enough space warning. I found out that using this Kingroot app to uninstall system apps opens the door until restart. But you need to remove one system app in order for this to work. Will continue to look for a workaround.

Last edited:
Reactions: gerstavros

qwerty63

Apr 17, 2009
Flashing

Hi,
I failed to root DG280, I regret not reading for example viperasp's hint that from software version r10 it can brick the phone.
I used Kingroot, after second use, it told me everything's fine&rooted. I used then some script that removes Kinguser and puts SuperSU in place of it, it also went OK, SuperSU told it wants to update itself, but it was not possible without restart. But after restart I don't have phone running, so...

Would be really great if someone who went over flashing something to DG280 via some kind of SPFlash tool could share how he/she did that. I got only one tutorial from doogee.cc written in some chinese-english. I downloaded r6 image (the only available at manufacturers website, I don't care about version, just want to have this phone running) and can't flash it... I wonder what version of preloader driver can make this phone visible in SPFlash. Attached "Smartphone multi-port download tool" doesn't see the phone.

Depending on how I'm connecting it - with/without battery, with some/without any keys pressed, it is seen in task manager under ports. Sometimes as "Mediatek DA USB VCOM Port", sometimes it gives continuous appearing/disappearing for ~2sec. of "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port", sometimes USB VCOM Port or MTK USB Port, and Flash tool won't find anything in these cases. Sometimes "MTK USB Port" is left (not disappearing) and this is promising, because Flash tool finds one Com port and displays "COM49 + N/A, scan failed".
If I only got it to display both Preloader COM and MTK USB Port so I think I could do flashing. But how to achieve this?
I tried this on Win XP 386x and win10 x64, same results.

Maybe someone has some knowledge now and is kind enough to share/give some tips? Would be great :)

gerstavros

May 30, 2012
Athens
Hi,
I failed to root DG280, I regret not reading for example viperasp's hint that from software version r10 it can brick the phone.
I used Kingroot, after second use, it told me everything's fine&rooted. I used then some script that removes Kinguser and puts SuperSU in place of it, it also went OK, SuperSU told it wants to update itself, but it was not possible without restart. But after restart I don't have phone running, so...

Would be really great if someone who went over flashing something to DG280 via some kind of SPFlash tool could share how he/she did that. I got only one tutorial from doogee.cc written in some chinese-english. I downloaded r6 image (the only available at manufacturers website, I don't care about version, just want to have this phone running) and can't flash it... I wonder what version of preloader driver can make this phone visible in SPFlash. Attached "Smartphone multi-port download tool" doesn't see the phone.

Depending on how I'm connecting it - with/without battery, with some/without any keys pressed, it is seen in task manager under ports. Sometimes as "Mediatek DA USB VCOM Port", sometimes it gives continuous appearing/disappearing for ~2sec. of "Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port", sometimes USB VCOM Port or MTK USB Port, and Flash tool won't find anything in these cases. Sometimes "MTK USB Port" is left (not disappearing) and this is promising, because Flash tool finds one Com port and displays "COM49 + N/A, scan failed".
If I only got it to display both Preloader COM and MTK USB Port so I think I could do flashing. But how to achieve this?
I tried this on Win XP 386x and win10 x64, same results.

Maybe someone has some knowledge now and is kind enough to share/give some tips? Would be great :)

Check my guide here: https://translate.google.com/transl....gr/forum/showthread.php?p=4883180&edit-text=
Use the drivers from the link there with the autoinstaller. You 'll not have any problem. Flash the latest Croatia Lollipop firmware (find it at needrom.com). And next time, after rooting with kingroot, dont replace it with supersu or other app. Keep kinguser ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way how to root DG280 ?

There is a way of rooting dg280. I've done it twice, yet i am not sure how it worked the first time. The second time root genius made it possible.
    See attached file.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Also i have made a third attempt at rooting the phone and you should know that in order for any of the above root exploits to work you must not install the r10 update released on february 10th. If this update is already installed you manually flash the full r7 rom image from doogee website. Also after getting root you cannot install the r10 update as this one bricks the phone and to recover you must also flash the full r7 rom image.
    The r7 image flashing procedure is also pretty complicated because there is no real guide anywhere. There are some files that need editing, because you will need to disable the checksum verification in the flasher because you will get errors from one of the files, errors which are wrong. Also don't try to put the phone in download mode. To flash it just start the flasher select options (i used format+download) and hit the start button. It is just going to wait for a phone. After this just pull the battery from the phone, put it back (don't touch any buttons on the phone, keep it off) and just connect the usb cable to it. After a few second the flasher will show phone info and progress of format and rom upload.
    There is also an issue with the usb phone drivers. You need good ones before any of the above procedures. I really cannot help with this because i already had a good number of compatible drivers installed and i just couldn't tell which is the best for this.
    Has anyone managed to root lollipop? I am trying for hours from yesterday, i created custom system.img, custom recoveries, unsecured boot.img but even if i root it, it doesn't boot again..
    Found a method on 4PDA, use Google to translate it from Russian.
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=627006&st=300#entry39327684
    I have the Lollipop version and managed to get root very easy using this app - http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application. 4.5.0.803 is what I used.
    update - can't get ES File Explorer to write to system/app. I always get a not enough space warning. I found out that using this Kingroot app to uninstall system apps opens the door until restart. But you need to remove one system app in order for this to work. Will continue to look for a workaround.
    Thanks a million for your help :) Its a bit painfull to read translated pages, but, the best thing was pointing me at needrom which I forgot to check when looking for a solution. And there are few roms for DG280 to download. So now I installed new drivers and followed very easy and simple instructions first from http://www.needrom.com/download/ori...m-with-6gb-system-partition-and-cwm-recovery/, connected phone with battery and power+VolDown and SPFlash detected phone and downloaded to it all packages in preloader mode (took 3minutes) which ended in green V-tick.
    The not so funny thing was that after that I thought my phone is useless, didn't react on any keypress, was not seen by computer via USB and even didn't charge battery :) Then I discovered that, when connecting without buttery and holding VolUp, it is being detected as MTK USB Port and SPFlash starts flashing. I tried every ROM from needrom which resulted in "Download DA 100%" and everything ended in "BROM Error: D_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)". I tried same ROM again and then all the others, the last one was your Croatian, that was the only one that SPFlash successfully downloaded to phone which is now working as a casual Android phone, I just need to fix IMEIs that disappeared :)
    So thanks again :)
    Any thoughts what caused my problems? Was it upgrading first from Android 5 to Android 4.4?
    And btw., could you recommend some CWM/TWRP Recovery that can be flashed now?
    Not sure why such problems occured to you. About imei, there is a tool that creates the imei file and then you copy it to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/ or something like that. If you don't find a solution send me a pm with your imeis to send you the correct file. There is no custom recovery online for Android 5 DG280. I had ported one but doesn't see any internal storage or sdcard, works only with adb sideload, no time to fix that, maybe i ve deleted it also :p
    My bet is that battery is failing and easiest would be to buy an original new one for ~$6 at DX/Aliexpress and live with the old one until the new one arrives.