[MOD]Upgrading OpenGL to 2.0

Search This thread

harut56

Aug 13, 2011
Yerevan
Hi guys!.Managed to add OpenGL 2.0 driver support to our Heroes.Don't expect any miracles,our GPU can't support everything,that requires 2.0 graphics.The mod increases display performance,gives a high boost to Android 4.0 ROMs(turns on hardware accelerating) and maybe helps in some games.For those,who want to try it,flash attach from CWM Recovery(zip is not signed).In case if something goes wrong or you want to turn it off just delete file data/local.prop

Attachments

• OpenGL_2.0_by_harut56.zip
    267.2 KB · Views: 2,567
  • i.png
    i.png
    107 KB · Views: 2,736
Last edited:

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Hi guys!.Managed to add OpenGL 2.0 driver support to our Heroes.Don't expect any miracles,our GPU can't support everything,that requires 2.0 graphics.The mod increases display performance,gives a high boost to Android 4.0 ROMs(turns on hardware accelerating) and maybe helps in some games.For those,who want to try it,flash attach from CWM Recovery(zip is not signed).In case if something goes wrong or you want to turn it off just delete file data/local.prop

turns on hardware acceleration?

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
I tried it on ICS now, and I got to say, it's a HUGE improvement! Really! Of course, it's not like VE, but for example pulling down the pulldownbar is about as smooth as it's possible. With this mod I think I can use ICS as a daily!

cet90

Mar 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Im gonna test it with gingerbread rom now.. report back tmr.. ciao!

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Flash on my gingerbread rom.. booted.. but i simply did not see much improvement.. thx for the file anyways!! =)

darkmansd

Dec 22, 2009
I tried it on ICS now, and I got to say, it's a HUGE improvement! Really! Of course, it's not like VE, but for example pulling down the pulldownbar is about as smooth as it's possible. With this mod I think I can use ICS as a daily!

could you make a video or something like that? i need my phone at the moment for work :/

so i can't try it...but would like to see the results

@topic: this is really exciting :) i hope someone can port the new cdma version & use this....maybe there is a change for a usable ics on hero :D

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
could you make a video or something like that? i need my phone at the moment for work :/

so i can't try it...but would like to see the results

@topic: this is really exciting :) i hope someone can port the new cdma version & use this....maybe there is a change for a usable ics on hero :D

Sorry, I´m already back at VE, as I also needed my phone :/

Edit: BTW, congratz Harut56, this is the first time in a LONG time there has been some development on the GSM side which isn´t a port from CDMA :p

Last edited:

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Or something like that.On our local forum almost all testers on ICS reported,that their phones become much more fast and responsive.I tried it myself on ZeroHero,it increased scrolling speed a bit

Hmmmm this will b something to check soon,I'm fixing some bugs on zero hero will try implementing it,great work harut :)

Sent from my HTC Hero using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice, I want to try this, especially on ICS. Have you tried it on ICS yourself?

Here's a signed one for Amon_RA users
    I can't see any difference on latest CM nightly.

tats because cm nightly's already have open gl 2.0,even decked elelinux and most roms already implement open gl2.0,its only certain builds that dont use opengl 2.0 like zero hero and most 2.2 and below roms...
    I made a signed version on the previous page, that one works on Amon_RA :)
    In your local.prop file the line "ro.opengles.version" was:

Code:
    ro.opengles.version=65537

instead of:

Code:
    ro.opengles.version=131072

meaning that even if this was working, the phone or any app was reading it as an older version and not OpenGL 2.0