[Q] Flash Droid Charge to other CDMA network

Search This thread

ciscoii

Dec 26, 2011
Just found something interesting!

I've been able to update prl using VPCT ( similar to QPST but for VIA Chipset ) and also ETSMain ( similar to QXDM ) but there's a lot of weird menus :confused:

For now, I am trying to disable SIM control.. my goal is to completely disable SIM Card control so I can use this phone just like a regular CDMA phone.

Sorry, I can't post the link here..but you can find VPCT and ETSMain on 4shared.com

FYI : I live in Indonesia which is no 4G LTE network here

Could you please kindly share how to link the phone via VPCT ? Is there any config should be done at phone site ?

robbiejobs

Oct 20, 2008
Bandung
This is what I do to get connected with VPST :

1. Remove SIM Card, turn on the phone.
  2. Connect the phone to PC, Install VIA Telecom USB Driver.
  3. Dial **USBUI, choose USB > CDMA Modem
  4. While the phone still connected to PC, Dial **DEBUG and then go to ETS Channel. If it's already on USB, change it to DPRAM and then back to USB.
  5. Open VPST Dragon, not VPCT. Update PRL, Restart Phone, Done.
  6. Dial **583, choose Enable CDMA Mode. Phone ask to restart, but you don't have to. And the signal should comes up now
  7. Stuck there, PRL updated, Signal shown (no more roaming indicator) but still cannot make a test call ( *22809 should connect to my local carrier activation, but the call just ended immediately.)

You can find VPST Dragon on 4shared.com, good luck :)

Here's the proof :

6867109354_8d41abf194_c.jpg

6867109492_d9fc242d7d_b.jpg

P.S :
Ignore the 3G Icon, I just change the WiFi icons in SystemUI.apk :p
VPST couldn't read some PRL, just try another version of your carrier PRL.
Wrong PRL file will gives you "USB Loopback test : failed"

This PRL works for me : http://www.mediafire.com/?260oum76c48342n ( for smartfren Indonesia )

Last edited:

capunkjd

Aug 21, 2010
Delete quote content

hello kang mas bro, wanna ask. on your device manager is there still INTF2 or not?
i've been tru that so when my charge plug in, my pc did not seen any INTF2 anymore.
on your clue up there why dont use cdma only (PRL) try dial *#4636*1111# then choose it cdma only (PRL)

Last edited:

robbiejobs

Oct 20, 2008
Bandung
hello kang mas bro, wanna ask. on your device manager is there still INTF2 or not?
i've been tru that so when my charge plug in, my pc did not seen any INTF2 anymore.
on your clue up there why dont use cdma only (PRL) try dial *#4636*1111# then choose it cdma only (PRL)

INTF2 driver is included in VIA Telecom USB Driver, and change it to CDMA Auto (PRL) doesn't help either it will just remove the NO SIM,or SIM Error Message...still no phone call :(

Reactions: j_habeeb

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore
WOW , this is very good , thanks to you all who are working on it, can you please let me know the link to INTF2 driver or can you send a link for VIA Telecom USB Driver.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I feel the activation part is in The SIM, the phone is given a activation pulse from the sim when the phone starts. So by removing the sim i dont think it makes sense. insted we have to try and hack the sim and load the phone number and min from the sim.Or we should try to replace the number and min on the sim with our desired number and min.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The SIM is part of the activation. Anyone who has ever gotten a warranty replacement has seen the activation process of the new phone is just putting your existing SIM into the new handset and turning it on.

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore
I feel robbiejobs and others who are working on this have to make out a way to deal with the SIM rather than the other way around.If SIM lock can be broken i feel things will start working for other networks on droid charge

robbiejobs

Oct 20, 2008
Bandung
The activation process in my country is a little bit different with the U.S (or maybe other country). All we have to do here is go to the Cellular Provider office, tell them our MEID or ESN and then ask for MDN,MIN and A-KEY. Next process is DIY, manually program your phone using QPST or CDMAWS. OTA activation is not yet available in my country ( limited to iPhone and some android phones at this time ) Unfortunately Droid Charge is using VIA Chipset, which is need a different software to program the phone. So far, I have found VPCT,VPST,and ETSMain which is made for VIA Telecom phones... too bad, its all old version and it's not fully compatible with newer VIA Phones.

For those who needed the driver, I found this driver from somewhere on the internet :

Code:
http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/TBH/SamsungFlashingUtility.7z

*credits to original uploader

My goal is still... to disable that control freak SIM Card :mad: another 4G-LTE Phone who uses Qualcomm chipset is already able to flashed to another carrier, because it's quite easy to disable SIM Card via QPST,DFS, and another CDMA tools.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

WOW , this is very good , thanks to you all who are working on it, can you please let me know the link to INTF2 driver or can you send a link for VIA Telecom USB Driver.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I feel the activation part is in The SIM, the phone is given a activation pulse from the sim when the phone starts. So by removing the sim i dont think it makes sense. insted we have to try and hack the sim and load the phone number and min from the sim.Or we should try to replace the number and min on the sim with our desired number and min.

I tried to change MIN and AKEY straight to the SIM Card, but it won't write.. DFS just give some CPS_ERROR ( I forgot the exact error message ).

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

What's Next ? :(
6881248016_df602be3cc_b.jpg

okayguy.jpg

Help anyone ?​

Last edited:
Reactions: j_habeeb and kvswim

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore
WOW robbiejobs you are doing a great job, in fact the process in India is also almost the same for activation,We go to the service provider and get the MEID registered to their respective network and we later add the phone number to the network by either dialing *228 or the company outlet patches our number to the registered MEID .We just have to just enter MIN number and phone number on the phone . The phone starts working.
I tried to do the same what you have done through ETS but same error.
I feel when the phone starts it actually takes commands to initialize from the SIM. Switch on the phone with the SIM and when the phone is on just remove the SIM but there is no difference in the signal or it does not say that the sim is removed.I assume the sim is used to activate the phone on every start and just for 4G data, rest is all managed in the phone itself.
I noticed when you enter **debug you have a column called HDR/1X Selection, try to enter CDMA or EVDO instead of EHRPD

Here there are 2 options
1. we have to make a sim card which is like cloning the original sim card and later infuse our number and MIN and PRL.
2. We have to find a way to disable the SIM card control over the phone.

It is very much posible but we are not having the proper tools, hope someone helps us fast and soon.

robbiejobs

Oct 20, 2008
Bandung
@imagecolour

YES! This is possible, let's hope someone from Samsung or VIA Telecom leak the internal software for us..LOL

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore
I got few of these settings from another forum hope it helps
To enable Hidden menu, do the following:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key
Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hidden menu Enable radio button.

Audio Tuning
*#28346#

Full Bat Popup
*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

HwCodec
*#0002*28346#
Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a side tone adjustment.

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.

The most IMPORTANT:
Diag/Testing Mode
*#4636*1111#

Hope it helps and gives some light

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

@imagecolour

YES! This is possible, let's hope someone from Samsung or VIA Telecom leak the internal software for us..LOL
Do you people think we may have to use a Gevey Sim or somthing like that on the Droid Charge like they use on an I-Phone

robbiejobs

Oct 20, 2008
Bandung
Do you people think we may have to use a Gevey Sim or somthing like that on the Droid Charge like they use on an I-Phone

I don't think it will work, but worth a try.. and here's more hidden codes from Samsung Indulge, some of them works on the Charge.

Code:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/321837-hidden-codes-indulge.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Remove SIM Card, turn on the phone.
    2. Connect the phone to PC, Install VIA Telecom USB Driver.
    3. Dial **USBUI, choose USB > CDMA Modem
    4. While the phone still connected to PC, Dial **DEBUG and then go to ETS Channel. If it's already on USB, change it to DPRAM and then back to USB.
    5. Open VPST Dragon, not VPCT. Update PRL, Restart Phone, Done.
    6. Dial **583, choose Enable CDMA Mode. Phone ask to restart, but you don't have to. And the signal should comes up now
    7. Stuck there, PRL updated, Signal shown (no more roaming indicator) but still cannot make a test call ( *22809 should connect to my local carrier activation, but the call just ended immediately.)

You can find VPST Dragon on 4shared.com, good luck :)

Here's the proof :

6867109354_8d41abf194_c.jpg

6867109492_d9fc242d7d_b.jpg

P.S :
    Ignore the 3G Icon, I just change the WiFi icons in SystemUI.apk :p
    VPST couldn't read some PRL, just try another version of your carrier PRL.
    Wrong PRL file will gives you "USB Loopback test : failed"

This PRL works for me : http://www.mediafire.com/?260oum76c48342n ( for smartfren Indonesia )
    We discovered early on that QPST just doesn't want to work with this phone. Plus, why did you get a LTE phone when you're just going to use CDMA?

Sent from my Droid Charge running Infinity Beta
    i have made a thread with updated via tools. if anyone can help us get full use out of them please share!! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26425227
    The activation process in my country is a little bit different with the U.S (or maybe other country). All we have to do here is go to the Cellular Provider office, tell them our MEID or ESN and then ask for MDN,MIN and A-KEY. Next process is DIY, manually program your phone using QPST or CDMAWS. OTA activation is not yet available in my country ( limited to iPhone and some android phones at this time ) Unfortunately Droid Charge is using VIA Chipset, which is need a different software to program the phone. So far, I have found VPCT,VPST,and ETSMain which is made for VIA Telecom phones... too bad, its all old version and it's not fully compatible with newer VIA Phones.

For those who needed the driver, I found this driver from somewhere on the internet :

Code:
    http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/TBH/SamsungFlashingUtility.7z

*credits to original uploader

My goal is still... to disable that control freak SIM Card :mad: another 4G-LTE Phone who uses Qualcomm chipset is already able to flashed to another carrier, because it's quite easy to disable SIM Card via QPST,DFS, and another CDMA tools.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I tried to change MIN and AKEY straight to the SIM Card, but it won't write.. DFS just give some CPS_ERROR ( I forgot the exact error message ).

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

What's Next ? :(
    6881248016_df602be3cc_b.jpg

okayguy.jpg

Help anyone ?​
    Hi,
    is anybody was flashed Droid Charge to Boost Mobile, MetroPCS or other CDMA Networks?
    Because i cant connect it to QPST for flash PRL and other settings for my network (Intertelecom, Ukraine).