[bootanimation] bootanimations and bootanimation requests

Search This thread

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Dont know if anybody is interested but here is a nice bootanimation from mexxxico over at DesireHD forum I did have to slow down the speed on it a bit. Based on this video. Sound does not work on ICS ROMS only for gingerbread (tho its ICS ROM Bootani). Just unzip files.

Bootanimation and sound
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39375693/Galaxy Nexus Boot.zip

Bootsound.snd and install instructions
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39375693/Bootanimation Sound Install.zip

EDIT: For ICS ROMs the bootanimation sound need to be named, boot_audio.mp3 in order for it to work.

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Hasta la vista Downanimation

Hey guys! I have been working on a downanimation, but not sure if it is gonna work fine. It also has sound...what do you think??

MOD EDIT: Link removed due to copyright infringement.
You may want to consider NOT using animations ripped out of movies scenes as the source footage you are using here is subject to copyright.

Last edited by a moderator:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Hey guys! I have been working on a downanimation, but not sure if it is gonna work fine. It also has sound...what do you think??

MOD EDIT: Link removed due to copyright infringement.
You may want to consider NOT using animations ripped out of movies scenes as the source footage you are using here is subject to copyright.

Upps...sorry didn't know that. I apologize, won't happen again.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com

Attachments

• terminator.gif
    terminator.gif
    224.3 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: GAVANA

thedailyl3af

Apr 16, 2012
The Moon ;)
Anyone know where I could get ice sense one v Dre beats boot animation from? The one that looks like a storm.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

39FarmallM

Jun 15, 2011
Pt Pleasant, WV
Anyone know where I could get ice sense one v Dre beats boot animation from? The one that looks like a storm.

A Google search will get several hits. XDA popped up first. You should be able to find the .zip that you are looking for. Verify whether it will install itself or you have to place it in the proper folder. The proper folder is not the same for all phones. Search for your phone and you should find that info. Save your old bootanimation and rename the new one the same as the old and reboot.

Sent to a tower near you using ClearDroid and XDA app.

thedailyl3af

Apr 16, 2012
The Moon ;)
A Google search will get several hits. XDA popped up first. You should be able to find the .zip that you are looking for. Verify whether it will install itself or you have to place it in the proper folder. The proper folder is not the same for all phones. Search for your phone and you should find that info. Save your old bootanimation and rename the new one the same as the old and reboot.

Sent to a tower near you using ClearDroid and XDA app.

I did the search but it just comes up with the old boot screens with the all black background but not the storm one anywhere

orbhunterx

Jul 24, 2010
Very cool stuff!

I found a sweet Droid Razr boot animation here -

http://youtu.be/t8GLFSCqUis

And this is the Droid Razr bootanimation.zip and audio file that's available in comments of the above vid -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39505460/Motorola%20Droid%20Razr%20Boot%2BSound.zip

Other bootanimation.zip files work fine in the /system/media folder required to display on my Inspire... However, the Droid Razr bootanimation.zip isn't showing, even though the sound file I put in the same folder is working.

My best guess is the animation isn't the right size to play on Inspire/Desire phones.

I've read some say 480 x 800 boot animations should play okay, but I haven't tried any experimenting to make sure.

So, what's the best way to resize the file all to work properly on an Inspire?

Any help to making it happen is greatly appreciated!

Thanx!

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Very cool stuff!

I found a sweet Droid Razr boot animation here -

http://youtu.be/t8GLFSCqUis

And this is the Droid Razr bootanimation.zip and audio file that's available in comments of the above vid -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39505460/Motorola%20Droid%20Razr%20Boot%2BSound.zip

Other bootanimation.zip files work fine in the /system/media folder required to display on my Inspire... However, the Droid Razr bootanimation.zip isn't showing, even though the sound file I put in the same folder is working.

My best guess is the animation isn't the right size to play on Inspire/Desire phones.

I've read some say 480 x 800 boot animations should play okay, but I haven't tried any experimenting to make sure.

So, what's the best way to resize the file all to work properly on an Inspire?

Any help to making it happen is greatly appreciated!

Thanx!

Ok, this will not work on your inspire as the images size is 540x960 while the inspire is 480x800. You can use Irfanview to change images size (you can choose all images at once) and then, you have to re adapt the .txt file in the zip folder. If you give me some time I can do it for u, and show u what is that u have to change. In the meantime read this that will help u to do your own bootanimations:

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?3369-TUTORIAL-Bootanimation-creation-amp-tools!

orbhunterx

Jul 24, 2010
Ok, this will not work on your inspire as the images size is 540x960 while the inspire is 480x800. You can use Irfanview to change images size (you can choose all images at once) and then, you have to re adapt the .txt file in the zip folder. If you give me some time I can do it for u, and show u what is that u have to change. In the meantime read this that will help u to do your own bootanimations:

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?3369-TUTORIAL-Bootanimation-creation-amp-tools!

Thanks for helping!

orbhunterx

Jul 24, 2010
Someone else commented that when they looked at the bootanimation.zip file they found two problems. First, is there is a bootanimation subfolder that the three image folders and descr.txt is located. Second, the files in the zip were not "stored" and may have been compressed. I tried my hand at a redo of the zip: extracting original files, copying to the root of a new 7-zip archive, saving as bootanimation.zip, then putting it in /system/media.

Unfortunately, the bootanimation is still not working, nor is the ogg file that I also put there too. An mp3 I made of the ogg sound does play on reboot, but the screen remains black. I also was told elsewhere that the image files being larger than the standard 480 x 800 probably isn't the issue, and should auto resize when played.

Any ideas to get all this under wraps?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *For the art work I didn't make*
    Credit for the artwork goes solely to the artist that made it

*Note*
    This isn't a flashable zip
    Currently these are for froyo 2.2
    I will be updating with in the next few days to make them work for gingerbread.

*What you need*
    Root, root explorer

*Instructions*
    To make this your boot animation:
    1. Make a nandroid back up via CWM
    2.download file.
    3.place "bootanimation.zip" file on sd card.
    4. with root explorer copy file off sd card.
    5. place file in >data>local
    6.Over write bootanimation.zip

I take no responsibility if you brick or mess up your phone.

*For flashable bootscreens see post 4*

*For TPC stock ROM*
    1. Follow steps 1-3
    2. Rename to ATT_bootanimation.zip
    3. Copy file from sd card
    4. Paste in system>customize>resources
    5. Reboot and enjoy!

ALSO: I will be creating custom boot animations, so keep your eyes peeled.

Rotating Skeleton video:Rotating Skeleton

xray-skeleton.jpg
    Here Is a little custom boot its not much, when I get a little more time I'll attempt something a little more elaborate.

generic inspired boot vid here:Inspire

bootani1.gif

Updated: New windows Xp boot animation & Android peeing on mac.

windowsbootanimation.gif

View attachment 540338
    Here ya go. Sonic Moves REALLY FAST across the screen If you want, give me more frames to work with, atleast 2x, 3x more than whats already there and I can make it better for you. as far as sound, see if you can use one of the bootanimation utility apps from the market to find the sound binarary or find one floating around the forums.

here it is slowed down. the last number in the first line of desc.txt is the frame rate. dropping this number will limit the amount of frames/sec and therefor slow it down. In this case I changed it from 15 to 5, slowing it down to about 1/3 of the speed you had it. I started at 7, it was still too fast, went to 3 and was too slow. 5 looks pretty good though
    Here is another one for all those that are as impatient about Modern Warfare 3 as I am!

bf_0034.png

bf_0084.png

bf_0134.png

Download link for the full length animation is here.
    Download link for shorter/MIUI version is here.

Audio Coming Soon

Please hit Thanks if you like it, if you hate it, don't :)

Nice job on figuring it out. Thanks for your contributions.

@Wolf_2 Thanks! I am glad I could!

~cheers
    As soon as I learn how to start making these Bootanimations I will start taking requests.