【Hardware】The Devs who are resolving camera issues please come in, Amazing thing!

Search This thread

peiminglei

Jan 6, 2011
beijing
【Hardware】The Devs who are resolving camera issues please come in, Amazing thing!

Hello everyone

I just disassembled my Desire HD and replace the Camera Hardware to the EVO 4G‘s!

and everything is working very Good!

So, I found the HTC phones which camera are 8M, with the manufacturer is omniVision,its camera drivers are ALL THE SAME!

So, dear Devs,maybe you can find the drivers for Sense4.0 android 4.0 from the other phones such as sensation XL or Sensation!

So good luck to everyone!

More Info

The rom I use now is Energy newest sense3.5 android2.3.5, kernel is default
The original Camera hardware is samsung
The new Camera hardware is OmniVision 8M, which is taken from EVO 4G

No change between samsung and OmniVision, the amazing thing is why different Phones use the same hardware? since different hardware used on different phones of htc, why the camera are all work without no differ? So the only thing I got was the CAMERA DRIVER is in common use

Last edited:

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
Hello everyone

I just disassembled my Desire HD and replace the Camera Hardware to the EVO 4G‘s!

So, I found the HTC phones which camera are 8M, with the manufacturer is omniVision,its camera drivers are ALL THE SAME!

So, dear Devs,maybe you can find the drivers for Sense4.0 android 4.0 from the other phones such as sensation XL or Sensation!

Could we get some more information such as:
-What rom are you on
-What camera sensor (/sys>android_camera>sensor)
-Which kernel
-pictures of the camera change
-screenshots

And anything else which you know about this to shed some light & maybe then it might be useful! :D
Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Gradjevinac

Nov 1, 2011
Belgrade
www.rapid-cs.com
its some ICS rom for sure, and he sad that camera is manufactured omniVision, so
sensor is OmniVision ov8810 8M :)

That would be great, because for now only cameras with SAMSUNG sensors are working on ICS+sense 4 :)

common omnivision :)

Simonekl

Apr 21, 2012
Hello everyone

great idea for DEVS.
thanks
: Dobrý:

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
Hello everyone

Good work!! My DHD has Samsung camera sensor and i know for a fact that a plenty of other peolpe on XDA have Samsung sensors. Infact Pacha's sense 4 rom has perfect working camera for samsung sensor DHDs, although video recording is still not fully functional yet. Anyways, great job with the hardware hack.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

maicol.urbinati

May 15, 2010
Cool! I have the OmniVision ov8810 8M sensor too...
I think the Incredible S have the same sensor too. Once HTC will release its kernel source we can hope to have a fully working and optimized ICS Rom! :)

Reactions: brad808

brad808

Oct 23, 2010
Nice I also have the omnivision sensor, hopefully this means full working camera!

Sent from my Desire HD

Mickey690

Dec 17, 2008
Okotoks
Christian Schönberg ‏@chrisch1974

DHD/Inspire users with ov8810 help us to fix it. Flash https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27861013/spade_debug_cam_kernel.zip … and post a dmesg from the boot. We added some debugging code.
https://twitter.com/chrisch1974

I'm not an inspire user but a Canadian DHD user which has the ov8810 sensor. I've downloaded your kernel along with GetLogs. I'll give it a go and upload the kernel log if that's what your after. I'm currently running CM9

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

OK Installed the Kernel and rebooted. Cam wouldn't load just black screen then message cam not responding.

Used get logs and uploaded to pastebin http://pastebin.com/GnDymcEc

I Have restored my backup now but hope this gives you some helpful info.

vrooom666

Dec 13, 2010
hi, i got samsung sensor in my phone but i do got a spare sensor. how can i id them if its sumsing or oniversion?

LGRD

Feb 12, 2009
Ottawa
I'm not an inspire user but a Canadian DHD user which has the ov8810 sensor. I've downloaded your kernel along with GetLogs. I'll give it a go and upload the kernel log if that's what your after. I'm currently running CM9

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

OK Installed the Kernel and rebooted. Cam wouldn't load just black screen then message cam not responding.

Used get logs and uploaded to pastebin

I Have restored my backup now but hope this gives you some helpful info.

Private paste - can`t view it?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

For the reccord, I have a Telus DHD with Omnivision sensor

rmriggin

May 19, 2008
Would it be possible to replace the omni camera module with a Samsung module to have working camera with the leaked 3.0 kernel?

Sent from my Inspire 4g using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone

More Info

The rom I use now is Energy newest sense3.5 android2.3.5, kernel is default
    The original Camera hardware is samsung
    The new Camera hardware is OmniVision 8M, which is taken from EVO 4G

No change between samsung and OmniVision, the amazing thing is why different Phones use the same hardware? since different hardware used on different phones of htc, why the camera are all work without no differ? So the only thing I got was the CAMERA DRIVER is in common use
    Hey guys, I have written about this for the XDA Portal, so hopefully that'll help get some attention from other devs and maybe help you guys figure this all out :)

Should be up in a couple of days!
    how to find out which sensor i've got without opening phone?
    look in /sys/android_camera/sensor file in text browser.
    Yes the Samsung Sensor also works fine ;)

And the Camcorder works in 720p with sound :D
    Cool! I have the OmniVision ov8810 8M sensor too...
    I think the Incredible S have the same sensor too. Once HTC will release its kernel source we can hope to have a fully working and optimized ICS Rom! :)