[APP][2.3+]MEGA Android client with upload/download, camera sync and other features

Search This thread

FlyingOtter

Feb 11, 2013
Mega for Android

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyingottersoftware.mega

Here are the current features:
- Browse your MEGA storage account
- Upload and download files to your Android device
- Camera Sync, upload your photos and videos to MEGA automatically
- Search for files within your MEGA account
- Share and download MEGA links
- Delete files
- Rename files
- Move files
- Create folders
- All within a modern Android interface…

** THIS IS A BETA APP **

Although we tried to get as much functionality into this app as we could, and tested it to the best of our ability, there are going to be bugs. Please let us know if you discover any bugs or think of features you'd like to see, and we'd be glad to fix them for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-11-16-57-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-16-57-21.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,687
  • Screenshot_2013-02-11-16-59-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-16-59-07.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,582
  • Screenshot_2013-02-11-16-59-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-16-59-20.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,316
  • Screenshot_2013-02-12-17-44-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-17-44-17.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,338

kennypants

Feb 12, 2013
Very awesome app

I am curious when you download the file does MEGA put the files in a folder is it kinda like a temp thing

FlyingOtter

Feb 11, 2013
I am curious when you download the file does MEGA put the files in a folder is it kinda like a temp thing

There are a few types of downloads. If you save file to Downloads or external storage - it is permanent. But if you open file or share to other app, file will be downloaded to the temp folder and marked for removal in some time in the future. Right now it is not very clear when those files will be removed, I'll try to address this issue in one of the next versions.

d1egoaz

Aug 31, 2012
Woo first mega client on android, I will try it ASAP

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

FlyingOtter

Feb 11, 2013
New version released (0.5.5)

Changelog:
- Fixed a few critical Camera Sync bugs for some users
- Added auto cache cleanup
- Other bug fixes

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Great app, thank you! It's fast, small, and functional. My only problem with the app (consider it a bug I suppose?) is I'm not allowed to download files over 25MB I have stored in Mega...I get a network time out on any file over 25MB.

-BioHaZard-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2012
Great work FlyingOtter, for a Beta this is looking really good. I have some suggestions though:
- On the item pressed event could you make the text colour white, it makes it much easier to read instead of black and grey.
- Make the dialog headers red to match the MEGA theme.
- Could you add more padding around the thumbnails, it looks a little cramped on the left and right sides.
- Could you add an option to move the cache to the internal/external SD card.
- Could you add an option to clear the cache on exit or simply a button within the settings to clear the cache. Or, maybe, both options.
- How about adding stream support, if possible? It would be awesome if I could stream my online content (e.g. .music and videos... etc.) to my phone/tablet.

daoudedy

Feb 1, 2012
Batroun
download folder if you hit open:
root: data/data/ com.flyingottersoftware.mega/cache/ BRIAEIZR

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

vdflat

Dec 5, 2013
Great app, thank you so much!

I have a question though: are you planning on adding an auto download feature? I'd like to have the app running in the background and just syncing and downloading everything to my phone.

Thanks!

VitasLoWang

Feb 13, 2010
Xiaomi Redmi 5A
autosync feature?

Hello, I would like this to have autosync feature like google drive autosync app. Or maybe make another app to do this;) That would be nice. I mean have it work the same way as MEGAsync windows client - sync one folder with the storage in my phone so everything is online and also in the phone.

saulehs

Oct 19, 2012
cant create account.

I have been trying to create an account on mega . .. After filling in the details, it asks me to verify my account through the email that has been sent/will be sent . . . But the thing is I never get that email .. . Tried many times since many days . . Nothing. Any workarounds?

Thanks.

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
I have been trying to create an account on mega . .. After filling in the details, it asks me to verify my account through the email that has been sent/will be sent . . . But the thing is I never get that email .. . Tried many times since many days . . Nothing. Any workarounds?

Thanks.

Try creating it from a PC, worked for me

deepskydiver

Sep 26, 2008
Are there any plans to offer syncing of selected folders between your device and cloud storage?

With dropbox being highlighted as the opposite of private by Snowden, there's an opportunity here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mega for Android

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyingottersoftware.mega

Here are the current features:
    - Browse your MEGA storage account
    - Upload and download files to your Android device
    - Camera Sync, upload your photos and videos to MEGA automatically
    - Search for files within your MEGA account
    - Share and download MEGA links
    - Delete files
    - Rename files
    - Move files
    - Create folders
    - All within a modern Android interface…

** THIS IS A BETA APP **

Although we tried to get as much functionality into this app as we could, and tested it to the best of our ability, there are going to be bugs. Please let us know if you discover any bugs or think of features you'd like to see, and we'd be glad to fix them for you.