Play music

Search This thread

mh0520

Mar 6, 2012
Anyone else have problems using the newest version of play music with touchless control? It will say no results and do nothing if I say, "play, so and so..."

If I uninstall all the updates, it works but when I then update it to the newest version it breaks.

ohmimpotence

Feb 27, 2013
Hm I've been trying to figure out a solution to this myself. I did the rollback like you suggested but while it finds the artist or album instead of giving the No Results Found error, it doesn't seem to automatically play any music for me

mh0520

Mar 6, 2012
I've never rally been able to get it to start playing automatically for me. When it does do that it does an auto mix anyways and I usually want to listen to a particular album. So, I don't mind it not starting automatically if it's just going to do an instant mix.

Along the same lines, it won't play an album if I specify that either. At best it might play the title track of an album if I ask for it to play an album.

ohmimpotence

Feb 27, 2013
I've never rally been able to get it to start playing automatically for me. When it does do that it does an auto mix anyways and I usually want to listen to a particular album. So, I don't mind it not starting automatically if it's just going to do an instant mix.

Along the same lines, it won't play an album if I specify that either. At best it might play the title track of an album if I ask for it to play an album.

After trying a few times I have about the same success rate getting it to actually play an album as I did before. At least it brings up the albums now. Really disappointing, touchlessly controlling music was one of the main appeals of the Moto X for me. I was trying to use it while my hands were messy cooking the other night and I couldn't get anything I wanted to work, sad.

I've noticed if I say Play Pink Floyd or Karl Denson it only plays songs which have them in the title such as Pink Floyd Cover or Ft. Karl Denson.

Last edited:

mh0520

Mar 6, 2012
I've noticed that too! If I say play Justin Timberlake, it will play T.I. (featuring Justin Timberlake) but no Justin Timberlake solo.

(Have mercy on my musical taste... I listen to some good stuff too, I swear. :))

zhypher_23

Jun 28, 2012
Anyone else have problems using the newest version of play music with touchless control? It will say no results and do nothing if I say, "play, so and so..."

If I uninstall all the updates, it works but when I then update it to the newest version it breaks.

How'd you uninstall the updates?