[Q] RocketTab 3.1 flash problem

Search This thread

BoatUser

Feb 20, 2014
I must first say THANK YOU ALL (gr8nole, phil13 , jamison904 and many many more,sorry for not mentioning you) for so much useful information and development on all aspects of the Samsung tab 3 7.0 (SMT210, SMT210R)

I was wondering what I am doing wrong?????????/

Rooted SMT210, with prerooted.tar.md5 from jamison904, flashed philz_touch 6 CWM recovery, then tried everything to flash rom NO success, as the error is constant:(With cwm(philz_touch 6) recovery, Odin3.07, Hiemdall under raring 13.04).

Tried on both linux and windows 7 machines. (Download checked and md5 ok)

Format () expects5 args, got 4
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas would be gratefully received

My aim is to achieve BlackHauwk Kernel, RocketTab Rom +++

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
Uncheck the update binary thing in philz touch 6 cmw recovery it's in install zip

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Tap on "install zip"
3. Scroll down (swipe up) and there is "don't allow old update-binary", it is check by default and you just uncheck it bay tapping once on it
P.s it resets when rebooting
4. Install any zip you want :)

BoatUser

Feb 20, 2014
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Tap on "install zip"
3. Scroll down (swipe up) and there is "don't allow old update-binary", it is check by default and you just uncheck it bay tapping once on it
P.s it resets when rebooting
4. Install any zip you want :)

You are an apsolute super star it worked a treat, thank you soo much.

I have spent alot of time as a newbie in this world, looking at various options, most of which are confusing to most people (me included;)) so after I have done a couple of other devices I was thinking of posting an Idiots guide.

Should I post it? and if yes Where should I post it

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
You are an apsolute super star it worked a treat, thank you soo much.

I have spent alot of time as a newbie in this world, looking at various options, most of which are confusing to most people (me included;)) so after I have done a couple of other devices I was thinking of posting an Idiots guide.

Should I post it? and if yes Where should I post it

In q&a, I would post

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca

BoatUser, I too have noticed that a lot of developers write in such a way that they assume the reader is on par with their thought processes. I am having trouble trying to understand what developers mean when they give an ambiguous statement like "clean flash" and do not define clean flash. These guys are brilliant but lack very basic communication skills in expressing how to do something. I have seen it in many a software engineer. An idiot proof guide is always welcomed.

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
BoatUser, I too have noticed that a lot of developers write in such a way that they assume the reader is on par with their thought processes. I am having trouble trying to understand what developers mean when they give an ambiguous statement like "clean flash" and do not define clean flash. These guys are brilliant but lack very basic communication skills in expressing how to do something. I have seen it in many a software engineer. An idiot proof guide is always welcomed.

Clean flash means flashing with a full wipe (formatting system, data, cache and etc) so they can remove old system files and other things of the old rom or frimware and install a rom with a clean version

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Clean flash means flashing with a full wipe (formatting system, data, cache and etc) so they can remove old system files and other things of the old rom or frimware and install a rom with a clean version

Ripshock, thanks! After much reading I know what a clean flash is now. But I had to search high and low for the definition. My point was that key phrases that are understood by the developer and "those already in the know" are not defined for those new to the game. If the developer would just give specific instructions (step by step) then I think more would better understand and fewer questions about procedures would be asked. Just saying.

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
Ripshock, thanks! After much reading I know what a clean flash is now. But I had to search high and low for the definition. My point was that key phrases that are understood by the developer and "those already in the know" are not defined for those new to the game. If the developer would just give specific instructions (step by step) then I think more would better understand and fewer questions about procedures would be asked. Just saying.

I agree

BoatUser

Feb 20, 2014
maybe an idiots guide

I have just posted what is probably a first version, comments?:eek:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50601279