Lte on m919v 4.4.2

Search This thread

humonculi

May 5, 2014
OK i have tried to find the answer to this question i have a S4 M919V ( Videotron/Wind) on 4.4.2 (M919VVLUFNB5) And I'm currently with virgin mobile (Bell) i have evething set up to receive LTE on the phone. the sim card is LTE ready but i have no way of getting the phone to receive it.
I've tried to go into setting ( phone dial *#2263#) of that but nothing worked.
I don't mind rooting my phone but would love to get LTE without having to sell my phone and buying another one

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
OK i have tried to find the answer to this question i have a S4 M919V ( Videotron/Wind) on 4.4.2 (M919VVLUFNB5) And I'm currently with virgin mobile (Bell) i have evething set up to receive LTE on the phone. the sim card is LTE ready but i have no way of getting the phone to receive it.
I don't mind rooting my phone but would love to get LTE without having to sell my phone and buying another one

have you tried the settings here?

Settings/More networks/mobile networks
Your Network mode should show LTE,WCDMA (auto connect)

if not, tap on the network mode and select the LTE/WCDMA (auto connect) option and back all the way out.

Turn on airplane mode for about 30 seconds and then turn it back off and see what your results are.

You need to be SURE that LTE reception is possible where you are trying this. After all, no matter how good your hearing is, you won't hear me talking if you're out of earshot, right? LOL

Good luck!

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Yeah I've tried it and for some reason I don't have this option but your right about checking if the lte is available before doing anything

Attachments

• 1399372915668.jpg
    1399372915668.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 117

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Yeah I've tried it and for some reason I don't have this option but your right about checking if the lte is available before doing anything

Do you have any S5 apps installed?
If using a build prop mod you can lose your LTE settings in "networks".

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
I have an unrooted galaxy s4 running on stock 4.4.2

Thats strange, this issue has been encountered with rooted phones running stock/custom roms while running some mods.

You may have to do a factory reset, or stop by a TMOBILE store and let them check it out.

Pp.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston

Does that phone even support LTE?

Thats strange, this issue has been encountered with rooted phones running stock/custom roms while running some mods.

You may have to do a factory reset, or stop by a TMOBILE store and let them check it out.

Pp.

They don't have T-Mobile, and its not a T-Mobile device

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

humonculi

May 5, 2014
On 4.2, my friend, with the exact same phone was able to force lte. But cutting any phone line

humonculi

May 5, 2014
I don't know to be honest.
I got a legit lte sim car from virgin mobile because they offer lte and i've read that the t-mobile phone (m919) supports bell 's LTE frequencies

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I don't know to be honest.
I got a legit lte sim car from virgin mobile because the offer lte

Could be that it doesn't support LTE from your carrier.. I think it may be capable to support LTE but its disabled on that model.. I've seen people flash M919 modems and gotten LTE to work. Just make sure you do some research, and more research if you device to do this

humonculi

May 5, 2014
I've been rooting my phone as if it was a normal t-mobile m919 but I tried searching for into to see it there was a way to simply make my V (m919V) disappear and solve all my problems but nothing yet I know you can but as far as warranty, brick and risks go I have not found much information regarding this issue and that why I started this post

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

humonculi

May 5, 2014
The only thing is that the lte frequency off 700 was lunched in Ontario last month and I'm in Montreal
But the fact that t-mobile only has 1700 and that virgin uses this here means that the phone isn't the problem and with this information, i've concluded that it a software issue

Last edited:

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Were they on the same network as you?

So the question would be is There a way I can flash radio (baseband) without having everything getting messed up
And will i lose my data.
ive done a nandroid backup just in case. The phone is also rooted used T-Mobile files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been rooting my phone as if it was a normal t-mobile m919 but I tried searching for into to see it there was a way to simply make my V (m919V) disappear and solve all my problems but nothing yet I know you can but as far as warranty, brick and risks go I have not found much information regarding this issue and that why I started this post

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions