Status bar brightness slider

Search This thread

nikonx

Jun 4, 2007
Hello, I'm looking for a mod that adds the option of setting brightness by sliding across the status bar. To clarify, this is not the same as a brightness slider in the notification panel. You literally slide on the status bar with out having to pull anything down first. It's a crucial feature for me since I go in and out of the Sun a lot during the day. Thanks!

Viper ROM has it as an option so I know it is compatible with Sense roms. I'm running CleanRom now.

Tried GravityBox xposed module and it has the option but when I enable it, it doesn't actually go into effect...

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Are you running the Kitkat version of it? Also you shouldn't even need to do this, the auto screen brightness adjustment on this phone is quite good and should adjust it properly for you even quicker than the status bar slider mod you're looking for can.

nikonx

Jun 4, 2007
Are you running the Kitkat version of it? Also you shouldn't even need to do this, the auto screen brightness adjustment on this phone is quite good and should adjust it properly for you even quicker than the status bar slider mod you're looking for can.

Yes, I was using KitKat version. The JB version won't even install on a KK phone...

I'd use Auto Brightness if I could set the lower limit to go all the way down to 0% but I can't find settings to customize that. Do you know an Xposed module that can?

BigFatFluffyBunny

May 6, 2019
In case you were wondering how to set the maximum automatic brightness level

A Google Search:
From the Home screen, tap > Settings > Display & gestures or Display, gestures & buttons. With the Automatic brightness option selected, drag the slider to set the maximum brightness level. This sets a limit on how bright the screen will be when Automatic brightness is selected.