[Q]Worth to get a Xperia T now?

Search This thread

raptor22

Feb 4, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

I currently use a Nexus 5 as a daily driver with my standard SIM. Recently I got an extra SIM from my mobile provider with additional 2GB of data, and seeing a need for a spare phone in case of a bad bay as well as maximising the extra data, thought of getting a Xperia T

I am able to get a set in very good condition, with full box and accessories at US$145. However, I would like to have some feedback on the community regarding the support and for lack of better word, "sustainability" of this device.

Mainly, I would like to know if there are any major bugs with no solution in sight in the custom ROMs, I don't wish to see the situation in the Tegra 3 devices where the lack of source code or reference causes ROM development to stall and remain stagnant.

Also, is there at least a few developers who are actively maintaining this device? No one likes a unsupported device after all.

Lastly, is the MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 still a decent chip with good source code such that it can still run ROMs into the future.

I understand that Xperia T won't get official KitKat, but as there will be other S4 powered devices that get, ROMs will eventually develop and become stable enough

Hope to get some insight and opinion in this community, thanks for reading :)

Habulin

Jan 2, 2014
Hi all,

I currently use a Nexus 5 as a daily driver with my standard SIM. Recently I got an extra SIM from my mobile provider with additional 2GB of data, and seeing a need for a spare phone in case of a bad bay as well as maximising the extra data, thought of getting a Xperia T

I am able to get a set in very good condition, with full box and accessories at US$145. However, I would like to have some feedback on the community regarding the support and for lack of better word, "sustainability" of this device.

Mainly, I would like to know if there are any major bugs with no solution in sight in the custom ROMs, I don't wish to see the situation in the Tegra 3 devices where the lack of source code or reference causes ROM development to stall and remain stagnant.

Also, is there at least a few developers who are actively maintaining this device? No one likes a unsupported device after all.

Lastly, is the MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 still a decent chip with good source code such that it can still run ROMs into the future.

I understand that Xperia T won't get official KitKat, but as there will be other S4 powered devices that get, ROMs will eventually develop and become stable enough

I would recommend you to not get this phone to be honest. If you googled a bit then you probably know about the good things already so I'll tell you my negative experiences with it.

It overheats very fast when you browse on the net or are playing games. I in particular have a problem where wifi refuses to stay connected etc. The 13mp camera is terrible compared to a 8mp camera. Might be just me again but as a gamer I am used to 60 fps and I keep seeing "flickering" on the screen. The 1 gb of ram could be more. Some people complain that the back side which has some kind of film on it (sorry for my terrible english) which can quickly get torn off but you can eliminate that problem by using a case.

I'd say that you're better of by buying a tablet with sim support if you just want to browse or buying a phone that has a bigger screen, more ram and a better cpu.

Reactions: raptor22

Ckovvi

Feb 25, 2013
In my case, i would suggest you to buy this phone. Im using this phone for a half year and its working perfectly. Its fast and camera is really good. Battery life is different, depends how you use the phone but for me it lasts day or day and half. In my opinion a great phone.

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
I'm using this phone since November 2012 and I'm personally very proud of this phone. It works reaaaally good and now after flashing OmniRom it got its second life. But now I would rather recommend you to buy something with bigger and replaceable battery especially when you plan to use this phone to browse the net using mobile data... it overheats pretty much and the battery lasts not for too long...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I would recommend you to not get this phone to be honest. If you googled a bit then you probably know about the good things already so I'll tell you my negative experiences with it.

It overheats very fast when you browse on the net or are playing games. I in particular have a problem where wifi refuses to stay connected etc. The 13mp camera is terrible compared to a 8mp camera. Might be just me again but as a gamer I am used to 60 fps and I keep seeing "flickering" on the screen. The 1 gb of ram could be more. Some people complain that the back side which has some kind of film on it (sorry for my terrible english) which can quickly get torn off but you can eliminate that problem by using a case.

I'd say that you're better of by buying a tablet with sim support if you just want to browse or buying a phone that has a bigger screen, more ram and a better cpu.
    In my case, i would suggest you to buy this phone. Im using this phone for a half year and its working perfectly. Its fast and camera is really good. Battery life is different, depends how you use the phone but for me it lasts day or day and half. In my opinion a great phone.
    I'm using this phone since November 2012 and I'm personally very proud of this phone. It works reaaaally good and now after flashing OmniRom it got its second life. But now I would rather recommend you to buy something with bigger and replaceable battery especially when you plan to use this phone to browse the net using mobile data... it overheats pretty much and the battery lasts not for too long...