Lesson for all---Flashing Radios and Pulling Batteries = Brick

Search This thread

mattbbx

May 17, 2010
Wont turn on as-in when you press the power button absolutely nothing happens?

Take the battery out and press power a few times, then put the battery back in and try again

mattbbx

May 17, 2010
no, not even vol down + power. i will bring it to a verizon store and see.

As far as I know, bricking a radio update would atleast still allow you to turn the phone on, it would just be stuck at initializing the bootloader, correct me if I'm wrong anyone--

Also I would not bring it into a verizon store. Wait until the official OTA is released, then say you had a problem with that.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
As far as I know, bricking a radio update would atleast still allow you to turn the phone on, it would just be stuck at initializing the bootloader, correct me if I'm wrong anyone--

Also I would not bring it into a verizon store. Wait until the official OTA is released, then say you had a problem with that.

thats a great idea. should i suspend my service or let it run for a month?

mattbbx

May 17, 2010

Just let your service continue as normal.

Also, silly question, I know, but have you tried variations of plugging it in/unplugging with/without battery?

And when you plug the phone in, does the charge light come on?

htc_woe_is_me

May 2, 2009

The update should be here in less than a month. Didn't you get the insurance? Just claim it lost/stolen. If you have a moral dilemma in doing that then just toss it in a dumpster or a lake. Then claim it lost/stolen.

Sent from my Rooted Incredible w/Froyo

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010

Can you hold power + optical button to boot to bootloader and recovery? If so you could possible get it fixed of you follow this guide:

http://androidforums.com/all-things...16-how-revert-back-earlier-version-hboot.html

If your phone doesnt function at all you could attempt the following.

You could just say this at a Verizon store.

I charged my phone last night, when I woke up this morning the back of the phone was extremely hot almost to hot to hold and when I tried to turn the phone on or whatever you want to say pressed the power key, etc it would not turn on or you could say your screen came on for a second and then went out and the phone powered down and would not come back on.

Or

if you have insurance just say it was stolen, lost, dropped in a lake, etc.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
The update should be here in less than a month. Didn't you get the insurance? Just claim it lost/stolen. If you have a moral dilemma in doing that then just toss it in a dumpster or a lake. Then claim it lost/stolen.

i didnt bought the insurance. i guess i will use the 2.2 OTA reason. i hope its August 6th!!

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010

Dont forget to take out your SD card first, and battery :)

mattbbx

May 17, 2010
yes and yes it could. the radio contains the big bad bootloaders. if it stopped mid update, its gone. you might try connecting usb to pc. and see if you get a device id.

I guess if that gets nuked the only way to recover it would be a manual hot-air removal and a manual reflash of the chip itself (good luck finding the papers for it), and then reflowing the chip back to the board (also assuming here it's one NAND). You'd think with the way these things work they would have a fail-over chip or something, phone falls off desk during OTA, battery goes flying. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
explain exactly what you did, and what it did. as much detail as possible.

1. i downloaded PB31IMG from the leaked 2.2 thread last night. (old pb31img). installed and got it running. he said install official OTA but none pushed to me.

so i downloaded the new PB31IMG and installed over. BUT after installed, the phone reboot and running great.

2. next, i download the leaked OTA and rename it to update *zip file*

3. i boot into recovery and start the update. after that it said something like, hit power button/reboot to continue the process. so i did. after that a green circle with arrow point counter-clockwise showed up and after a moment it turned off and on *same green icon* and off again. after that nothing happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    explain exactly what you did, and what it did. as much detail as possible.