Wall Adapter [Q]

Search This thread

Shinr3x

Jan 1, 2014
Could you guys recommend me a wall adapter?
I heard that i should get a 1500 mA one, but the best i found on amazon is Belkin Universal USB Wall Charger EU which is a 1000 mA ( i'm not allowed to post links yet, but if you search it it's impossible not to find it). I have to tell you that i can only buy it from the UK and that it needs to be a standard EU plug.

Last edited:

mjjferreira

Dec 18, 2006
Oeiras
The one amazon.de sent me charges fine, the only issue is that it turns on my device if i try to charge it when it's off. The charger is a 5v 1A.

My iPhone 5S wall charger is also a 5v 1A but it "behaves better" i guess, because when my moto G is off wheni plug it to the iPhone 5S wall charger it doesn't turn on my phone automaticaly, it charges fine and the moto g only shows the battery image on screen.

Both charge ok (1A 5v), but if i want to charge my phone when it's off i guess some chargers won't be able to do that. Maybe it's an voltage accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shinr3x

MahaDEVELOPER

Sep 25, 2013
London
Any wallcharger will do as long it is 500-1500mA but i think anything over 1500mA can be used, but the device will limit it to 1500mA.
But i wouldn't recommend anything over 1500mA as it could damage the device.
The higher the mA is the faster it will charge.
Currently im using the Sony Ericsson Live Dock DK10 to charge my Moto G but im looking for a more powerful charger.:D

Press Thanks if i have Helped!:)

mcnutty

Oct 29, 2006
Any wallcharger will do as long it is 500-1500mA but i think anything over 1500mA can be used, but the device will limit it to 1500mA.
Currently im using the Sony Ericsson Live Dock DK10 to charge my Moto G but im looking for a more powerful charger.:D

Additional amperage does not harm the device, only incorrect voltage will. The phone will only draw as much amperage as the charging chip allows.

Having said that, keep in mind that quick charging will wear out the battery faster than a slower charge.

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I'm using a 750mA, 5V Blackberry charger for mine - from empty it takes about 2hrs 45mins to fully charge, so a higher amperage should be pretty fast. Doesn't boot the phone if the phone is off.

pmzqla

Dec 24, 2013
In case anyone is wondering whether the old Apple wall charger is working or not (the one from circa 2007. I broke my other decent wall adapter...), it's working almost perfectly. It's correctly recognized as wall charger and ~1A is drawn from. That's quite surprising, It had always been wrongly detected by all the phones I tried to charge with it. The only drawback is that the device can't be charged when off, the device will simply boot as soon as it's plugged. This doesn't happen with proper wall chargers (at least on JB, I don't know if something changed with KK).

To know if a wall charger is detected as such, dial *#*#4636#*#* and see if it says "USB" instead of "CA" in the battery informations. Usually USB means lower current (~500mA) and kernel wakelocks (not always this one, it depends on how the charger is detected). That's not good.

You can also get the amount of current flowing though the battery using CurrentWidget (look for it on the Play Store) or reading the files in /sys/class/power_supply/battery/.

journeymangeek

Feb 17, 2014
The Asian dual sim version comes with a charger with a hard wired cable, rather than a micro USB cable (and interestingly, its only got 2 wires connected from what I can tell). Its 500mA, and mine uses a UK plug. I've also tried it with a HTC charger (the moto charger has a VERY long, unwieldy cable) thats also 500mA and it works too. There's no real need for a higher amperage, and it does tend to charge pretty fast.

kemboly

Aug 1, 2011
Brasília

Hi, is it possible to use the Live Dock to connect USB devices on the Moto G?
Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The one amazon.de sent me charges fine, the only issue is that it turns on my device if i try to charge it when it's off. The charger is a 5v 1A.

My iPhone 5S wall charger is also a 5v 1A but it "behaves better" i guess, because when my moto G is off wheni plug it to the iPhone 5S wall charger it doesn't turn on my phone automaticaly, it charges fine and the moto g only shows the battery image on screen.

Both charge ok (1A 5v), but if i want to charge my phone when it's off i guess some chargers won't be able to do that. Maybe it's an voltage accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additional amperage does not harm the device, only incorrect voltage will. The phone will only draw as much amperage as the charging chip allows.

Having said that, keep in mind that quick charging will wear out the battery faster than a slower charge.
    I am using the adapter of iphone 5s, it's a 1A, is it good or not?

Why nobody ever read dedicated FAQs?
    the alanct

Why nobody ever read dedicated FAQs?

thx mate