Sound Quality, Camera, Charging issues! Help.

Search This thread

yahska.3

Feb 10, 2014
So I was on the verge of buying the ZL. When I chanced upon reviews/met people at the Sony Center there to replace their phones due to these issue-

1. Black dots in the lens while clicking pictures.
2. Sound volume is very low when receiving calls.
3. While charging, the phone becomes slow and unresponsive. My brother has the Xperia SP, and I've seen the same problem with his phone. It just becomes weird and laggy. I didn't know a high end phone like the ZL is also going to have this issue.

So I want to ask, do you guys also have these problems? Were they fixed with the latest firmware update. I had finally decided on the ZL, but now I think I'm gonna go back to buy the S4 if these issues are very prominent, as the S4 seems to be an over-all winner, even though I hate it's looks. Any suggestions would be helpful!

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
So I was on the verge of buying the ZL. When I chanced upon reviews/met people at the Sony Center there to replace their phones due to these issue-

3. While charging, the phone becomes slow and unresponsive. My brother has the Xperia SP, and I've seen the same problem with his phone. It just becomes weird and laggy. I didn't know a high end phone like the ZL is also going to have this issue.

So I want to ask, do you guys also have these problems? Were they fixed with the latest firmware update. I had finally decided on the ZL, but now I think I'm gonna go back to buy the S4 if these issues are very prominent, as the S4 seems to be an over-all winner, even though I hate it's looks. Any suggestions would be helpful!

1.u have a bad charger or adapter change it
2.sound volume decreases after 4.3 update
3.chk with another camera app it still probleam is there take it to service centre

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Sound volume decreases even more after update? That is bad news.:eek:

IF ur on 4.1.2?! download soundmeter app from play store on any other device and check your phone ringing level it should be aroung 78 dB
NOTE-(ACTUALLY I DIDNT HAVE A 4.2 UPDATE I DIRECTLY UPDATED TO 4.3 MAY BE SOUND LEVEL DECREASES AFTER 4.2 UPDATE AND I NOTICED IT IN 4.3)

yahska.3

Feb 10, 2014
IF ur on 4.1.2?! download soundmeter app from play store on any other device and check your phone ringing level it should be aroung 78 dB
NOTE-(ACTUALLY I DIDNT HAVE A 4.2 UPDATE I DIRECTLY UPDATED TO 4.3 MAY BE SOUND LEVEL DECREASES AFTER 4.2 UPDATE AND I NOTICED IT IN 4.3)

I was talking about In-call volume and quality, not the speaker volume.

dmeerpa

Jul 12, 2013
Aalst

The Black dots in the lens while clicking pictures is a known hardware problem.
I have it to. It's seems a problem with the sensor itself. When you look at you pictures, you will notice that the black dots are sharp and not blurry, so it's impossible that it comes from some dust in the phone, otherwise the dots should be blurry because they are to close to the sensor to focus on.

I also find the sound very low during phone calls, and there is also a noise on the line what makes it even harder to understand some people.

schnidex

Jun 3, 2011

I've never seen any of those issues. But I have had lots of others.

I love what this phone should be. I don't love what it is. On the strength of my experience, I cannot recommend this phone. Others will probably say different.

Reactions: yahska.3

ThuCommix

Jul 25, 2012
I never had issues with my phone. May they differ in factory time..

Sent from my C6503 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: yahska.3

ren2008

Jun 10, 2008
No issues here either.

No black dots, no charging issue. In call volume could be louder but that is not an hardware issue, still its louder than my Galaxy Nexus.

yahska.3

Feb 10, 2014
No issues here either.

No black dots, no charging issue. In call volume could be louder but that is not an hardware issue, still its louder than my Galaxy Nexus.
Did you buy your phone recently? And which country, if I may ask?

When did you buy yours, recently?

I love what this phone should be. I don't love what it is. On the strength of my experience, I cannot recommend this phone. Others will probably say different.

Exactly man. I really like it. But there were 2-3 people at the shop with these issues. Had it been any other issue, I wouldn't have minded, but if the basic functions such as calls and camera have issues. Then :confused:

The Black dots in the lens while clicking pictures is a known hardware problem.
I have it to. It's seems a problem with the sensor itself. When you look at you pictures, you will notice that the black dots are sharp and not blurry, so it's impossible that it comes from some dust in the phone, otherwise the dots should be blurry because they are to close to the sensor to focus on.

I also find the sound very low during phone calls, and there is also a noise on the line what makes it even harder to understand some people.

Did you try to get it fixed/replaced? How about the earphones, good enough with music?

Also, guys. Is the S4 a good choice. I don't like the looks and the UI. But overall, it looks like a complete phone, complete package. Opinions?

Last edited:

dmeerpa

Jul 12, 2013
Aalst
Did you buy your phone recently? And which country, if I may ask?

When did you buy yours, recently?

Exactly man. I really like it. But there were 2-3 people at the shop with these issues. Had it been any other issue, I wouldn't have minded, but if the basic functions such as calls and camera have issues. Then :confused:

Did you try to get it fixed/replaced? How about the earphones, good enough with music?

Also, guys. Is the S4 a good choice. I don't like the looks and the UI. But overall, it looks like a complete phone, complete package. Opinions?

I'm from Belgium and bought it in Germany at the Phone House. I already tried during 3 months to get the IR blaster and a back cover that loses it's skin to be repaired without succes. I was so angry that I'm actually not jumping to go back to Germany ( a trip of 1h45) for again a battle with the Phone House to get my stuff repaired and working. And a couple of months without my phone.

I will never buy at the Phone house again, sometimes I'm thinking of buying a HTC One or the Asus PadPhone 3 and then bring back the Xperia for a new try to repair my Phone.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
Hmmm...

So, I bought my 6506 via the bitcoinstore... I don't remember who the back end wholesaler is who fulfills their orders.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues with black spots on the camera, haven't really had any issues with call volume, never really had any problem with my phone being unresponsive or sluggish while charging.

Depending on the activity while it's charging it can get somewhat warm... (performing a nand backup while charging are what I'm mostly thinking of...)

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Its a solid phone. But its too old and has too many issues to consider the ZL. The s4 is solid. Has a faster processor, better camera, better screen, and best of all, A REMOVABLE BATTERY!! I am not a Samsung fan by any means. Only had the s2 and galaxy nexus. But they were both solid, except the screen burn in on the galaxy nexus :s

So far my only actual issue with the ZL is the black dots in the camera (screenshot). As for call volume issues, I haven't run stock software since the 4.1.2 JB it came with. I use AOSP based ROMs. And I have no call quality issues or laggy charging problems.

vumuhy8u.jpg

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

acsakvith

Jan 17, 2011
Colombo
Sorry

No such issue.. Volume is very good. way better than XZ.
No camera and charging issues.. Running 4.3 101

4n Is from Ukrain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was talking about In-call volume and quality, not the speaker volume.
    ohh sry, thats normal in zl