[GUIDE]Factory Images (JB-ICS-GB) [i9020T][i9023][i9020a][m200]

Search This thread

Pi3rluigi

Sep 21, 2011
Turin
estrai due volte il file che hai scaricato .targz. una volta estratto vedi 3 o 4 file. copiali sciolti in platform tools e riprova

I've got the 3 files:bootloader.img,radio.img and image-soju.zip
but it seems usb related,maybe fastcharge in matr1x kernel
restoring right now stock 4.0.3 nandroid backup,and then I will try another time

Ieatnoobs

Apr 21, 2011
Houston, TX
This has probably been answered already but just to confirm: can I use this image to revert back to stock on. I9020 the att version?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

kapieper

Mar 30, 2012
Thanks a lot!

Thank you for the 'how to' and the download link. Worked fine for me!
I am still restoring my data (unlocked bootloader for the first time), but hey, after all that 'error 7' with the updatefile i did not want to wait, until Google brings the OTA to Germany.

Hey Google, this is bad service, that really sucks! But thank you all at xdadevelopers

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010
It is google that released these factory images after 17 months of legal stuff to have the rights to do so. But I guess its easier to blame Google than the person behind the keyboard.

Mobil3

Sep 13, 2008
Hi, it worked well, except that it wiped all my data (I did it without the -w option!!!)
Updated from stock 4.0.3 on 9023, enjoying a 'brand new' Nexus S :eek:

kamikaze666

Nov 9, 2010
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
I can safely say that the I9023 can enjoy the Factory Image goodness :D Installed it, no hiccups, no errors, works like a charm and as long as all I9023 are the same, hardware wise (which they should be) then nobody should have any issues with installing 4.0.4 factory image through fastboot :) (Unless you are afraid of cmd.exe :)) )

michalurban

Jul 11, 2010
Near Prague
fastboot -w update image-soju-imm76d.zip

Is there a way to stop the automatic reboot after this command? I wrote a script which would unlock the bootloader, flash everything required for the upgrade to 404 and then lock the bootloader again. But afted flashing the imm76d update the phone restarts by itself so it doesnt lock.

Its no big deal of course, Im just curious ...

Last edited:

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
Many thanks to the OP, I followed the instructions and upgraded my Australian Vodafone I9023 to 4.0.4 (i was on manually installed 4.0.3 before) and it works great.

Screen rotation is much quicker on 4.0.4 compared to my wife's I9023 still on 4.0.3.

I never had any issues with battery life but it will be interesting to see how they compare.

TheHeeyyy

Apr 3, 2012
I'm on a Mac,but this should not matter;my phone is running CM9_4.0
I've just downloaded the last SDK and installed it;as request also downloaded the platform-tools.
The first command "reboot bootloader" runs properly,the phone turns off and rebooted in bootloader screen.
The second command line "desktop/sdk/platform-tools/fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crespo-i9020xxkl1.img"
gave this as result "error: cannot load 'bootloader-crespo-i9020xxkl1.img'"

And if I run this"desktop/sdk/platform-tools/adb get-state"
I got this:unknown
instead of one of this 3 option offline | bootloader | device
Any advice will be apprecieted

I am having the exact same problem (but I am using Windows 7, and my Nexus S is running stock Android 4.0.3). I have all the files extracted in the same folder as fastboot is in, but the problem still persists. Can anyone offer advice?

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
Can anyone offer advice?

Just a thought, but maybe you need to run both the adb process and the fastboot commands as root (or Administrator in Windows)?

I could be wrong, although I had a similar, but not quite the same error message in Ubuntu.

EDIT: Is your bootloader unlocked? "fastboot oem unlock"

Last edited:

TheHeeyyy

Apr 3, 2012
Just a thought, but maybe you need to run both the adb process and the fastboot commands as root (or Administrator in Windows)?

I could be wrong, although I had a similar, but not quite the same error message in Ubuntu.

EDIT: Is your bootloader unlocked? "fastboot oem unlock"

Just tried running command prompt in administrator mode, and I got the same result (error: cannot load 'bootloader-crespo-i9020xxkl1.img'). And yes, my bootloader is unlocked. Any other ideas?

TheHeeyyy

Apr 3, 2012
Sorry i'm no expert. I upgraded mine mostly out of luck.

Is ADB running? What model number of the Nexus S do you have?

I am not sure if adb is running properly. I was able to execute "adb reboot bootloader" correctly, but when i run "adb get-state" in the bootlader I get an "unknown" message. My Nexus S is model i9020t. I hope that information helps clarify the problem I am having.

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
I am not sure if adb is running properly. I was able to execute "adb reboot bootloader" correctly, but when i run "adb get-state" in the bootlader I get an "unknown" message. My Nexus S is model i9020t. I hope that information helps clarify the problem I am having.

I dont know. Put debug USB on, reinstall adb driver on PC, control you have adb.exe and fastboot.exe and at the end do adb device with phone linked

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney

Is USB Debugging enabled on the Nexus in the Settings\Developer Options?

I haven't set up the tools in Windows before, but I found these guides which might help. That's all the help I can give. Good luck.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-install-adb-on-windows-full-guide/
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-adb-and-how-to-install-it-android/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    i decide to write this guide and to collect all the future Factory Images for Nexus S (i9020T,i9023,i9020a,m200)
    Once installed them you retourn 100% stock.
    This is usefull in case you don't want to wait official OTA or you have to use warranty for some problem or you like a really clean install.
    Since Android 4.0 IceCreamSandwich you can't install OTA via update.zip method in stock recovery because is no more possible. If you try via stock recovery you get "error status 7" (this problem is corrected only if you use ClockWorkMod Recovery).
    Then is necessary to use Factory Image provided by Google.

Factory Images:​

JZO54K Android 4.1.2 Factory Image "soju" for Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020T,i9023)
    MD5 Checksum 788233dca5954532acda63039f814b4d

IMM76D Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "soju" for Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020T,i9023)
    MD5 Checksum 414d80b4ed221f3c183d48b25ed16a19

GRK39F Android 2.3.6 Factory Image "soju" for Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020T,i9023)
    MD5 Checksum e255b3373e1b96d5722ef35759c4b393

JZO54K Android 4.1.2 Factory Image "sojua" for Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a)
    MD5 Checksum 9cceb30ac64c914c06df5d16f5af2a52

IMM76D Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "sojua" for Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a)
    MD5 Checksum 3e73b10ffc07bf727c604965ea8346ce

GRK39F Android 2.3.6 Factory Image "sojua" for Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a)
    MD5 Checksum eeaaadb90fbc113fd8b7aa78ddb7d154

JRO03E Android 4.1.1 Factory Image "sojuk" for Nexus S (Korea version, m200)
    MD5 Checksum 3f31acd14b3b464881886d2e8d2d94f4

IMM76D Android 4.0.4 Factory Image "sojuk" for Nexus S (Korea version, m200)
    MD5 Checksum 393b47d3389232ce4388d019b3ce344b

GRK39F Android 2.3.6 Factory Image "sojuk" for Nexus S (Korea version, m200)
    MD5 Checksum e25b1e8ee70a7820d3947e056715068f

How to install:

Requirements:
    -Android SDK
    -Java JDK
    -Platform-Tools
    -Unlocked bootloader ("fastboot oem unlock" pay attention, wipes everything, also SD card)
    -experience with adb and fastboot

NOTICE: If you never used the sdk, the jdk, fastboot and adb, before installing the factory image YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW this guide in order to get sdk and unlock bootloader.
    From this guide YOU NEED ONLY PART 1 and PART 2 (maybe in the guide speaks about "tools" now is "platform-tools")

Now you can proceed to install the Factory Image

On Windows:

1) copy the ecxtracted files (two times with 7zip) on android-sdk/platform-tools/ (this is important, if you dont unzip it, dont complain about "radio couldnt be loaded")
    2) run a cmd and moves in "platform-tools" folder
    3) write those command:

4A) If you are coming from a custom rom, this wipe your data/cache:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crespo-********.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot flash radio radio-crespo-********.img
    fastboot -w update image-********.zip

if you want relock the bootloader (not necessary, only for warranty) do also these two step:

fastboot oem lock

4B) If you are coming from another stock rom (official older OTA unrooted), this doen't wipe your data/cache:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crespo-********.img
    fastboot flash radio radio-crespo-********.img
    fastboot update image-********.zip

if you want relock the bootloader (not necessary, only for warranty) do also these two step:

fastboot oem lock

On Linux, Mac:

1) copy the ecxtracted files (two times with 7zip) on android-sdk/platform-tools/ (this is important, if you dont unzip it, dont complain about "radio couldnt be loaded")
    2) run a terminal and moves in "platform-tools" folder
    3) write those command:

chmod +x flash-all.sh
    ./flash-all.sh

"flash-all.sh" wipes your data (it contains fastboot -w update, if you want to remove/change it edit with notepad++)
    "flash-base.sh" flashes only the bootloader and the radio.

NOTICE:
    1) Instead of ******** you have to put the name of the files you download.
    2) somebody is aking why "adb reboot bootloader" each passages. Is not essential, but some people think it is better, maybe is only a superstition.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A THANKS :)

WARNING! DON'T DO THESE THING IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BRICKED NEXUS S OR SIMILAR
    What's the difference between the JRO03E and JRO03L builds?

JRO03L was the delayed OTA released to Vodafone Australia customers. I believe it resolves a regulatory requirement to indicate only emergency calls are possible when no SIM card is present in the device. The JRO03L build displays 'Emergency calls only' in the notification curtain, JRO03E does not.

There are other minor bug fixes, but I haven't noticed any. I have JRO03L, but my wife has JRO03E (forced the delayed OTA by inserting a Thai SIM card)

I think is the culprit; check the diff for source comments:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/ef5d26119141b17c9b3879a1b6e36e6bb3fd931c

It will be interesting to see if further OTA's arrive at the same time as they have different builds.
    Time to add JB:)

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
    mirror

Here's a mirror for the soju version, in case someone has hard time downloading:
    http://stockroms.net/file/NexusS/GSM/4.0.4/soju-imm76d-factory-ca4ae9ee.tgz