[Q] Is this even full Sense?

Search This thread

ahmed_ais

Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys ..

I'm coming from Sense 4.1 so I have no idea how things evolved through Sense 4+, Sense 5, Sense 5.5, and finally landing to Sense 6. However, I'm missing MANY 4x4 widgets (mail, messages, Tasks, Notes (though the app is absent either), etc.). May anybody tell me where are these widgets?

I'm also missing weather clock full screen animation ... I'm confused!

Thanks!

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
sense has become much leaner over the iterations, many of those things are just gone now.

you can replace some things with 3rd party apps...

Reactions: liffchek

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
Guys! @adiliyo and @ahmedsalahais
Since you brought this!
Does sense 6 still have many modes for locksreen like before? (album photo, Facebook updates, stock, etc...)
If not, does it still at least display all notifications on locksreen (like it did in notifications locksreen type in old sense) or only missed call and message?
Thx!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
Since you brought this!
Does sense 6 still have many modes for locksreen like before? (album photo, Facebook updates, stock, etc...)
If not, does it still at least display all notifications on locksreen (like it did in notifications locksreen type in old sense) or only missed call and message?
Thx!

no, those modes aren't there in the same way as the original sense. much of it has to do with the way lock screens are handled in 4.x you can add lock screen widgets to show many of those things, and in a way it's better this way as you can have multiple lock screens by just swiping to the left and right

Reactions: Life Engineer

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
no, those modes aren't there in the same way as the original sense. much of it has to do with the way lock screens are handled in 4.x you can add lock screen widgets to show many of those things, and in a way it's better this way as you can have multiple lock screens by just swiping to the left and right

Yes but I've read somewhere in here that you cannot delete stock locksreen widget! Instead you can only swipe left of right to get to widgets you've added!
Is this true?

One more thing, if pattern locksreen is assigned, can you still see the missed notifications or you are directly presented to the dots pattern instead when you turn the screen on?

Thx!

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
I haven't been able to remove the stock screen, but supposedly some people have, which is odd. I'm not sure how the sequence is with a pattern or pin lock as I don't use them...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Life Engineer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sense has become much leaner over the iterations, many of those things are just gone now.

That's a bummer ... I pay HTC for premium build and the mighty sense UI ...

Thank you anyway :)
    Since you brought this!
    Thx!

I haven't been able to remove the stock screen, but supposedly some people have, which is odd. I'm not sure how the sequence is with a pattern or pin lock as I don't use them...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk