[Q] Need to Un-Root HTC One Cspire m7_wls PLEASE ADVISE

Search This thread

ShiftStride

Mar 23, 2014
Hello,

I need some help guys, looked on YouTube, the forums, and even went to a couple shops around town. However, I am afraid I have to post here. Sorry if I am just too stupid. Sometimes that is the case LOL :silly:

So I was in Memphis, TN and had an iPhone. Then, I got a job in San Diego and had to move there. I went into Cspire to inform them that my friend told me that there was Cspire would not work out there, from personal experience. The butthead at the store reassured me multiple times that Cspire would work in San Diego, and that I would be better off getting a new LTE phone to make sure it worked. It rooted it and put Kit Kat on it before flying out to SD.

Long story short the guy was an idiot. So was I. I arrived in San Diego a couple days ago to find out that my phone would not work out here. I have tried everything I can think of, and can not even get the phone to work on WiFi for whatever reason. Anyone know how to get it to that by chance ?

Anyway, I need to cancel my line of service and unroot my phone but can not for the life of me figure it out.

Please help.

This is my phones info. Help greatly appreciated ! Also, my friend had Cspire and told me about a similar situation he was in. He told me that after arguing with Cspire and troubleshooting his phone multiple times with several reps he finally got them to cancel his line of service and waive the fee.

I think I will have to send the phone back to them, or be selling an HTC One.

Also, I have a Tmobile Line that works out here. It has a sim card. Can I use that in this phone ?

Please help me guys and thank you so very much. This community is one of the best. On a side note I think I am going to get an Oppo. What do you guys think about that ?

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 1.00.20.0913_3
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno:
imei:
meid:
product: m7_wls Your phone variant
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0720000 Your MID
cidnum: UTSI_005 Your CID (C-Spire)
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 3801mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-005bf6a40e
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
(...)

It rooted it and put Kit Kat on it before flying out to SD.

(...)

Anyway, I need to cancel my line of service and unroot my phone but can not for the life of me figure it out.

(...)

Also, I have a Tmobile Line that works out here. It has a sim card. Can I use that in this phone ?

Like I said in your other thread last week, there is no RUU or nandroid backup available to restore a C-Spire HTC One to stock rom. IRC, you have flashed a custom M7wls rom last week. Now your phone is not stock rom and can't be returned to this state unless C-Spire release their RUU. They will probably not accept it back because you tampered it and chances to find someone to purchase it are slim.

You'll probably won't be able to use your T-Mob sim card in that phone as its a CDMA phone (M7WLS variant), not a GSM (M7_UL) and Its probably carrier locked to C-Spire. Maybe you could try to sim-unlock it and try the t-mob sim card.

Reactions: ShiftStride

ShiftStride

Mar 23, 2014
@alray

Like I said in your other thread last week, there is no RUU or nandroid backup available to restore a C-Spire HTC One to stock rom. IRC, you have flashed a custom M7wls rom last week. Now your phone is not stock rom and can't be returned to this state unless C-Spire release their RUU. They will probably not accept it back because you tampered it and chances to find someone to purchase it are slim.

You'll probably won't be able to use your T-Mob sim card in that phone as its a CDMA phone (M7WLS variant), not a GSM (M7_UL) and Its probably carrier locked to C-Spire. Maybe you could try to sim-unlock it and try the t-mob sim card.

Thanks again man! I figured that might be the case but again thank you for the help. I currently do not get service out here so legally Cspire has to cancel my contract.ract.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (...)

It rooted it and put Kit Kat on it before flying out to SD.

(...)

(...)