[Q] Xperia V: Low Bluetooth In-Call Volume

Search This thread

Elarion

Sep 23, 2013
Hey together,

I own an Xperia V and want to use it in my car to be able to make calls without touching my phone.
In my car I have a Becker igo8 navigation system (active 43 control).

The problem is that even if I set the volume to max at the becker and the xperia, the in-call volume is really low.
Low means enough when the car is standing still, howewer no way to hear something at 30km/h or more.

I'm currently at Rizal's Rom (Lovins X Z2, A.2.5) and here are the things I've tried:
--> Practically any app on the appstore --> none boosted the volume
--> Viper --> Really nice, however regarding bluetooth it only boost the music volume not the incall volume

--> Modified the snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3-File. I've tried manually editing the parameters (RX Digital Volume) and also
used modified versions by other authors.
With a modified file I had it louder for one week. Then I wanted to write an android-app which changed the settings. By the time I was finished, the volume did reset itself to standard values (I don't know why), meaning that again it is pretty low.
I can't reproduce what I did to get it load again. I sat in my car for hours, trying to change parameters, save, reboot and test by making a call.

Next try: using the AlsaMixer-App from the market. While a call was active (mailbox) I changed __every__ setting which included "volume" in its name, I could find to the max that alsamixer told me. While I could change the speaker-volume this way, I wasn't really sucessful regarding bluetooth incall-volume.
One setting "Voice Rx Volume" I could change in between 0 and 5. When setting it to 5 it didn't change, however when I lowered the incall-volume with the slider and then increased it again, the volume was louder. Loader in this case however isn't nearly enough to make a call while driving. It also isn't nearly that load as it was before when playing around with the snd_soc-file.

One note: while I did all those tests, I was on Rizals old version of the rom. Now I am on the new version A.2.5). Don't know if that makes any difference.

This is why I am asking you for help. Any ideas? I would really love to be able to make calls, as it only is a matter of volume...

Cheers

Elarion

Sep 23, 2013
One note:

Adding ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10 to build.prop also doesn't change anything.
I could find out via logcat that:
the "stream" responsible is "Voice RX Volume". Apparently 0 is the maximum, the higher the value the smaller the volume. Via alsamixer 5 is the lowest, by using the buttons on the phone in call, logcat displays level 100 at minimum. 0 is the maximum in both cases.
So, how to actually boost that Voice RX volume? I cannot find it in snd_soc_sms's fusion3-file.

Any ideas?

Reactions: bncewty34

r_james_s

Nov 27, 2012
Hi Elarion,

Did you ever find a solution to your low call volume? I have the same problem on my Xperia T, volume on the Bluetooth headset is ridiculously low and I need to fix it!

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One note:

Adding ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10 to build.prop also doesn't change anything.
    I could find out via logcat that:
    the "stream" responsible is "Voice RX Volume". Apparently 0 is the maximum, the higher the value the smaller the volume. Via alsamixer 5 is the lowest, by using the buttons on the phone in call, logcat displays level 100 at minimum. 0 is the maximum in both cases.
    So, how to actually boost that Voice RX volume? I cannot find it in snd_soc_sms's fusion3-file.

Any ideas?