[ROM] Skimp Killah Super Kang Project 1.3 (2-2-12) CM7 Status Bar Fixed

Search This thread

CodenameDeadpool

Dec 8, 2011
Ok liking the rom for the most part after a bout 6 hours ive had the device "crash" where the launcher crashes the nexus animation starts and it launcher reopens? Also had one lock up where i couldnt wake the kindle and had to power down and back on. Also, how do you turn the volume up and down?!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Just had the crash happen

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

I've had a bunch of problems with this rom, crashes that flash the nexus load screen market issues, lcd no turning off. Sorry I've gotta go back to whistlestops, much more stable in my opinon. looking good, but needs lots of work

Nissan350

Aug 11, 2010
Crystal, MN
Does anyone know why my fire hangs on shutdown? I hold power button to shut it down and after i press "OK", it says "powering off" then goes into a black screen with the back light on. I always have to end up holding the power button for about 10 seconds to shut it off... anyone having this problem? I am running this ROM but it has happened on the other CM7 ROMs as well. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

worldwidepmp

May 9, 2008
Washington, D.C.
Does anyone know why my fire hangs on shutdown? I hold power button to shut it down and after i press "OK", it says "powering off" then goes into a black screen with the back light on. I always have to end up holding the power button for about 10 seconds to shut it off... anyone having this problem? I am running this ROM but it has happened on the other CM7 ROMs as well. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I had that same problem, really surprised it's just now being mentioned.

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
How much better than the Whistlestop ROM? I'm pretty happy with that? Is this ROM worth a try?

I would not say better, but faster with the tweaked kernel and smoother scrolling. It has been rock solid for me since 1.3. I did full wipe install and restore only apps.

Using Tapatalk on a Kindle Fire w CM7 ROM

closurez

Jun 29, 2011
Just had the crash happen

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

I've had a bunch of problems with this rom, crashes that flash the nexus load screen market issues, lcd no turning off. Sorry I've gotta go back to whistlestops, much more stable in my opinon. looking good, but needs lots of work

Im sure im just blind but can you link me to whistlestops icant seem to find it.

*edit i am blind lol, does whistlestops force you to use twrp? Im on cwm at the moment

Last edited:

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
It's a kernel issue - see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22078118&postcount=621

Reactions: Nissan350

CodenameDeadpool

Dec 8, 2011
Not trying to sh*t on the op's thread or rom...

Im sure im just blind but can you link me to whistlestops icant seem to find it.

*edit i am blind lol, does whistlestops force you to use twrp? Im on cwm at the moment

Here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1390773

As far as I know, you can use either TWRP(which I have) or CWM. It's pretty much rock solid.

Last edited:

sneef

Jan 29, 2009
Hey, I wanted to try your KANG of cm7 but as the guy above said, the link is to a domain that's currently parked by godaddy.

Help? Mirror? Thanks!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on the latest CM7 commits by WhistleStop and IngCr3at1on.
    Kernel by IntersectRaven
    ICS Keyboard by for.digit
    ICS Theme by joenathane
    Google Apps included
    Unused APK's removed (phone, mms, dsp manager, etc.)
    Galaxy Nexus boot animation
    I will try to update this as often as possible, and any time something new and exciting comes out for the kindle I will be asking for permission and KANGing that **** on in.

Download the Super Kang Project

Version 1.3
    Status bar force close issue fixed, for real.
    Still Awesome.

Version 1.2
    Changed Kernel to IntersectRavens.
    Should fix SOD issue, and USB mounting now works.

I wipe everything before I flash.
    If you don't see the Market, go into accounts and sync settings and add your google account. Thank you to DalekCaan for figuring that out.
    To enable the ICS theme just go into theme chooser and switch it to the ICS one.

A big thank you to everyone who did the actual work, I just compiled it and moved a few files around,

I'll pull the new repos later tonight and update the ROM, and hopefully that will fix the status bar issue.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    That's odd, I'm showing 1200 in cm settings and setCPU. I'm wondering if I uploaded the wrong zip possibly.

I just flashed this. SetCPU for me gives 1200. Version is 1.2 just downloaded about 6 hours ago.

@chairshot215, you might doublecheck the Settings, Cyanogenmod settings, performance, and make sure that set at boot is not checked there. I had problems with the whistlestop ROM when I missed that.
    I get off work early today so I'll apply the status bar patch and mess with a few other things.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    Agreed, but the status bar FC drove me back to the whistelstop version temporarily. I started getting them one after another to about 10 or 12 and it would not come back without a reboot. Hoping to see the fix tonight. :)

The bug itself is related to the lockscreen being disabled (which is defaulted in our device tree) another temporary solution (until skimp updates local repos that is) would be to enable the lockscreen under cm settings > tablet tweaks.