Is there a bypass to root XXUBMJ7 with Knox?

Search This thread
M

Mortitheon

I rooted and the KNOX was 0x1 . Now I flashed a new ROM twice, and I got KNOX to 0x0.

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia
I would also like an answer on this.

I don't much care for installing CWM/TWRP or custom roms (for now). All I want is to root my wife's i9195 without tripping knox or bricking the phone. The main purpose would be to use apps that require root (TB, SD Maid, etc), get rid of bloatware and make it a bit more battery friendly.

I bought an I9192 yesterday with MK4. I rooted with saferoot....the updated one on P4 post # 36. I followed the instructions and at the end it said that Knox was disabled. In download mode the counter was still at 0x0. I then flashed TWRP from this forum and my Knox counter is still at 0x0 and the phone works fine....FYI. From reading the thread about saferoot, if it cant root your phone, no harm will be done.

Reactions: OGroteKoning

vexorian

Feb 24, 2014
Saferoot

Hi, I also used Saferoot ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758 ) to root my Galaxy S4 mini duos with UBUBMK4 firmware. Since it works through ADB instead of Odin it doesn't trigger Knox. Should work just as well for non-duos version.

I wish Safe root was the first google hit for S4 mini duos root, unfortunately it was instead the method that flashes another kernel before putting the root. Not only does it trigger KNOX, wifi doesn't work in some regions after using that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't much care for installing CWM/TWRP or custom roms (for now). All I want is to root my wife's i9195 without tripping knox or bricking the phone. The main purpose would be to use apps that require root (TB, SD Maid, etc), get rid of bloatware and make it a bit more battery friendly.

Check your firmware version (settings -> about phone).
    If it's MJ7 or higher, rooting and flashing will trip your knox counter. It's irreversible, and there's no way to prevent it (yet).
    If you have old firmware you can root your phone without upping the counter (unless Samsung has hidden something that nobody found out yet).
    So if you have older firmware, don't update it.

The method on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980 won't brick your phone.

I bought an I9192 yesterday with MK4. I rooted with saferoot....the updated one on P4 post # 36. I followed the instructions and at the end it said that Knox was disabled. In download mode the counter was still at 0x0. I then flashed TWRP from this forum and my Knox counter is still at 0x0 and the phone works fine....FYI. From reading the thread about saferoot, if it cant root your phone, no harm will be done.