[ROM] XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 7 (23.05.14) *Truly Stable, Fast & Buttery Smooth* Like

Search This thread

iceandfire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2010
NCR
iceandfire.co
Re: [ROM] XenonHD Stable-5.0 (23.02.13)

Flash Franco Kernel or change the color settings from galaxy nexus settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

tattedupboy

Jan 5, 2011

Does this ROM have the expanded desktop option?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cmajpwc

Jan 5, 2011
o.O
Okay so maybe I missed something but I installed v5.0 and can't find the HDR setting on the camera app. It said in the instructions not to replace the camera app with the one in the gapps so is there a new version of gapps that I need? I flashed the 12/12/12 ones.

Okay so maybe I missed something but I installed v5.0 and can't find the HDR setting on the camera app. It said in the instructions not to replace the camera app with the one in the gapps so is there a new version of gapps that I need? I flashed the 12/12/12 ones.
Flash the camera mod posted. also look on http://d-h.st/users/iceandfire in the fix section
Why does the XenonHD statistics page (http://iceandfire.co/stats/stats) show a 2-24-13 build when the only one I can find is 2-23-13?
probably because we forgot to update it.....

hexto

Aug 13, 2008
Middletown, CT

Just flashed for the first time tonight. Very impressed so far. Still trying to figure out why it tells me my Wi-Fi connection is poor with 4 bars and only 12ft away from router. If I can figure that out and get as good battery life as PA I'll be using permanently as I really like it's speed and mods

PS
Using Franco kernel

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Cameras not working?

When I unlock the phone after booting, I instantly get an error message that the Gallery app has stopped working. If I try to use the camera, the app says that Gallery has stopped and the camera app then exits. Third-party camera apps don't work either (usually with a 'cannot connect to camera' error). I can start the Gallery app itself and view photos, etc... but if I hit the Camera button inside the Gallery, the Gallery again crashes.

I installed Skype to see if the front camera would work, but as soon as I login, Skype crashes.

This has been occurring over the last few Xenon HD releases. I did a complete wipe before installing the new 02/23 v. 5.0 update, but the same problems are still there (no other apps have even been installed yet). I tried deleting cache and data for the Gallery app, and also tried deleting all cache and fixing permissions from within TWRP - no change.

The only other odd thing is that after doing the full wipe and flashing 02/23, I'm also now seeing an error message about the Android system itself crashing after a reboot. That causes the screen color settings to get messed up - blue is somehow reduced to about half what red and green are, and I have to reset it with the Galaxy Nexus settings. (This wasn't happening in earlier versions.)

Has anyone else had camera problems over the last few releases - and did you find a solution? I've tried everything i can think of, but nothing seems to make any difference. With a totally clean install, I can't see why any of these things are happening. Any and all advice would sure be appreciated!

aperseghin

Jul 19, 2012
ok a few issues.

#1 the "use dark theme" option in the default messaging app does nothing
#2 definite lag issues with default kernel (im going to flash franco) [i know you already know this im just confirming]

I still use this rom as my daily drievr and will continue to do so because its amazing

tattedupboy

Jan 5, 2011

This ROM was EXTREMELY slow and laggy when I tried it (stock kernel, and yes, I did do a full wipe prior to flashing). Any idea why?

Sent from my Acer Iconia A200 tab using Tapatalk HD

When I unlock the phone after booting, I instantly get an error message that the Gallery app has stopped working. If I try to use the camera, the app says that Gallery has stopped and the camera app then exits. Third-party camera apps don't work either (usually with a 'cannot connect to camera' error). I can start the Gallery app itself and view photos, etc... but if I hit the Camera button inside the Gallery, the Gallery again crashes.

I installed Skype to see if the front camera would work, but as soon as I login, Skype crashes.

This has been occurring over the last few Xenon HD releases. I did a complete wipe before installing the new 02/23 v. 5.0 update, but the same problems are still there (no other apps have even been installed yet). I tried deleting cache and data for the Gallery app, and also tried deleting all cache and fixing permissions from within TWRP - no change.

The only other odd thing is that after doing the full wipe and flashing 02/23, I'm also now seeing an error message about the Android system itself crashing after a reboot. That causes the screen color settings to get messed up - blue is somehow reduced to about half what red and green are, and I have to reset it with the Galaxy Nexus settings. (This wasn't happening in earlier versions.)

Has anyone else had camera problems over the last few releases - and did you find a solution? I've tried everything i can think of, but nothing seems to make any difference. With a totally clean install, I can't see why any of these things are happening. Any and all advice would sure be appreciated!

1. Are you completely wiping as asked? Also have you redownloaded the rom and checked the md5 before you flash/
2. the camera apps both work fine on mine. Are you flashing the correct gapps package?
3. Skype works flawlessly on my end.
Screenshot_2013-02-25-09-50-25.png

Terrell1433

Nov 29, 2012
Grand Prairie
ok a few issues.

#1 the "use dark theme" option in the default messaging app does nothing
#2 definite lag issues with default kernel (im going to flash franco) [i know you already know this im just confirming]

I still use this rom as my daily drievr and will continue to do so because its amazing

To answer your first statement. The dark them is for the quick reply message. it should have a default white background and when you check that option the entire box will be blacked out.

On a side note. Would it be possible to get the BB10 lock screen on this ROM?

1. Are you completely wiping as asked? Also have you redownloaded the rom and checked the md5 before you flash/
2. the camera apps both work fine on mine. Are you flashing the correct gapps package?
3. Skype works flawlessly on my end.
Answers:
1- Yes, I did read the directions and did a complete wipe (aka "factory reset" in TWRC recovery terminology); and yes, I have a clean ROM download with the right md5.
2- Yes, I installed the 20121212 GApps for 4.2.1 - same one I've been using for quite awhile now. It's also clean with the right md5.
3- I mentioned Skype because it shows that neither camera is working - I don't think there's any problem with Skype itself, but do suspect that the same problem is affecting both the front and rear cameras?

It's weird: I first ran into the camera issues several months ago, but they mysteriously went away a week or two later without my doing anything special. Camera worked fine for a month or so, but the same issues have resurfaced and this time I can't find any way to fix them.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Horizon presents​
    F3LTwUN.jpg

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Base : KitKat 4.4.2 : FULL AOSP BASE FROM SOURCE.
    It's Rockstable,Blazing fast.
    and now Buttery Smooth too!

Download in post #2
    Changelog in post #3
    Screen shots in post #4

Team Horizon:
    Adam80460
    iceandfire
    TheBr0ken
    PCarenza
    T-Macgnolia

Thanks to:
    AOSP
    Cyanogenmod
    AOKP
    Peter Alfonso
    CarbonDev
    ParanoidAndroid
    enricocid (Boot animation)

Source:
    Github
    Download:
    http://www.xenonhd.com/downloads/

Gapps:
    http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps

Clean wipe is recommended!!

Official XenonHD site:
    http://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD Settings backup tool:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xehd.backup

Donate by buying this app from Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.th.xenonhdsupport

Please read this before asking dumb questions again and again:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2075368

Like my Facebook page:
    http://goo.gl/aUaJh

Join our community on Google+:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/110254322179967248992

Please donate me if you like my work. :)
    Screenshots

Screenshots

Support us! Put this as your signature and spread the word around about XenonHD. :)
    pTCiU1Q.png

Important please read
    I. Appreciation

There are many ways to show your support to us. You can:
    Press the "Thanks" button.
    Hit the donation button and help support the team
    Wear our specially prepared banner
    Share your opinion about my work and write some feedback in our threads.
    Advertise our work to your friends, family, anyone who owns this device.
    Rate our threads with 5 stars.

We appreciate all the support you give us, but we don't expect anything
    II. Sharing

XDA-Developers.com is all about sharing. If you would like to use any part of our work, please feel free to do so but remember to do the following beforehand:
    Inform - Please send us a PM or email telling us
    Permission - Please, if you do not have permission from us, don't use it. Most of the time, we will allow you to, but if you don't get our permission first, we will report.
    Credits - No one wants their work stolen. Please remember to give proper credits when using our work.
    :
    III. Support

If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to post them in the our threads. However, because all of us have social lives outside of XDA, your questions may not always be answered right away. Members who are more experienced in our work, please help out the ones who don't.
    If you want to get the fastest and the best answer - ask the question in our threads instead of PM'ing us. Chances are, other users will be able to help you when Team Members don't have the time to.
    IV. Updates

We are a busy team! Every Team Member has lives outside of XDA. You cannot expect us to sit in front of the computer all day and develop Android. Please do not ask for ETA's. The update will come when we release it. Sometimes, there is a good reason for why we have not released an update in a while. Please be patient with us, we will do as we promise. Updates will come.
    V. Responsibilities

We are not responsible for your device! We do not guarantee that everything will work the way it's supposed to. Not every device is created equal, what might work on our devices may not work on yours or vice versa. Please be a responsible person when it comes to flashing. This is a mature site, don't act immaturely when your device becomes problematic. If you cry and blame us for "destroying" your device, we will laugh at you. Your device is your responsibility, act like it.
    Thanks for choosing Team Horizon, we hope you enjoy our works as much as we enjoy working with them.
    Updated to first stable release. Almost fixed all the bugs. Plus so many new features. Leave feedback!!

Press like or thanks.

Donate so I can get a Nexus 4 for myself