Wtf? New Anker battery doesn't fit S3

Search This thread

skomes

Nov 16, 2010
I bought an Anker battery a week ago and it just arrived. I'm trying to fit it in and it doesn't fit at all. It is too wide and the bottom sections don't align properly.

I got it from Amazon and I'm sure its a genuine battery because of that.

I just can't believe it doesn't fit. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'm extremely disappointed with this. I was planning on upgrading to an S5 in a few months and figured I'd probably buy a new Anker battey with it but I can't believe this one doesn't even fit my phone.

I've included pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/eXOCH

Z

zzjoshzz

I think it's because it's 4400mAh, stock battery is 2100 so that one's going to be significantly larger. I'm pretty sure at that size they're supposed to come with a case that can house the battery with the phone.

skomes

Nov 16, 2010
Its definitely supposed to be bigger than the default battery but I checked videos online, it is supposed to snap into place just like the old battery. Extended batteries fit the same space but stick out farther so you need to use the provided case.

This battery DOES NOT line up with the phone along the bottom edge. It just doesn't. From Youtube videos, the batteries other people have line up and snap in. Because it doesn't actually fit into the battery slot, I can't even use the provided case.

It is very messed up and I'm just in disbelief because I can't find any record of any other person online with the same problem.

skomes

Nov 16, 2010
I wrote them an e-mail tonight after I posted this in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and doing something wrong, also wanted to know if anybody else ever had this issue because I can't find any record of that online.

dntesinfrno

Oct 9, 2012
Sumter, SC
I wrote them an e-mail tonight after I posted this in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and doing something wrong, also wanted to know if anybody else ever had this issue because I can't find any record of that online.

Looks to me like a case of a mis-labeled item. I ordered the same battery about a year and a half ago and all was fine. Im sure Anker will sort it out for you, they have a great support staff.

skomes

Nov 16, 2010
Email support is unbelievably slow.

Takes more than 1 full day to get a response, takes like 2 full days just to have them ask me a question and for me to respond.

skomes

Nov 16, 2010
Just forgot about this thread and wanted to update.

Anker was nice over e-mail and gave me the option of a replacement or a refund.

I chose a full refund because I was planning on upgrading to a Galaxy S5 anyway which I now have.