[Question/Help] Un-rooted sprint tab 3 7.0...

Search This thread

ZombieWarez

Apr 18, 2012
Hello all it's been awhile since I visited the xda forums so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post in advance. So anyway I bought a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 from sprint about three months ago and decided to root it and installed titanium backup pro so I could freeze a lot of the bloatware that came pre-installed. I've been hearing/reading about kitkat update coming to the tab 3 7.0 on Sprint so I decided to un-root today so I could do an ota update when it is finally available. Everything went fine but I did notice that all the bloatware I froze are still frozen (turned off) and pretty much every other change I made still remained the same but I am able to check for updates and even had a samsung firmware available. Before when it was still rooted is just said that my device was modified and there was no firmware because of this. So is this normal or what? I mean not that I mind because the reason I rooted the tab was for that sole purpose and not for custom roms. And if I did want to turn or unfreeze these apps how would I go about doing now? I'm just curious in case I need to take it back to sprint for warranty issues. Thank you for your time.

... Sent from my LG G2

D

Darth

You can try enabling them in settings, apps.

If not, you may need to reroot and use titanium backup.

Or if you want to be sure everything is stock....just Odin back to stock. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

D

Darth

I did Odin back to stock.

... Sent from my LG G2

You odin'd back to stock and those apps were still frozen?

If so, its cause you didn't wipe first. System and data. As well as caches. Then go into download mode and flash stock with Odin.

;)

ZombieWarez

Apr 18, 2012
You odin'd back to stock and those apps were still frozen?

If so, its cause you didn't wipe first. System and data. As well as caches. Then go into download mode and flash stock with Odin.

;)

Ahhh yes yes that explains a lot now lol like it's been a while since my last root and flash. Thanks now I know how to unfreeze them if need be. But like I said I don't mind it now cause I pretty much got the best of both worlds because those bloatware apps are still frozen (or so it appears to be) and I can perform updates yay :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

D

Darth

Ahhh yes yes that explains a lot now lol like it's been a while since my last root and flash. Thanks now I know how to unfreeze them if need be. But like I said I don't mind it now cause I pretty much got the best of both worlds because those bloatware apps are still frozen (or so it appears to be) and I can perform updates yay :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Awesome! Good luck. ;)