S4 rotation not working, Samsung app suspected to be the cause.

Search This thread

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
I have unistalled some Samsung apps on 4.4.2 kk touchwiz and some other things, I think it might be a app that isn't letting it rotate using the sensor. Any suggestions?

Shaftamle

Inactive Recognized Themer
I have unistalled some Samsung apps on 4.4.2 kk touchwiz and some other things, I think it might be a app that isn't letting it rotate using the sensor. Any suggestions?

Apps shouldn't make a difference. Check in settings to see if screen rotation is enabled. There should also be a quick toggle in the drop-down menu. Truthfully in the future, instead of on installing if you use Titanium Backup to freeze the apps then if something like this happens you can unfreeze them. Freezing is a good way to test if on installing an app would make the system run differently.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/

Reactions: Mistertac

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Shaf pretty much nailed it. Always freeze first to see if you'll have any I'll effects.. Run it like that for a week or two and if all goes well still you can probably uninstall. Make a backup anyways tho.

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Well the rotate is on, but nothing. Still can get things landscape manually.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Well the rotate is on, but nothing. Still can get things landscape manually.

I'm assuming you did one of the keep root and upgrade to Kit Kat methods right?

If you can't seem to fix this problem you may have to Odin back to whatever build your bootloaders on. There's been random issues poppin up for people that have done that and unless someone smarter than me chimes in with more ideas I have no other suggestions myself

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
I'm assuming you did one of the keep root and upgrade to Kit Kat methods right?

If you can't seem to fix this problem you may have to Odin back to whatever build your bootloaders on. There's been random issues poppin up for people that have done that and unless someone smarter than me chimes in with more ideas I have no other suggestions myself

Yeah I know Reflashing the rom would work, just trying to do it without doing that. Mdk bootloader, fnc5 4.4.2 stock rooted rom.

Top Liked Posts