[Q] anyone know what this icon is?

Search This thread

htcdude123

Feb 1, 2009
I'm sure some people are going to thing I'm dumb, but does anyone know what this icon is? My first thought was home something like home wifi but that doesn't make sense and the only two times I have seen it was at a tattoo parlor and at work.

Screenshot_2014-09-04-15-37-46_1_1.jpg

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
I'm quite sure that is a 'network extender', what it does is it extends your mobile data to give you better signal, sort of like a little mini 4g tower or whatever.

darienms1986

Apr 9, 2012
Minnesota
A lot of companies have their buildings wired with network extenders for poor service indoors.... Basically makes it voip for calls, But you will only get 1x/3g data speed, depends on which extender they use

htcdude123

Feb 1, 2009
Settings, about, help, icon glossary. I believe it means you are somehow connected to a network extender

I would have done this but I get a toast message or whatever the message is called now saying " unable to find activity to hold this action“

Thank u for the advice about the extender.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Dodge DeBoulet

Mar 4, 2012
I would have done this but I get a toast message or whatever the message is called now saying " unable to find activity to hold this action“

Thank u for the advice about the extender.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

I can confirm that it's a network extender. We have a vacation home in a very poor service area and my previous employer agreed to supply one so that I would be reachable by cell phone (we pretty much live at the vacation house from April through September). The only time I see that icon is when I'm there, and it disappears when I get 30-50 meters away from the house.

I left that company but was told to keep the extender, which is great . . . without it my battery drain is astronomical as the phone would seek and attempt to hold a signal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings, about, help, icon glossary. I believe it means you are somehow connected to a network extender