[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Search This thread

baron4406

Dec 12, 2010
Builds are ok, but for me something is always broken. Was on 31 but BLN never worked for SMS. Now on build 32 and BLN works, but the phone no longer auto rotates. Just stays in profile mode. Still the phone works pretty good. Its gonna stink next month when i get my upgrade unless i get the Nexus (which did NOT impress me at the store) I'll be taking a big downgrade in ROM's lol. Been fighting with rooting and custom ROM's for two years now i might just leave my next phone stock.

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Builds are ok, but for me something is always broken. Was on 31 but BLN never worked for SMS. Now on build 32 and BLN works, but the phone no longer auto rotates. Just stays in profile mode. Still the phone works pretty good. Its gonna stink next month when i get my upgrade unless i get the Nexus (which did NOT impress me at the store) I'll be taking a big downgrade in ROM's lol. Been fighting with rooting and custom ROM's for two years now i might just leave my next phone stock.

Turn it to auto rotate in apex luancher settings

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne

Sounds like a bad case of USER ERROR!

Reactions: Stephen.k.spear

CA_Trojan

Mar 26, 2012
Build 32

So seems like build 32 has had some issues? Reading mixed reviews on different sites.

Is the glitched up build much better? Also where is a good place to post suggestions? I'd love to see the camera enhanced closer to the Camera ICS app.
And I have noticed MMS seems to be a little slow but I'm still on Build 31.

Overall love the ROM. Hope AOKP keeps improving. What's the thought on some of the other ICS builds out there?

bwt_3

Dec 4, 2010
I use the Google car home app in aokp and it works just fine. Found a flashable a zip somewhere a while back. When installing manually there are 2 apps - carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. need both for it to work.

If you look at a more recent Gapps package, you only need the CarHomeGoogle.apk file. I finally got it installed after fixing adb (I needed to use Device Manager to point the device to Google's USB drivers rather than Samsung's). However, it's not clear whether or not the phone is charging when I'm using it to navigate in the car dock. I don't get the "charging" icon in the status bar, though if I go into device status it says that I'm charging. FWIW, it's a coin toss every time whether or not I have more or less charge after finishing my trip when I've used navigation in the car.

Is there any way to turn off haptic feedback for the app drawer? It's driving me crazy.

CA_Trojan

Mar 26, 2012
I'm still on build 31.

Has anyone had issues on not getting notifications for e-mail, and SMS? It seems to work fine sometimes and not notify me at all other times. Really weird. It'll start notifying me when I open the apps. Other times works just fine.

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
One thing I remember from the touchwiz roms was if you were in a bright area and covered the camera with your hand the screen would dim. I can't replicate this test on AOKP. This might explain why when I walk out of my dimly lit work building the screen has to be manually brightened.

Maybe I'm just holding it wrong

Last edited:

baron4406

Dec 12, 2010
Did my usual "big 3" wipe and flashed build 33. Kinda humorous now the auto rotation works great....... and BLN doesn't work for SMS just like build 31. Also for some reason battery drain is HORRIBLE on this build too. My phone is sitting at 75% and i unplugged it 3 hours ago and its mostly sitting idle. i have the 1800a/hr battery and never usually worry about battery life. Might again go back to build 28 the last build everything worked for me. Life on the cutting edge lol

*EDIT* - I just fixed it and had to edit my post. On a lark I flashed the Glitch Kernel that was on my SD card. Now everything works! Dunno why it worked but i'm not complaining.

Last edited:

mrf582

Oct 26, 2011
Is the fast charge toggle affected by Rom Control > Performance > Fast Charge?

Edit: it is
I'm on B33 and the phone won't charge through a wall charger. But if I use the microUSB cable from it and connect to a computer, the phone charges. Also, a car charger works fine.

Does this 'fast charge' toggle have something to do with my problem?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

So.... build 33....glitched or no glitch?
Do I just flash the Glitch kernel in CWR after flashing the regular ROM?

ccmichael

Oct 11, 2010
On 33 glitched, what bln settings are recommended so that blinking and timeout work across the stock text app, Gmail, etc.?

When I turn on back light notifications, all I get is a solid light with no timeout and no blinking. I have tried various settings in nstools, etc. but can't initiate blinking or timeout.

Suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its built in glitch kernel...use terminal to access it. For the bazillionth time :p............type this below and make sure to hit enter after each entry:

"su"
    "callboost enable"

enter these numbers

This will give you a good starting point...

Thanks for giving a good starting point.. This is OP material

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

You know, if enough people have great success with those numbers, i might consider building them in as the kernel defaults...what do you all think?
    I must say that steve and team glitch are really doing amazing things on this device!!! The latest bigmem test.zip is freaking amazing to say the least..what little lag I was experiencing is now a thing of the past with 200+mb of ram free. I dont remember this much ram being available since powerwash froyo days. GOOD JOB FELLAS!!!!
    Long live the fascinate!
    Long live Team Glitch!

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
    As a work-around for the Torch issue, download an app called Tiny Flashlight + LED from the market. Here's a link that I think will work: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kZXZ1bmkuZmxhc2hsaWdodCJd

It's top-notch. The strobe functionality and morse code stuff even works, which is a first on my Fascinate at least. I'll probably stick with this over the in-ROM torch app unless the latter starts working and knocks my socks off.
    thanks for the info
    yeah its a TW based rom and I have no idea what i'm getting into... how would i go about flashing? is there voodoo (or that doesnt work for these roms?)

No..there isn't a voodoo lag-fix...not needed....as these roms use ext4 as thier default filesystem, not the rfs that Samsung uses in touchwiz..there is voodoo sound support in the kernel...

Coming from touchwiz..it is a bit tricky....This rom must be flashed from the correct Recovery...meaning, u will need to ODIN the proper recvery, then flash the THS Buid 2, then this rom(and the glitch kernel and g-apps, if u want).

i recall some instructions being posted somewhere...but I need to do some digging around...unless some one else wants to post some...

EDIT:

Install:
    Use CMW fixed for CM7 ODIN.TAR or CMW.ZIP
    Flash the above mentioned recovery...
    Boot into recovery
    wipe Data
    Flash THS Build 2
    reboot recovery
    wipe data in CWM
    install AOKP rom
    install gapps
    instal glitch kernel(optional)
    reboot

Download THS build 2 and the AOKP rom and the CWM zip..put on sd card...you should be fine flashing the recovery zip in your current recovery...then selecting the option to reboot to recovery..u should then be in the new recovery u just flashed...then continue with the steps..

I believe this will work fine....be warned...I flashed ICS form CM7...so have a full ODIN file available in-case something messes up and u need to revert to stock or what ever and start again...FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    AOKP Milestone 4 Download

I am not sure why the official mirrors are down....hoping the rom wasn't pulled or something and it's just a server failure....so I am posting a link to download the rom from my dropbox..(hope that is ok)..don't want to get myself in-trouble....I will remove it if Stephen.k.spear (the OP of the rom) tells me too.

AOKP M4 Fascinate: GET IT HERE