Headphones not working

Search This thread

Furma

Aug 15, 2010
Anyone else has/had this problem with Z1? Model C6903

My headphones aren't being recognized (I tried several including official sony headphones - i did not try bluetooth headphones) - when I connect them, the headphones icon does not appear in the notification tray.

This problem started after i got my phone from the repair shop (display had to be replaced). Before sending it to repair shop I did a factory reset of the phone.

Guys from the repair shop said they tested the headphone jack by connecting it with speakers and they said sound would play normally over external speakers.

What could be the cause of this (besides faulty repair)? When I get home today I will test the phone with bluetooth headphones, if it doesnt work with them it surely is a software problem..

I am running official 4.3 ROM with stock kernel, unrooted device..

I've even disabled smart connect app but problem is still present

Last edited:

1T TAB

Jan 9, 2014
Take a Q-tip cotton ball and put a bit of it in the jack then take the plastic stick of the cotton ball and place it over the tiny cotton in the headphone jack and twist,roll it (clean the headphone jack) using the plastic stick

Furma

Aug 15, 2010
will try that, but i did not wet the phone..

edit
didnt help :(

Last edited:

onalocse

Jul 7, 2008
Sometimes happens to me as well... I try with two different pair of headphones for the moment: one works all the times (Monster), the other (WESC) less than 50% of the times.

I'm sure it's some kind of hardware-detection problem.

As you, I didn't get my phone underwater (yet!, but some day I will for sure!)...

strange issue....

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Someone on here reported the ring around the opening on their device had moved and was sat proud of the rest of the body, I can't help wonder is this what's happened to yours? Even half.a millimetre would be enough to dislodge the contacts inside the headphone socket.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Never had this issue and my phone was underwater quite a few times.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Furma

Aug 15, 2010
i've sent my phone back to the repair shop and will see if they fix this issue.