[INDEX][Everything you need to know][All In One Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drakeymcmb

Jun 22, 2012
Tinley park,il
Welcome to the note 3 forums. We welcome you as long as you do your job and search before making 1,000,000 new threads.

So,You just got your shiny new note 3 and dont know where to begin?

Well that's ok because, this is the all in one thread.

Lets begin

How do I Root?

That is the common question around here. Im going to simplify this.. Here you go

For 4.3

1.The best and safest way is this method by @evilpotatoman. It does require a little work but in return you do get root Here is the link for That,

2.Another method that is faster, but does not offer busybox with install, nor did it originate from XDA-forums is Here,

For 4.4 Or KitKat

You have to Go to My thread located

Here,

This does root KitKat and provides a custom ROM.

How Do I Install Custom Rom's

First What you should know is that our phone has a locked bootloader. This means that we can not boot kernels. But we still can flash custom rom's Thanks to @Hashcode

To install custom rom's on 4.3, Head over Here,

Another method That i originally created, but does not work as good as safestrap, could be found Here

If you are on KitKat, Then you could either install my KitKat rom or wait for safestrap to be updated.

What Do I Do If I Bricked My Phone? Or if it wont boot?

Well There are 2 methods to get you back to stock and running again.

To Restore back to Jellybean (4.3) Follow this Thread Here

To Restore back to KitKat (4.4.2) Follow this Thread Here

Why are Rom's Based off different Bases & Whats the difference?

A little basic intro

MJ5,MI9 & MI1 Are all 4.3 AT&T Bases

Ml2 Is an international 4.3 Base

MlG is a leaked AT&T 4.4.2 Base

Mj5 Is the latest 4.3 AT&T Base

Ml2 Is the latest international Base

The difference depends on what you need. Right now There are pro's and con's to all bases

Mj5

-Fast Data speeds
-Better indoor Signal
-No Bluetooth internet tethering

Ml2

-NO group messaging
-lower signal in areas
-slower data
-Does have Bluetooth internet tethering

Leaked Kitkat base (MIG)
-Extremely fast
-Newer modem with better signal & speeds
-Safestrap is not yet updated to work with kitkat (But you could still install my 4.4 ROM)

Why is my GPS Crappy and How do i fix it?

This issue is well known with our phone. The main reason is bad software coding.

To fix this issue Flash this fix made by me, in safestrap or manually push the files using root explorer.

4.3-Click Here

4.4-(Coming Soon)

What is "SafeStrap & Why do i have to use it?

Safestrap is our main method of flashing Rom's and could be found Here,

Always WIPE before flashing a new ROM or expect to receive errors. DON'T BE LAZY

Issues with safestrap

-Sometimes the storage is messed up and shows that you are using all your memory, when you really are not.If you use a different app to check, then you should see your real memory usage.

Where are all the kernels located?

Like i stated earlier, We don't have kernels yet, because of our locked bootloader

Where are all the Roms compatible with my phone?

All compatible and ready to install rom's could be found Here

There is currently NO AOSP,CM Based Rom's, So don't ask

What is KNOX and how does it effect me?

KNOX is basically made to **** us. But Samsung calls it security.
KNOX is removed from most custom Rom's. Knox does prevent root apps from working properly and should be removed asap.

How do I transfer My bookmarks from ROM to ROM?

Follow the guide i created Here

Im still working on a list of roms,and cool mods that are compatible with our phone. they will be located in the second post.Mods please sticky this thread

Last edited:

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
Great information.
Thank you very much.
I have tried your KitKat 4.4.2. Glad to see it is rooted!
Now, it is easy to switch between MJ5 4.3 and MLG 4.4.2 through SafeStrap and Odin.

Last edited:

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
I will send people here. Thanks man. Wish we could donate to you. I bet there is a bunch of people who would love to buy you some drinks or whatever your in to....Thanks again for being organized and detailed. You have your Sh** together and its great!!!

RoachForLife

Jul 17, 2007
Orlando
Awesome work. Me personally Im waiting for SS to be updated but definitely keeping an eye out.

Im curious on one thing. When you discuss Knox and to 'remove it', would freezing this via TB server the same purpose? Also since youve had a go with 4.4, does Samsungs iteration of 4.4 still have the GPS issues or did they fix it? Just curious

Thanks!

hdelvalle009

Jan 19, 2012
Bayamon
Guys where can I get the stock rom my N900A (Note 3 AT & T) now install version 4.4.2 filtered want to go back to stock!

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-N900A mediante Tapatalk

Nix A Nerd 2

Feb 8, 2014
So no root for sm900a. How can I load a custom rom without having to use a computer? Possible?

I really hate this thing as of right now wish I had my note 2 back

I found Ultimate rotation control but it fails to work properly

Last edited:
So no root for sm900a. How can I load a custom rom without having to use a computer? Possible?

I really hate this thing as of right now wish I had my note 2 back

I found Ultimate rotation control but it fails to work properly

If you are referring to the N900A, thew is root! Just gotta search.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

smutnut

Feb 10, 2014
Thank you. Now my almost $800 Samsung Galaxy note 3 has basic gps working properly. Samsung needs to hire guys like you

htsl

Feb 3, 2014
Wanting to down grade back to JB rom from KITKAT v2

I Used to be on JB rom 4.3 And I really liked it. But I wanted to upgrade to to KitKat v2 because alot of people said they liked it. After I upgraded to KITKAT 4.4.2 I really did not enjoy it as much JB 2.6. I used to get 35000 score from Antutu Benchmark but now on V2 I get about 30000 score. And I thought the JB 2.6 was setup nicer. I dunno, but what I do know is that I would like to go back to JB 2.6 because I think it was a nicer piece of work. Anyone know where I can find the tutorial to downgrade back to JB 2.6? I thought I seen it before but I cant seem to find it. Thank you for your time.

htsl

rjh1

May 30, 2007
So Cal
I have now soft bricked my phone I am lost and need help! no one last night would help me! PLEASE help me now!!! I am stuck on step 4 of http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2559715
when I select "show all devices" it only list 2 "Samsung mobile usb cdc composite device" and " samsung mobile usb modem" what am I doing wrong????

some one on another thread said I am using the wrong drivers... where Do I find the correct drivers?

Thanks
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the note 3 forums. We welcome you as long as you do your job and search before making 1,000,000 new threads.

So,You just got your shiny new note 3 and dont know where to begin?

Well that's ok because, this is the all in one thread.

Lets begin

How do I Root?

That is the common question around here. Im going to simplify this.. Here you go

For 4.3

1.The best and safest way is this method by @evilpotatoman. It does require a little work but in return you do get root Here is the link for That,

2.Another method that is faster, but does not offer busybox with install, nor did it originate from XDA-forums is Here,

For 4.4 Or KitKat

You have to Go to My thread located

Here,

This does root KitKat and provides a custom ROM.

How Do I Install Custom Rom's

First What you should know is that our phone has a locked bootloader. This means that we can not boot kernels. But we still can flash custom rom's Thanks to @Hashcode

To install custom rom's on 4.3, Head over Here,

Another method That i originally created, but does not work as good as safestrap, could be found Here

If you are on KitKat, Then you could either install my KitKat rom or wait for safestrap to be updated.

What Do I Do If I Bricked My Phone? Or if it wont boot?

Well There are 2 methods to get you back to stock and running again.

To Restore back to Jellybean (4.3) Follow this Thread Here

To Restore back to KitKat (4.4.2) Follow this Thread Here

Why are Rom's Based off different Bases & Whats the difference?

A little basic intro

MJ5,MI9 & MI1 Are all 4.3 AT&T Bases

Ml2 Is an international 4.3 Base

MlG is a leaked AT&T 4.4.2 Base

Mj5 Is the latest 4.3 AT&T Base

Ml2 Is the latest international Base

The difference depends on what you need. Right now There are pro's and con's to all bases

Mj5

-Fast Data speeds
    -Better indoor Signal
    -No Bluetooth internet tethering

Ml2

-NO group messaging
    -lower signal in areas
    -slower data
    -Does have Bluetooth internet tethering

Leaked Kitkat base (MIG)
    -Extremely fast
    -Newer modem with better signal & speeds
    -Safestrap is not yet updated to work with kitkat (But you could still install my 4.4 ROM)

Why is my GPS Crappy and How do i fix it?

This issue is well known with our phone. The main reason is bad software coding.

To fix this issue Flash this fix made by me, in safestrap or manually push the files using root explorer.

4.3-Click Here

4.4-(Coming Soon)

What is "SafeStrap & Why do i have to use it?

Safestrap is our main method of flashing Rom's and could be found Here,

Always WIPE before flashing a new ROM or expect to receive errors. DON'T BE LAZY

Issues with safestrap

-Sometimes the storage is messed up and shows that you are using all your memory, when you really are not.If you use a different app to check, then you should see your real memory usage.

Where are all the kernels located?

Like i stated earlier, We don't have kernels yet, because of our locked bootloader

Where are all the Roms compatible with my phone?

All compatible and ready to install rom's could be found Here

There is currently NO AOSP,CM Based Rom's, So don't ask

What is KNOX and how does it effect me?

KNOX is basically made to **** us. But Samsung calls it security.
    KNOX is removed from most custom Rom's. Knox does prevent root apps from working properly and should be removed asap.

How do I transfer My bookmarks from ROM to ROM?

Follow the guide i created Here

Im still working on a list of roms,and cool mods that are compatible with our phone. they will be located in the second post.Mods please sticky this thread
    For me, to post mods and roms compatible with our phone
    No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app