androkkid themes

Search This thread

burnlea

Apr 12, 2009
Cornwall, UK
www.iremonger.org.uk
Obsidian Theme

As a result of the introduction of Androkkid 1.2.0.0 by Simo today, the Obsidian theme requires an additional file (TopBarIcons.png) to be added in the Obsidian theme folder. Without it, Androkkid crashes if you select the new Androkkid Top Bar option in Settings.
I have updated the Obsidian.zip file in Post #18 to include this file. It can be also be copied across from the Hero theme folder.
The Obsidian.zip file has also been updated to correct a transparency issue with the Edit and Delete buttons.

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
Icons tested (failed)

All the icons which were made after the release of the zip file have been published without testing. I tested them today and found that as usual many of them had "white holes" from near (but not completely) invisible pixels and "black holes" from using pure white (like the Omniano icon) I have cleaned them up and edited the posts. They should now be fine. Please tell me if they are not.
I have also improved(I hope) upon a couple of icons that I wasn't satisfied with. I liked the new Twitter alternative but it was a bit pale. So I made the colurs a bit more intense.
I also edited the MusicID icon for clarity.

Attachments

• BarCodeReaderInigma.png
    BarCodeReaderInigma.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,556
  • Omnianio.png
    Omnianio.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,558
  • TwitterAlt2.jpg
    TwitterAlt2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Calendar.jpg
    Calendar.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 58
  • MusicIDTest.jpg
    MusicIDTest.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 30
  • VoiceMail.png
    VoiceMail.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,558
  • Fring.png
    Fring.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,548
  • BlueToothOff.png
    BlueToothOff.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 2,553
Last edited:

surrealbliss

Nov 22, 2007
wtf are those? here ya go......http://iphonetoolbox.com/category/icons/

also search for ireflect

wtf are those you ask? well... plain and simple they are the icons I requested and they look exactly as I expected them to. You go use your ireflect icons... we aren't stopping you. But maybe when you come to someone elses thread you could have a little respect for those that are trying to accomplish something that they cant currently find anywhere else.

Thanks teacher. they all look great. I'm not at home right now but as soon as I get there I'll download all of these, implement them and then post some screen shots for you to see.

Class ended today also... so I can finally have some free time to work on a set of icons too. ;)

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
I made my own version of the mobipocket ereader icon. It would probably be easy for a good graphic artist to do it, but it took me a lot of time. It is a lot of fun though and I learn as I find out more about what this free and extremely powerful program (The Gimp) can do. Below you can see the original as well as my version.

PS! From now on I'll put an "X" in front of the file name to signify that I haven't tested it for "white holes" and"black holes" yet.

Attachments

• mobipocketreader.jpg
    mobipocketreader.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 20
  • xMobipocket.jpg
    xMobipocket.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 22

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
OpenStreetMap

At Freewarepocketpc.net I saw that they released the app OpenStreetMap and I thought I should make an icon for that. I wish I had made the original graphich myself, it was taken from here and I think it's beautiful

Attachments

• xOpenStreetMap2.jpg
    xOpenStreetMap2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
While I was at it I made my version of the logo of freewarepocketpc

Attachments

• xPocketpcfreeware.jpg
    xPocketpcfreeware.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 19

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Thread Index

@reg66 Will you compile and link to the themes and icons in the first post as they become available? I think that would save people a lot of fumbling through a plethora of posts, as I'm sure this thing will grow.

@Teacher - Will you include my Accuweather, and Weather Underground icons in the pack when you're done?

And for the rest of you, here's my own attempt at creating my own theme using Gimp :) This application rocks! This theme is based on the trailer I used to live in (no trash jokes!)! Ahh, the memories...

Enjoy

Edit:

Updated: Fixed "Paste" to "Delete," must have been tired when I did that! Changed the default notification bubble to match the theme.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
Just before going to bed I'm releasing an icon for the avatar app. based on the same artsource I used for the OpenStreetMap icon

PS! qkzoo I'll answer your post tomorrow

Attachments

• xAvatar.jpg
    xAvatar.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

surrealbliss

Nov 22, 2007
As promised.. as soon as I got all of the icons matching and looking the way I wanted I would post my screen shots. and here they are. Page 2 is empty because its where I will be putting the weather. Page 4 is my default page, which makes everything no more than 3 finger swipes away.

I plan on developing my own icons, and theme in the near future... but this is how it looks for the time being. ;)

Attachments

• sshot001.jpg
    sshot001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 333
  • sshot005.jpg
    sshot005.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 306
  • sshot004.jpg
    sshot004.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 350
  • sshot000.jpg
    sshot000.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 590
  • sshot006.jpg
    sshot006.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 236
  • sshot002.jpg
    sshot002.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 194
  • sshot003.jpg
    sshot003.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 201

surrealbliss

Nov 22, 2007
And for the rest of you, here's my own attempt at creating my own theme using Gimp :) This application rocks! This theme is based on the trailer I used to live in (no trash jokes!)! Ahh, the memories...

Enjoy

Look back a few posts and you should be able to find the 3 necessary icons to make your WMD profile match... on my screenshots the green speaker at the bottom is my WMD profile.

by the way... if anything else in my layout needs any explaining let me know and ill elaborate on it. ;)

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Paper Theme

Theme based on handwriting, drawing and paper. This is pretty fun!

Edit:

Updated a bit. Refined the dark bar on the top of the bottom tool bar, changed the notification bubbles to blue.

Attachments

• PaperTheme_1.01.zip
    228.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 143
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Look back a few posts and you should be able to find the 3 necessary icons to make your WMD profile match... on my screenshots the green speaker at the bottom is my WMD profile.

by the way... if anything else in my layout needs any explaining let me know and ill elaborate on it. ;)

Done! Thanks!

burnlea

Apr 12, 2009
Cornwall, UK
www.iremonger.org.uk
@reg66 Will you compile and link to the themes and icons in the first post as they become available? I think that would save people a lot of fumbling through a plethora of posts, as I'm sure this thing will grow.

@Teacher - Will you include my Accuweather, and Weather Underground icons in the pack when you're done?

Enjoy

Great themes qkzoo and much appreciated as I know how much effort needs to go into producing them from my own experience with Obsidian

I agree, a link to each of the themes in the first post would be very useful

Last edited:

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
Some weather icons:

Attachments

• xWeatherUnderground.png
    xWeatherUnderground.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,020
  • xWeather.jpg
    xWeather.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 19
  • xWeatherAlt.jpg
    xWeatherAlt.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 17

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Themes & stuff

Nice Teach!

Question, maybe you can help me answer. I was working on my Paper theme, and wanted to change the notification bubbles to something else. I had it all done and installed it on my phone, but the numbers didn't show up through the bubbles. Any ideas why that might be? I'm scratching my head right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I just figured it out.

Bummer, looks like I just generated a request. The bubbles by default have a white font, that it doesn't look as if you can change. I'm going to contact the dev. and see if he might include this in a future release :)

Edit: Ok, pretty sure I'm happy with Paper as it is now. I polished them up a bit and re-posted them above in the original post. I originally wanted the notification bubbles whitish in color, to match the theme, but since you can't change the font color for those yet, I just made it blue. Looks pretty good in any case (at least for me doing it it does!).

Last edited:

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
playing with Gimp

Made this one just to play with Gimp

and also one for Simosoft the Androkkid creators website

Attachments

• xBing.jpg
    xBing.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 24
  • xSimoSoft.jpg
    xSimoSoft.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Icons

Hey Teach, maybe you could make one for Bejeweled? I haven't looked yet to see if you made one for Teeter, yet.