Different recovery

Search This thread

absinthe77

May 7, 2011
Melun
Hello I've install the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6.0.1.2 but he's different that the screenshots I've found on the web.

On mine I have this one :

reboot system nom
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe datafactory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

So I can't see how I could install a new Rom from a Zip file for exemple, what is the problem ?
thanks for your answers.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
You have stock recovery, not custom. Either you didn't flash correctly or you have stock firmware which will restore stock recovery on each boot.

Go read the sticky threads as you are missing some basic knowledge.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

absinthe77

May 7, 2011
Melun
You have stock recovery, not custom. Either you didn't flash correctly or you have stock firmware which will restore stock recovery on each boot.

Go read the sticky threads as you are missing some basic knowledge.

Hello thanks for your answer. No I did the the flash correctly, but you're right I am on the stock firmware so it could be the reason !
In fact I wanted to install the Kitkat Slimkat on my S3, it's mean than I cannot do it ??

AlexVat

Mar 10, 2011
Galati
Hello thanks for your answer. No I did the the flash correctly, but you're right I am on the stock firmware so it could be the reason !
In fact I wanted to install the Kitkat Slimkat on my S3, it's mean than I cannot do it ??

Try flashing PhilZ Recovery for SGS3. It's available in .tar format and you can flash it using Odin and selecting the .tar file in the PDA column. It worked perfectly for me ;)

Goodluck!!

PS: it also supports JB + KK roms ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300

absinthe77

May 7, 2011
Melun
It doesn't work

Try flashing PhilZ Recovery for SGS3. It's available in .tar format and you can flash it using Odin and selecting the .tar file in the PDA column. It worked perfectly for me ;)

Goodluck!!

PS: it also supports JB + KK roms ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hello, thanks a lot for your answer. So I've tried the recovery you told me and it still the same ! my recovery doesn't change !

arsal_93

Apr 15, 2013
Lahore
Hello, thanks a lot for your answer. So I've tried the recovery you told me and it still the same ! my recovery doesn't change !

When flashing the Philz Recovery in Odin , untick the Auto Reboot option. After that take out the battery and start your phone in recovery mode.

Samsung S3 (Resurrection Rom Remix 4.4 with Boeffla Omni Kernel)

absinthe77

May 7, 2011
Melun
When flashing the Philz Recovery in Odin , untick the Auto Reboot option. After that take out the battery and start your phone in recovery mode.

Samsung S3 (Resurrection Rom Remix 4.4 with Boeffla Omni Kernel)

Yes it works !! thanks a lot and have a nice day !
... I've rebooted my phone and my old Recovry is back :(

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Yes, as I said your firmware will replace the recovery each time you boot. Either replace your firmware with custom or live with stock recovery.