Search This thread

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
I already donated and not just for the amaze. I donated for all the effort they have given us for all the devices they have got s-off for. Let them do there thing and donate for there efforts. Put for amaze device and S-off development in the comment portion of your donation. They know what there doing look how many devices they support already.

dmunseyautotech

Jul 6, 2011
Greenville,S.C.
Everyone needs to go back and read pages 8-10 Binary has already been talking with the revolutionary team and we already have half the money donated. Just because binary hasn't been posting doesn't mean the ball isn't still rolling. We have a plan just donate like I mentioned to the link for ieftm.
The past 2 pages are way off people need to read thru the thread. The same questioned are be asked over and over and have already been answered correctly.......READ THE THREAD

Reactions: jimczyz

frodoboy

Oct 9, 2007
Arroyo Grande
I think we just kinda lost out with this phone. Seems like we were a beta test, or they just pushed it out in order to put something out there to go against competition. The only thing we got going I think is ICS when there is an official release that's about it, I'll probably get HTC one phone when it comes out and hope for the best or wait a little then get it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

It's all greed for the latest thing guys. We all want the latest tech and don't want to wait for it. In the old days, you'd have a cell phone for years. Now it seems we buy a new one every 6 months! You don't have to have a stupid quad core phone in your pocket. I can't imagine what the battery life of that would be anyway...2 hours? LOL. If we could all just keep the damn phones we have for a few years, then maybe HTC would stop flooding the market with new crap every few months causing hunger pangs in all of us "loser techies." I think I just might keep my Amaze for several years and my wife can keep her Sensation until some totally new technology comes out that blows away anything on the market. Right now, all we get is another core or two, more memory and another 2 year contract! My Amaze is "Amazing!" I don't know...a "One" doesn't sound that amazing. :rolleyes:

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
It's all greed for the latest thing guys. We all want the latest tech and don't want to wait for it. In the old days, you'd have a cell phone for years. Now it seems we buy a new one every 6 months! You don't have to have a stupid quad core phone in your pocket. I can't imagine what the battery life of that would be anyway...2 hours? LOL. If we could all just keep the damn phones we have for a few years, then maybe HTC would stop flooding the market with new crap every few months causing hunger pangs in all of us "loser techies." I think I just might keep my Amaze for several years and my wife can keep her Sensation until some totally new technology comes out that blows away anything on the market. Right now, all we get is another core or two, more memory and another 2 year contract! My Amaze is "Amazing!" I don't know...a "One" doesn't sound that amazing. :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more! I can't afford to buy a new phone every 6 months, I'll have my amaze for a long time. And cm 9 is just around the corner for this phone so I'm cool.

Sent from the Morgue!

ed116

Oct 20, 2010
North York
I dont mind it, sure it takes up a lot of ram, but it looks beutiful! with Sense 3.6/4.0 it takes away its ... signature ... anyways i had cm9 on my g2x, was pretty awesome cant wait to see it for the amaze :D

Sesnse UI is why I like HTC.
I'm a tweener, I like the dialer/contacts, camera, friendstream, and a couple others, but I really dislike the launcher... which means I can't use any of the widgets I like, but whatever... I also don't care for the lockscreen, but disabling it completely leaves you having to unlock just to see who is calling... otherwise I'd probably disable sense lock completely instead of using it...

frodoboy

Oct 9, 2007
Arroyo Grande
Wow that's an optimistic attitude, and then if you just bail out then we lose more users. I honestly don't know why everyone is so fired up about the one, because the USA version is just a dual core 1.5GHz device, just like the amaze with a better camera? And some other minimal features with a 700 dollar price tag.
It's just a glorified amaze, it's like HTC souped up the amaze a tiny bit and pushed it out knowing all these people would rush right out and get one.

Sent from the Morgue!

My point exactly, just like the Amaze is a souped-up, glorified version of the Sensation. When will people stop lining HTC's pockets? What started this "I have to have the newest version of this or that every month??":mad:

frostyroot

Mar 13, 2011
Progress so far: I made an unsecure script for s-off. It soft bricked my phone so many times it's not even funny anymore. It keeps switching from s-off to s-on one soft brick at a time. I will keep on working on this on my free time but won't have the time to do so since I have midterms and finals in 3 months. All of this school work is tormenting me so I've decided to take a break. Let's hope the Revolutionary team gets this, I think I'm done with it at the moment. See you guys in three months!

Jms122589

Jun 3, 2011
Elk river MN
Progress so far: I made an unsecure script for s-off. It soft bricked my phone so many times it's not even funny anymore. It keeps switching from s-off to s-on one soft brick at a time. I will keep on working on this on my free time but won't have the time to do so since I have midterms and finals in 3 months. All of this school work is tormenting me so I've decided to take a break. Let's hope the Revolutionary team gets this, I think I'm done with it at the moment. See you guys in three months!

Well sounds like your pretty close to bad you have to take a break...I know how school is tho good luck man...maybe you should share your work with more devs so we could get the ball rolling faster :)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
I like how a couple people have come in here sayin they are willing to send their phone if someone pays, or they will do this or that then someone says ok ill pay for shipping or w.e then those people never come back or respond...? Wth is that about

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

J

jeepers007

I like how a couple people have come in here sayin they are willing to send their phone if someone pays, or they will do this or that then someone says ok ill pay for shipping or w.e then those people never come back or respond...? Wth is that about

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

It's typical, unfortunately.

nevrlow

Jul 27, 2011
virginia beach
I was going to donate my upgrade. Then i had my personal info leaked all over this site for sending a pos evo3d on the wrong hboot.

So all in all i dont want to help anyone on here anymore since you all turn your backs with the quickness and call me a scammer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

G

glacierguy

I was going to donate my upgrade. Then i had my personal info leaked all over this site for sending a pos evo3d on the wrong hboot.

So all in all i dont want to help anyone on here anymore since you all turn your backs with the quickness and call me a scammer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Way to be productive. We don't want to help you either with that attitude. Go troll in your own device's forums... They need your lack of help and useless posts more than we do. Enjoy your slow ass speeds with that sensation also wise guy.

Sent from my Energized HTC Ruby using XDA-Premium or Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to go buy two new Samsung phones. I will send them one of my amaze phones. I will need an address.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App
    I'm gonna volunteer in this s-off search. I'll risk my Amaze, have insurance :D

The thing about HTC devices are getting through the encryption to the NAND.

*IF* I do find a way to achieve this, I will finally get to name an s-off method with my username!

Give me a week guys, I'll try to make it really simple (one-click root method). ;)
    I have received a few private messages asking for for progress reports on s-off along with several other requests such as bounties and such. I won't allow a bounty to be set up for s-off unless it can be delivered without any doubt! Since this is impossible to guarantee and per a few requests I've decided to set up a PLEDGE to the developer(s) or team(s) that can contribute to obtaining s-off.

How this will work.

If you are a developer and want to take a crack at getting s-off for this device then please be our guest. Of course you will require an HTC Amaze with S-ON and you will have to use your own device at your own risk!

Upon a release of a successful method of obtaining s-off for this device each member that places a pledge will be held accountable for the amount pledged.
    HOWEVER, XDA-Developers, XDA-Developers Moderators, Admins and other staff members are NOT liable, obligated or required IN ANY WAY to interfere, object or in any way enforce the collection of any pledged amount from any member. All pledges are a promise from one member to whomever can successfully submit the means for the XDA Community with S-ON devices to obtain S-OFF without any other party being involved.

In other words, you are not guaranteed the amount pledged by any member and if the member(s) do not fullfill the quoted pledges then there's absolutely nothing the developer(s) or team(s) can do to force receipt of those pledges.

Upon receipt of pledges after the release of verifiable s-off method simply create a post and edit it accordingly with the names and values of each member that has been paid. I will then return to the post and edit it accordingly to mark that the member has fulfilled his/her pledged amount.

TO THOSE THAT PLEDGE OR WOULD LIKE TO PLEDGE.
    By placing a value in a reply after this thread you are making a promise to pledge that said amount within 30 days of delivery of a successful method of obtaining s-off. Those that do fulfill the quoted pledged amount must be verified by the developer(s) and/or team(s) involved in releasing the said method. After receipt of pledged amount the developer(s) and/or team(s) should then add your name and amount received to a post and I will edit your post with the value of the amount paid as mentioned by the developer(s) and/or team(s) providing the said s-off method. When donating, please include your XDA member name so we'll know who to give proper credit to.

DO NOT DONATE ANY MONEY TO ANYONE PROMISING TO PROVIDE S-OFF!!!
    You are not guaranteed by any one member(s) or team(s) that s-off can or will be accomplished. Donating any amount of money to obtain s-off will be at your own risk and XDA as well as other members and staff will not be held liable or responsible for lost funds.

Now what?
    We don't have s-off. We probably won't have s-off. We are hoping to get s-off.
    Do you want to help us get s-off? Do you think that you can help by pledging an amount? Post a reply below with your donation amount.

Example:

Binary100100 pledges $100

If you decide that you want to change your pledge then do NOT post another reply. Simply edit your thread.

To the "hero" that gets us s-off.

You simply need to post the method as another thread in Development then provide the link to this thread here.
    Below the link add the list of those members that you have received the donation from and for the amount received.

Example:
    xda-developers/example/link/amaze4g/s-off-method-link-here

Binary100100 donated $100
    someone_else donated $100
    some_rich_generous_guy $500
    some_cheap_guy $5

Total donated so far $705

If anyone has any question the feel free to ask.
    PLEASE keep this ON TOPIC.
    PLEDGES AND INQUIRIES ONLY!!!
    Failure to do so may have posts deleted and infraction for failure to comply.

Now... contributors, open your wallets. Developers, put on your thinking caps.

Thanks!

Amount pledged so far:

$998

EDIT:
    So for once I have some good news!

Recognized Developer and better known as member of Team Revolutionary ieftm seems to be interested in helping us with S-OFF!

Of course this means that he needs to get a phone in hand.

We can do this one of two ways.

1. We can get a volunteer to risk sacraficing their own device to get s-off. Keep in mind that the device will NOT be compensated if damaged or lost in the process and will be at your own risk! It will need to be shipped to Netherlands.
    2. We can donate to ieftm so that he can pay the full price for the device. This is what I would recommend personally.

If you would like to donate directly to Team Revolutionary do so by clicking the link in ieftm's signature.
    Ok pm him tonight when I get off work

Swyped From Space Using My ICS Flavored Sensation
    Virtuous Inquisition 3.0