RAM consumption on task's 4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
So I love the ROM, and if I restart phone ram is low.... After I use a few programs (face book, XDA, internet sect...) My ram consumption gets very high... Then even after I kill all APPS and programs my team is still up in the 8-900 and only leaves me 3-300 left.... Have to restart phone to get ram to drop back down to 400.... any tricks on getting that low without restarting phone? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
So I read somewhere in these ROMs rambar does not report ram correctly... Is this true?

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
1.) Searching would've answered this for you. Or even just checking the AOKP website. It states that the rambar doesn't read correctly.

2.) Android is a Linux derivative. It kills things on its own just fine. You shouldn't need to. This device has 2gb of ram which is usually always enough to work with.

3.) There is a dedicated sticky just above this thread you started for Q & A about this ROM. Why start a new thread?

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
Because I didn't see it. And this is posted in the q&a and help thread. You need to relax task and stick to developing rather then running around worried about who posts where.

I didn't post in your precious Dev thread because I expected the same kind of answer, but thanks for giving me a hard time and the answer, your simply amazing and such a god in these forums....;)

And I do search, but never from my computer always from my phone, and I seen to have a little problem finding and searching for stuff using the app on my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ

liltitiz

Aug 15, 2012
Québec
Because I didn't see it. And this is posted in the q&a and help thread. You need to relax task and stick to developing rather then running around worried about who posts where.

I didn't post in your precious Dev thread because I expected the same kind of answer, but thanks for giving me a hard time and the answer, your simply amazing and such a god in these forums....;)

And I do search, but never from my computer always from my phone, and I seen to have a little problem finding and searching for stuff using the app on my phone.

uploadfromtaptalk1361378650108.jpg

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon

You don't search. This thread you started proves that. It also proves that you don't even bother to read an OP of a rom that you flash considering the simple fact that the FAQ (which is the Q&A also) is very blatantly and obviously posted in it. We make those types of threads to avoid pointless thread starts like these. Good job dude. :good:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
OK I am closing this up now. But before I do let me make one point clear. This is not a support forum. If you are trouble shooting issues with a custom OS on a $500 device you should use more powerful tools. Like a computer. Apps are limited and always will be. What you are doing should not be taken lightly. You could end up with a brick that warrenty doesn't cover.

Wayne Tech S-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.