SD card stopped being recognized abruptly

Search This thread

hakam3akasheh

Apr 28, 2013
Hi
My Xperia Z2 tablet stopped recognizing the SD card. It was perfect before turning it off. When I check "storage" under settings it says mount SD card. Nothing happens when I try to mount it. Is this an SD card issue or a tablet issue?
Thanks

Last edited:

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Hi
My Xperia Z2 tablet stopped recognizing the SD card. It was perfect before turning it off. When I check "storage" under settings it says mount SD card. Nothing happens when I try to mount it. Is this an SD card issue or a tablet issue?
Thanks

What is your SDCard?
Have you tried to reformat it on your comp then re put it in your phone?

hakam3akasheh

Apr 28, 2013
What is your SDCard?
Have you tried to reformat it on your comp then re put it in your phone?

My card is Samsung 64 GB Class 10, bought from ebay. I had a movie on the card which I was watching on the tablet last night. This morning however, the tablet did nor recognise the card. All it says under "storage" is mount card, and i tried mounting the card but nothing happens. The card was not formatted on a computer, but erased by the tablet before being used.
The reason I mentioned ebay is because, according to google, many cards on ebay are fake. I'm only hoping it's the card not the tablet.

Thanx

aeon101

Jan 10, 2006
Prague
What File Manager are you using? This happened 2 times on my Xperia Z Ultra and 2 HC 10 32 GB cards were destroyed...but it happened only by using Total Commander, since that time I do not work with him anymore and everything is fine...

hakam3akasheh

Apr 28, 2013
What File Manager are you using? This happened 2 times on my Xperia Z Ultra and 2 HC 10 32 GB cards were destroyed...but it happened only by using Total Commander, since that time I do not work with him anymore and everything is fine...

I did not install a file manager. The tablet came with File commander, and that's the one I use.

jai23

Apr 8, 2014
There are a lot of fake/faulty sd cards on eBay, try it in a different device.

JAID1

Jul 25, 2014
www.JAID.com
Same SD, same problem

My card is Samsung 64 GB Class 10...
Thanx

My card is exactly the same (I think) Samsung miniSDXC 64GB. Bought from a normal retailer. Similar problem to yours (I think)

I have not been able to find a solution.

The SD worked fine for a couple months. I notice there is no click upont pressing the card in (as the Sony manual describes) but it seems to sit a fair way in. Sometimes when viewed in Settings the card is visible but never when the phone is plugged into a USB port of the computer. Mostly it shows instantaneously when you push it in and then dissappears as quickly and the request to mount a card shows.

On one of the few times it stayed visible (not with the USB cable in) it showed about 12GB used. It seems to have been coming on and off intermitently during use. Accordingly, some photographs end up going to it and then not being accessible and some, or most, just end up in the main phone memory. This is assumed as a number of photographs taken are not showing. I have sent them from the phone main memory via dropbox as the computer can access none on the phone at all...perhaps because I have pathed them to the SD.

Will get and try another SD card but one possibilty is that this may be a problem with the SD card housing in the telephone.