[Q] Samsung Galaxy S5 Display (Color Representation)

Search This thread

tahirk

Nov 25, 2013
Islamabad
Hi,

I'm in process of buying Galaxy S5 but have one question to be answered. I've read some mixed reviews regarding the display performance and color representation of the S5 and I couldn't decide who to believe. I've read that cinema mode is the most accurate but also seen some reviews that it isn't as good either. A one of the most recent article on PhoneArena about displays also added to my fears regarding S5 display.

I want to ask from S5 users that is it really the case, does it really noticeable while viewing videos/images or playing games etc. How does cinema mode competes with M8, Z2 etc.

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Phonearena have done quite a few blunders recently in their reviews, I don't trust them.

I'd rather go for AnandTech and DisplayMate test results. They have given the S5 very high marks.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

tahirk

Nov 25, 2013
Islamabad
Phonearena have done quite a few blunders recently in their reviews, I don't trust them.

I'd rather go for AnandTech and DisplayMate test results. They have given the S5 very high marks.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. As you are using S5 can you please tell me your personal experience with display.

jimdem

Jan 9, 2011
Macedonia
www.lgarenatools.dom.gr
I recently changed from a S3 to S5 (G900F). The colors are much more natural than S3's, the screen is a lot brighter and the quality is awesome. It has extremely deep black so deep that you can't distinguish if the screen is off or on! Even in a dark room. The brightness helps when you are outdoors. I live in Macedonia, Greece and here in Greece we have a lot of sunshine through the year, especially now :) I find it easier to use under sunlight than the S3. Also the white is very good.

So, to sum up:

-Natural colors
-Deep black
-Very bright when you need it.
-Battery savings thanks to amoled technology.

I recommend that you use the phone in person before buying it, from a friend or at a store. This is my personal experience so don't take it for granted. You may end up with different results from me when you use it because everyone has different needs/expectations.

Reactions: tahirk

Aiden_7

Jun 22, 2014
Cinema mode is the Most natural But is stile Not perfect. With root could be possible To chance color value in The Files with The screen configurations? Chance The code strings. Because it is only a setting like The TV setting preset... But on a TV we Can set manually contrast gamma saturation ecc.. It would be interesting To find Files in The Phone that contains The sets of The screen And Try To change......

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently changed from a S3 to S5 (G900F). The colors are much more natural than S3's, the screen is a lot brighter and the quality is awesome. It has extremely deep black so deep that you can't distinguish if the screen is off or on! Even in a dark room. The brightness helps when you are outdoors. I live in Macedonia, Greece and here in Greece we have a lot of sunshine through the year, especially now :) I find it easier to use under sunlight than the S3. Also the white is very good.

So, to sum up:

-Natural colors
    -Deep black
    -Very bright when you need it.
    -Battery savings thanks to amoled technology.

I recommend that you use the phone in person before buying it, from a friend or at a store. This is my personal experience so don't take it for granted. You may end up with different results from me when you use it because everyone has different needs/expectations.
    Thanks for your reply. As you are using S5 can you please tell me your personal experience with display.

I really like it but I use it on Cinema mode all the time. I can't stand oversaturation coming from a Nexus 5.
    Does it gets close to Nexus 5 in Cinema mode?

Quite a bit, it's not bad at all.