Strange Bluetooth issue

Search This thread

smalltownbird

Jan 27, 2010
Since I got my phone on release day and I haven't been able to use it to make calls in my 2012 mazdaspeed3. My other phones have worked fine so I thought I needed a software update on my radio. Well everything is up to date and that didn't fix it.
The problem is when I make or receive a phone call the Bluetooth will connect and disconnect every 5-10 seconds. This makes it impossible to talk on the phone.
So I have tried stock roms, sense based roms, and all the CM based roms and they all did the same thing. Yesterday I was trying to figure it out so I sat in my car in the garage and the phone was in a constant connect disconnect loop. During this time I was disabling apps and services hoping to stop it when all of a sudden I turned off WiFi and it stopped. I then called my wife and had a 10 min conversation with no problems. So I now run a tasker profile that when Bluetooth connects it turns off WiFi so I can make calls. The problem is I have a nexus 7 dash mounted and I use the WiFi hotspot to run apps.
So after all that, does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue? Should I return my phone for an exchange? Thanks for the help

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

85gallon

Since I got my phone on release day and I haven't been able to use it to make calls in my 2012 mazdaspeed3. My other phones have worked fine so I thought I needed a software update on my radio. Well everything is up to date and that didn't fix it.
The problem is when I make or receive a phone call the Bluetooth will connect and disconnect every 5-10 seconds. This makes it impossible to talk on the phone.
So I have tried stock roms, sense based roms, and all the CM based roms and they all did the same thing. Yesterday I was trying to figure it out so I sat in my car in the garage and the phone was in a constant connect disconnect loop. During this time I was disabling apps and services hoping to stop it when all of a sudden I turned off WiFi and it stopped. I then called my wife and had a 10 min conversation with no problems. So I now run a tasker profile that when Bluetooth connects it turns off WiFi so I can make calls. The problem is I have a nexus 7 dash mounted and I use the WiFi hotspot to run apps.
So after all that, does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue? Should I return my phone for an exchange? Thanks for the help

Borrow the ole ball and chain's phone and see if it acts the same way.

smalltownbird

Jan 27, 2010
Tried it. It works fine in my car, she has an S4. My phone also does the same in her car...

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Sounds like u need to swap it out for a replacement. Never had an issue unless using custom kernals.

TheRectified

Dec 16, 2010
Chicago, IL
Weird...

My M8 should be here today and I have a 2010 Mazdaspeed3. I hope this isn't an issue with all of them. Although, my MS3 has a long history of it's bluetooth not getting along with HTC phones.

jdebutts

Sep 16, 2010
Winchester
having the same issue here. My vehicle is a 2013 Ford F150 with Sync.

Worked up until about a day ago .. Now i can't get stock or aosp roms to lock in bluetooth

jonkunke

Dec 20, 2010
I am having the same issue.

It is connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, and it is SUPER annoying because it essentially renders my pebble watch useless.

For a while i was using the Automatic Link (car link) and was getting 'bluetooth share has stopped' errors, but found that when I stopped using the Automatic app it helped a little bit (stopped giving me the 'share has stopped' error), but it still connects and disconnects repeatedly.

The weirdest thing about this is that when I first got this phone I wasn't having this problem, everything was working fine for the first month or so, but it seems to keep getting worse.

I have tried wiping cache, dalvik, fixing permissions, etc. and have not had any luck, but I don't want to do a complete wipe of all my data and lose my text messages, etc. unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, since there are images and things in there that I continually refer to for work, and I have not found that titanium backup restores them very reliably.

Has anybody had any luck with this issue? Could it be a defective device? It seems to me like it should be a software problem because it is not something I was having problems with from the start...

I am very frustrated with this, even more so because I love this phone so much. I have never had a phone that I liked as much as this one, usually the first thing I do is install an AOSP rom, but I even like Sense 6 in some ways. With Nova Launcher's 'OK Google' hotword support this phone is a dream come true... if only the bluetooth worked.

powerwagon

Jun 6, 2010

It is connecting and disconnecting repeatedly, and it is SUPER annoying because it essentially renders my pebble watch useless.

For a while i was using the Automatic Link (car link) and was getting 'bluetooth share has stopped' errors, but found that when I stopped using the Automatic app it helped a little bit (stopped giving me the 'share has stopped' error), but it still connects and disconnects repeatedly.

The weirdest thing about this is that when I first got this phone I wasn't having this problem, everything was working fine for the first month or so, but it seems to keep getting worse.

I have tried wiping cache, dalvik, fixing permissions, etc. and have not had any luck, but I don't want to do a complete wipe of all my data and lose my text messages, etc. unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, since there are images and things in there that I continually refer to for work, and I have not found that titanium backup restores them very reliably.

Has anybody had any luck with this issue? Could it be a defective device? It seems to me like it should be a software problem because it is not something I was having problems with from the start...

I am very frustrated with this, even more so because I love this phone so much. I have never had a phone that I liked as much as this one, usually the first thing I do is install an AOSP rom, but I even like Sense 6 in some ways. With Nova Launcher's 'OK Google' hotword support this phone is a dream come true... if only the bluetooth worked.

Sounds like the common theme may be root for whatever reason. I assume when you first had the phone and it worked that you were not rooted? Possible issue?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator

you need to let HTC backup app take care of backing up your texts etc...what if you dropped the phone in the toilet tonight or got pushed into a pool?

this app is free...will backup your stuff daily or on demand and will restore email accounts/texts/desktop/apps/blinkfeed settings etc.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589902

install that, backup to the cloud (uses Google drive) and then continue troubleshooting without fear of losing stuff.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk