[Towel Root] [LB] [XMS/XMD] Steps to Get Full Root

Search This thread

djjangra

Dec 10, 2014
when I run install.bat n connect my phone to pc using USB debugging phone isn't connecting on windows 8 but working on windows 7 need help thank you

Sangeeth1

Sep 11, 2014
I'm going to set fire on my xperia M

With so much anger i am writing this. So far my issue was reboot fix not detecting my phone. But i made it work by installing flashtool drivers. Now my phone is detected by rebootfix. But now t is getting stuck at copying files. Only 3 files seems to be copied and it is stuck from there. No matter how much i wait it is still stuck and there are no progress whatsoever at all. When i referred a video in youtube it shows that there are a few more files that are getting copied. Also in the video it seems like it only takes a few seconds for the whole process to be completed. But in my case i am forced for a long wait.:mad: So please somebody help me, I'm running out of my phone 's internal memory. Not even being able to update a single app. So this will be my last try. If this is also not going to work then i am going to set fire on my xperia m and will soon upload the video here. Please help to resolve my issue.. Anybody please..

Eduardo Veríssimo

Dec 24, 2014
Now it is working!

Hi! After some struggle with bootloops and Link2SD, I think I have found this solution works better than others. The only thing I recommend doing is run remountrebootfix two or three times before going on, because the first time I executed it, it didn't install the files properly. A message saying the filesystem wasn't properly mounted for writing appeared when it tryed to copy the scripts to the right places, at the first time. The second time it worked like a charm, but I runned a third, just because...
Now it is working! Thank you everybody!

chinz01

Jan 7, 2015
Thank You

Great!! :victory:
Now time to see if Link2Sd, GL2SD FolderMount work :fingers-crossed:
:D

crazymina89

Jan 26, 2015
problems with bootloop

Hi! I've rooted my xperia with this method, and everything was ok (root and remountrebootfix), but when i put partitioned sd card, link2sd send me a message - mount script created, please restart your device. After that, phone start rebooting, and wont turn on until I get off sdcard. I've tried all options for partitioning, won't work. I have locked bootloader and stock rom 4.3, xperia m c1905. Please help.:angel:

Nicklas Van Dam

Dec 14, 2013
Tangerang
github.com
Hi! I've rooted my xperia with this method, and everything was ok (root and remountrebootfix), but when i put partitioned sd card, link2sd send me a message - mount script created, please restart your device. After that, phone start rebooting, and wont turn on until I get off sdcard. I've tried all options for partitioning, won't work. I have locked bootloader and stock rom 4.3, xperia m c1905. Please help.:angel:

if still on locked bootloader i think you can't use link 2 sd, because your partition still can't mount perfectly. i suggest to use another apps like gl to sd bro :)

sling-shot

Jul 6, 2012
Wanderlust
@crazymina89
Which Android version and which Xperia are you running? Is it M?

I am using ZR with Android 4.4.2. I had similar symptoms and succeeded after 2 tries of remountrebootfix. As mentioned by a poster previously it is good to try upto 3 times the remountrebootfix procedure.

I am on locked bootloader and it works.

What is the file system being used on your 2nd SD partition?

crazymina89

Jan 26, 2015
Sony xperia m c1905, android 4.3. I tried 3x remountrebootfix, but still not working. I tried almost all system files on second partition - ext2, ext3, ext4 and fat32.

I tried other apps - app2sd, gl2sd, foldermount - every time same is happening (bootloop until I get off sd card)

Last edited:

extremenoob95

Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone, as my username alludes to I am not the most tech smart person in the world. I have a sony xperia m and obviously want to root it. I am okay until I get to point 4 where I can't find the link posted in the OP. Can anybody help me with this

lisuser

Feb 5, 2015
Can't install busybox

Even though the Rootchecker says it's working, I still can't manage to install the Busybox, somebody please help me!
I'm getting the following errors:
"The su binary was not founf on your phone. This application will not work withyou root"
"I am unable to verify whether or not certain utilities needed for this application to run are present and functional on your device.
This problem could be cause by a device that is not properly rooted or by superuser settings that are misconfigured. Please try the install again"

I've have already re-installed the root three times and i have no problems during the process, also I haven't moved a single option on SU, does anybody have any idea what to do?
I have an Xperia M c1904 with jellybean 4.3

Kurt_Rd

Feb 7, 2015
Even though the Rootchecker says it's working, I still can't manage to install the Busybox, somebody please help me!
I'm getting the following errors:
"The su binary was not founf on your phone. This application will not work withyou root"
"I am unable to verify whether or not certain utilities needed for this application to run are present and functional on your device.
This problem could be cause by a device that is not properly rooted or by superuser settings that are misconfigured. Please try the install again"

I've have already re-installed the root three times and i have no problems during the process, also I haven't moved a single option on SU, does anybody have any idea what to do?
I have an Xperia M c1904 with jellybean 4.3

:(

Like my happened to me until this weekend achieves full root.

this morning try repeatedly make full root using the latest versions of busybox 1.23.X, but failed; I thought to use a more ancient busybox, I use the 1.20.2:fingers-crossed: ; and surprise ...... !!!!!

:victory:achieves the FULL ROOT !!!:eek::D:victory:

I'm using the Link2SD and foldermount and I have those annoying reboots.

in my xperia M 1905

Aleksa Dabic

Jan 23, 2015
Little help, here?

These are the steps i followed and get full root without get any bootloop, restart problem while mounting system partioning..
actually im not a owner of the scripts/apps used in this procedure, im just shared here..
all credits goes to original developer!!!
ROOT XMS/XMD 4.3 JB USING TOWEL ROOT
REQUIRED FILES:

Towel Root.apk

RemountReboot Fix by Abrar9322

STEPS:

Before starting the steps you need adb in pc..
so please install from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

1. Install towel root and execute it, device will reboot after the execution.
2. Install latest SuperSU(v1.99 or newer).
3. Install latest busybox
4. Copy remountrebootfix.zip anywhere on your computer and extract it.
5. Open the extracted folder and run install.bat
6. select option 1( for SuperSu ) then press enter.
7. It asks you to connect your device.
8. Now Connect your mobile with usb debugging enabled.

[ if you don't know how enable usb debugging, follow this...
Go to settings>developer options>USB debugging.
If you don't have developer option, go to settings > about phone > press on the build
number 7 times until it says 'you are
now a developer' ]

9. Grant Root permission when prompt.
10. Follow on screen instruction.
11.Device will reboot, then enjoy full root with locked bootloader...!!!!

!!!!YOU CAN USE GL2SD, LINK2SD, FOLDERMOUNT APPS WITHOUT ANY RESTART PROBLEM!!!!!
SPL Thanks to @geohot, @Snoop05, @mbc07 , @Abrar9322, @ansebovi, @ananthtcr and the one and all who encouraged me.....

When i enter the towel root and press make it ra1n( or what ever) it say that my phone is not supported... What should i do? (Sorry for my bad english)

lisuser

Feb 5, 2015
:(

Like my happened to me until this weekend achieves full root.

this morning try repeatedly make full root using the latest versions of busybox 1.23.X, but failed; I thought to use a more ancient busybox, I use the 1.20.2:fingers-crossed: ; and surprise ...... !!!!!

:victory:achieves the FULL ROOT !!!:eek::D:victory:

I'm using the Link2SD and foldermount and I have those annoying reboots.

in my xperia M 1905

Where can I get this version?

Top Liked Posts