WP7 Redesign...

Search This thread

bkf1

Sep 14, 2006
Hello,
I made redesign of Windows Phone 7. What do you say (on the left is my redesign, on the bottom is MS design)?

wm7redesign1.png
wm7redesign2.png

windowsphone7series.png

EDIT: Small changes... on the right image is preview of scrolling. Updated current WP7 preview (thanks DatDereX1).

Last edited:

NarSan

Jan 29, 2008
It's better than Metro UI but maybe You can make UI like HTC Sens but for WP7...

For me, it must be more color...

mschumacher69

Jun 9, 2010
It's better than Metro UI but maybe You can make UI like HTC Sens but for WP7...

For me, it must be more color...

Yeah it still needs more color, this blue thing is not working fro me, but this is still much better than the original UI! I really can't understand what they were thinking when they created this dull UI!!!

Kloc

Sep 18, 2008
Too much going on with that one. I like the new homescreen not the one you have.

WhyBe

Dec 27, 2008
Nah, your homescreen is too busy. You have to consider the fact that WP7 tiles are animated too.

I like the big targets of WP7 because in day to day use it will be easy to hit those without too much slowing down and aiming. I thinks its one of those user experience things people may not notice until the phone is actually in their hands.

The only change I would like to see in the home screen is some transparency to the background image.

the-hq

Mar 26, 2010
In my eyes your little arrows are too "iPhoney". Also the round edges and ultrabig buttons at the bottom kill it for me.

Blue Ice K4

Jul 31, 2007
Rome
i think that the standard wp7 metro ui it already complete and doesn't need label for icon, because they are already "explicit" for the target, adding label it's a duplication of information (label + icon) and result it's an heavier ui...
i'd like having the ability to change te background color of every tile, having the possibility to set a gradient, and the main background.
i think that it's only a matter of time that wp7 is released and we become familiar with the new ui and os :)

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
yours looks like the "modular" n97 homescreen ... i prefer titanium over both its the real eye candy , not some blue boxes on black

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like the original. Yours is too busy. Sometimes simpler is better.