Internal storage getting full by updates

Search This thread

ctcx

Jan 16, 2013
It seems that whenever I install application updates for my installed applications the ram, or internal storage is consumed, until the point that all is used and doesn't allow me to download more updates, nor install more applications. Moving some applications to SD just leads to the same result: the ram is eventually saturated again.

And it seems to happen either with stock rom and Cyanogenmod. I'm with CM right now.

What a friend did was uninstalling all apps, leave those really useful and avoiding updates at all, but I don't think that as a solution.

What can I do? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 5617821

Try using scripts like Cronmod to increase your internal memory by creating an ext partition in your SD card. That should solve it. Here is the link

[SCRIPTS]CronMod-INT2EXT

ctcx

Jan 16, 2013
What I tried to mean is, why are updates consuming always additional amounts of ram? Aren't they supposed to work by replacing old files with new ones?

Blackbox421

May 30, 2013
Duisburg
First of all what your are talking about is storage, not RAM.
And in most of the cases it doesnt need more storage. The reason why it's consuming more is because it downloads the whole application and then replace the old apk. After a reboot you'll have your old amount of storage.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

ctcx

Jan 16, 2013
In most cases it doesn't need more storage...

I tried what you suggested, and I seem to have my free storage again, or almost. After updating my apps and rebooting I have about 2 extra Mb consumed. Is it common?