[Q] Flash custom kernel or custom rom on i337m without losing LTE

Search This thread

gianmarcopc

Oct 29, 2013
Lima
Hey,
Is there a way to install a custom kernel (all of which I've seen are based on 9505) or a custom 9505 based rom on our i337m without losing LTE? Note that I've never installed other modem.bin files so I'm using my device's stock modem. Also, my carrier's LTE bandwidth is 1900 Mhz which is supported by i337m devices but not by 9505 devices -from what I have been able to find.
Every time I flash custom kernels or roms I lose LTE, everything else works perfectly well.
I've also tried using an Android Kitchen to modify my stock kernel and at least provide it with init.d support but when I flash on my device it won't finish booting up.
Thanks a lot in advance for any tip/help.

Jchef

Aug 26, 2013
I had this problem. I had to manually add the apn for LTE. For me though, I find that my signal would be weak at times. Ib4stid's goldeneye works great and gets great LTE... So does deadly Venom and vision x. I used kt, googy max and talexop kernels with vision x. Other 2 are fine out of the box.

Tapatalked from California Custom Chrome M&M I337m

Last edited:
Reactions: gianmarcopc

gianmarcopc

Oct 29, 2013
Lima
FYI, fixed the issue by installing another custom kernel: KT Kernel. LTE works flawlessly now. I tried with my carrier's stock kernel and GoogyMax before with no luck. Nothing else changed. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this problem. I had to manually add the apn for LTE. For me though, I find that my signal would be weak at times. Ib4stid's goldeneye works great and gets great LTE... So does deadly Venom and vision x. I used kt, googy max and talexop kernels with vision x. Other 2 are fine out of the box.

Tapatalked from California Custom Chrome M&M I337m