White dots while recording

Search This thread

gskelter

Jun 11, 2012
Hi guys i have a little problem with a moto g, when i want to record a video appear two white dots.

Already tried using other camera app but stil have the same result, this only happen while recording.

Any suggetions about what happen with the device?

Thanks

helppme

Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys i have a little problem with a moto g, when i want to record a video appear two white dots.

Already tried using other camera app but stil have the same result, this only happen while recording.

Thanks

I have two coloured artifacts on my screen when in camera mode. One is red, one is green, they are a few pixels in size. However, when I view a photo in the gallery they are not there, so it is clearly not an issue with the screen or with the image sensor.

Is this the kind of thing you are referring to?

gskelter

Jun 11, 2012
I have two coloured artifacts on my screen when in camera mode. One is red, one is green, they are a few pixels in size. However, when I view a photo in the gallery they are not there, so it is clearly not an issue with the screen or with the image sensor.

Exactly that is the same is happening to me, i downloaded a pixel death fix to see it can fix it but i think is something with the camera

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

helppme

Apr 20, 2011

Thanks

Exactly that is the same is happening to me, i downloaded a pixel death fix to see it can fix it but i think is something with the camera

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it. It does not affect the pictures. It is not an issue with the camera in any physical way and it is not an issue with your phones screen.

I'd be interested to know what causes it, but it's not a real problem, just odd..

DigitalSnow

Mar 23, 2012
Try a Screenshot

Try taking a screenshot of the issue while the camera is open. Do the artifacts show up on the screenshot picture?

helppme

Apr 20, 2011
Good idea. Yea they do show up on the screenshot

I added the photo. The main is the white mark in the middle and another 3 quartets of the way up.. It is odd

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390343563056.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390343563056.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 359

helppme

Apr 20, 2011
Its too small and is lost in the resolution when its uploaded. It was in the top right corner about 2cm screen distance to the right of the flash sign and about 1cm from top of screen.

The one u highlighted is indeed the one in the middle.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

DigitalSnow

Mar 23, 2012
Crosspost

After seeing this new thread with the same issue: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50269795

I too can see two artifacts while in the camera app. If the screen is divided into four squares, the middle of the top two squares have these white artifacts.

• They only appear in the camera app.
  • They do not show in pictures taken.
  • One does show in a screenshot. (attached)

From what I can tell, it is either an issue with the camera app or the sensor has defects that are eliminated by the camera processor.

Attachments

• fAznYiR.png
    fAznYiR.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-40-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-40-49.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 115

masterkyle

Nov 16, 2013
White Dots

I too have just bought a Moto G and when the screen is dark or totally black in camera mode you can see 1 white dot plainly. I does not show up when you take photos, however the white dot is there when you record video. Try it and see. Ill be carrying mines back today to see if I can get an exchange. I mean its minor but a distraction to have this white dot in all your videos.

Attached is my screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-31-07-34-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-31-07-34-29.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2014-05-31-07-34-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-31-07-34-43.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

jodhaniohm97

Nov 17, 2010
Ahmedabad
I have also noticed the same problem and position of dots are blinking slightly. uploadfromtaptalk1401604052510.jpg

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

masterkyle

Nov 16, 2013
Exchange

I have also noticed the same problem and position of dots are blinking slightly. View attachment 2774218

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

Well I went back to the store where I bought it since it was less than 2 days I had it under warranty. They will be bringing more from another branch and I'll be getting it exchanged Monday.

He said to carefully look for any faults this time before picking one. lol!

So happy! However if all have the same dots then ill just stick with the one I got!