Refurbished HD+ with bad Emmc, what can't I flash?

Search This thread

robbierob03

Oct 24, 2009
I just got my hands on a bone stock refurbished nook hd+, and started reading around the general section about how to root and put CM on it. However assuming that I have the bad emmc chip, what's the current status of CM Rom versions that I can't flash? Is 10.1.3 still the highest version I can use without the chance of bricking, or has 10.2 stable been patched? I don't plan to go bleeding edge, but is 11 safe as well? I tried searching all the rom threads but everything relating to the bad emmc situation is months old.

Just want to make sure I don't brick my new toy. TIA!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I believe that no one on this forum has been working on a CM10.2/11 Bad EMMC version of the HD+.
But you're in luck! Dev Succulent aka iamafanof released a Bad EMMC CM11 for the HD+.
Considering how his normal EMMC/SD CM11 based ROMs are amazing and bug free, I'm pretty sure this version is great as well.
I assume you know that because of having a Bad EMMC, you'll have to use the ROM on an SD.
Everyone here recommends a Class 4 Sandisk SD. Make sure it's a class 4 Sandisk. Look around for more info on why.
And to end this and keep you from waiting... DRUM ROLL PLEASE
Credits: verygreen, fattire, hashcode, bokbokan, loosethiskin
and the builder Succulent

http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2014...-4-4-2-for-bricked-no-emmc-nook-hd-02apr2014/
He does not really have a bad emmc, what he means is he has a chip that is susceptible to the brick bug. He has not bricked it yet, just worried about bricking.

And to answer his question, I believe all of the newest builds are ok with the susceptible emmc.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

JimJ2Mz

Jan 3, 2013
He does not really have a bad emmc...

WHOOPS
MAJOR DERP SORRY
I need to read more carefully next time.
Anyway, yeah, if it isn't actually bricked, then any of the recent ROMs will work.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Also, @leapinlar what ROM are you using?
I'm curious.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
WHOOPS
MAJOR DERP SORRY
I need to read more carefully next time.
Anyway, yeah, if it isn't actually bricked, then any of the recent ROMs will work.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Also, @leapinlar what ROM are you using?
I'm curious.
I still love CM10.1.3 stable. I've seen no reason to move from it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app